Creating Your Wiki Profile (Home Page)
Why you should create a profile
- As you start volunteering more in the Ubuntu Community, it is helpful to have a wiki profile. Your profile is a place that will let the community know more about you and your accomplishments.
What you should include in your profile
A basic profile should include:
- Your Real Name (at least, first initial and last name)
- Your Internet Contact Info:
- Email Address
- Freenode IRC nickname
- Launchpad name
- A Brief related bio
How do you fit into the community?
- A List of Accomplishments.
What have you done for the community?
- Include links to your teams, projects and specs.
- Include description of your involvement.
- Your goals and vision for Ubuntu Linux
When you ask for membership from the Community this important.
a sample profile
jdoe on irc.freenode.net
<doe AT mail DOT com>
- I discovered Linux and Ubuntu a few months ago. It was great. I got involved in the community when I had a problem with an application. I chatted on IRC about the problem and got interested in helping improve the application.
I am involved with BugSquad and MOTU now. I am helping package an app I discovered just recently. I am also helping squash bugs in few gnome apps that appear on Launchpads bug list.
I plan to continue helping maintain the package. I want to become an official MOTU and someday maybe a Dev. I plan to continue helping the BugSquad squash those bugs that seem to never end.