About the Edubuntu Wiki
What is a Wiki?
A wiki is a collaborative website that allows users to easily edit, add and contribute to the content available. Help on using the wiki can be found at:
Please abide by the Ubuntu Code of Conduct at all times.
Why Do We Use a Wiki?
- The spirit of the Ubuntu community, and indeed the Open Source community, is in sharing and collaboration. This spirit needs to be harnassed and supported in the tools that community uses and rely on. A wiki is one such tool that helps to enable member contributions in manner that is simple, user-friendly and effective.
What is the Edubuntu Wiki?
The Edubuntu Wiki, https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu, is the wiki space for the Edubuntu Team and contains information about:
- The Edubuntu community: how to get in touch and how to contribute
- Project management and tracking pages of projects and specifications within Edubuntu
- Launchpad teams: their goals, plans and progress
- Launchpad Specifications: their details, roadmaps and status
To contribute to the Wiki is simple and open, but we do urge you to refer to section on how to use the Edubuntu wiki so that we can contribute information in a fashion that is:
logical & structured
- linked from a central place so that pages are not left "hanging"
Edubuntu Wiki vs Ubuntu Wiki
What is the Ubuntu Help Community Wiki
Technical help for Ubuntu or any of its derivitives (like Edubuntu), however, will not be kept on the Edubuntu wiki. There is a specific website, https://help.ubuntu.com, dedicated to maintaining technical information, guides and howtos.
We urge you to join the Ubuntu Documentation Project if you want to contribute towards documenting Ubuntu, Edubuntu or any of the other derivitives.
Using the Edubuntu Wiki
Since the Ubuntu and Edubuntu wikis have the same base, all Edubuntu related wiki pages should preferably use the "Edubuntu" namespace.
Alternately, Edubuntu related wiki pages can have WikiNames that start with "Edubuntu" such as https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuArtwork
Each convention above is fine and will have the same search results when navigating the wiki. We do prefer, though, that sub-linking be used as it then offers more capabilities for navigating child and sibling pages.
Navigating the Edubuntu Wiki
A site map (which acts as a plan or roadmap as well) for the Edubuntu wiki is available at /SiteMap.
Things To Do With the Edubuntu Wiki
A lot of cleanup and archiving is needed. Refer to:
Links to Sub-Pages