Ubuntu Embedded Team
The Ubuntu Embedded Team will work towards the creation of tools, documention and a binary/source release for the purpose of running linux on small pc style hardware and true embedded hardware
The Goals of this project are to create the following environment in Ubuntu
- To create a micro version of Ubuntu suitable for read-only or flash booted systems
- Support having the root mounted in read-only
- Support live updates via apt (this must support updates of the read-only file system)
Support install via configuration scripts "ala KickStart"
- Must install with the absolute minimum required to run Linux
- Unbuntu are used in other language and devicese
- How to have a read-only root but allow areas of the file system to be read-write with out symbolic used in some projects
- How to enable upgrades of the read-only root image while maintaining the read-only and read-write systems
- Darryl Ross
- Mike O'Connor
Are there plans to offer this build for PDA's, such as the Sharp Zaurus? I'd love to have an Ubuntu-based system with Opie on my Zaurus with the ability to sync to my Kubuntu desktop. . . Taking a look at the OpenEmbedded build system might be worthwhile. . .
From ThomasPorteus Sun May 22 09:10:38 +0100 2005 From: Thomas Porteus Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:10:38 +0100 Subject: EmDebSys and EmDebian Message-ID: <20050522091038+0100@https://www.ubuntulinux.org>
a lot of work has been done by the debian guys to convert debian into emdebian, maby do the same thing we did to make debian into ubuntu can be done to make emDebian into emUbuntu.