yeah ok, so maybe its a lame picture?
I work for OpenSourcery as a Open Source Software Engineer.
- I dumped Windows forever to use Ubuntu and I never looked back.
- My GNU/Linux path began using Debian for a brief stint, followed by years of Redhat/Fedora.
I am married and my wife really does not mind Ubuntu. She enjoys the community focus.
- I live in a community house with 5 other roomates and my wife(we rent a room).
Contributions to the Community
- 1,539+ posts to the Ubuntu forums.
- Dialogue with users about configuration, setup and Ubuntu maintaing.
Created a Uber-GNU/Linux compatible games list to help users find games to play natively on Ubuntu. This list has been viewed 41,117+ times and have been used by thousands of Ubuntu users to find enjoyable games to play on Ubuntu.
Many people still do not understand how to get 3D working on thier Ubuntu setup. I created This guide to help them.
- Attempted and resolved some forum conflict amongst users.
- Advocate GNU/Linux, FLOSS and Ubuntu.
Further Plans to Contribute to Community
- Create a Free Software album with Gnome, Ubuntu and other such inspired songs. I plan to release this within a year in the .ogg format. I plan to release it under a very liberal create commons license.
- Perhaps do some music for a FLOSS game in development.
- Video document Open Source confrences and meetings. I will attend an Ubuntu meeting (unfortunately cant make the Australia meeting) and video document it (if i get permission). I will make the video available via the OGG theora format.
Computing History in all its Glory (or lack thereof)
Started computing on a VIC 20 my parents bought. It rocked. I played games, and started hacking with code I found in commodore magazines. Thus begineth my computing career.
- Moved to a Tandy computer. DOS enters picture. DOS was not a terrible OS.
- Took an Apple Basic class in Junior High. Thus begain my more serious programming days. GWBasic was the language I used to hack on some cheesy text based games.
- Then my parents ponied up some major cash for a 486SX/25! What a SWEET Machine! We could play mpeg video and it came with a soundcard! Win3.1 sucked though, I liked DOS better. QBasic was my language of choice.
- **Will finish at a later date.**
- Graduated George Fox University with my degree in Computer Information Science.
Interned at Mentor Graphics.
- Had a brief stint working for the Xerox Corporation.