|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|KernelTeamAgenda:: The next meeting is scheduled for 22 March, 2000UTC||KernelTeamAgenda:: None scheduled|
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
|2005-09-01:: Ben Collins takes on the kernel. Fabio will be missed!|
|Line 31:||Line 32:|
| * Kernel team is enterring 'freeze mode' before Preview release.
* The kernel team is preparing first 2.6.11 packages for Hoary+1.
|* The kernel team is in ABI freeze for breezy preview.|
The Kernel Team aims to provide the best kernel for Ubuntu by maintaining a high-quality, consistent package across the supported and unsupported arches.
The leader of the kernel team is Ben Collins.
The Linux kernel in Ubuntu has, until this point, been primarily maintained by a series of different individuals. As Ubuntu takes on more architectures and more users, it needs a solid team to help maintain this essential piece of infrastructure.
Discussion for the team currently occurs on the [http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team kernel-team] list.
Kernel team meetings
- None scheduled
Kernel team resources
- Tasks of the kernel team
- TODO list
- Policies and procedures of the team
Kernel team news
- Ben Collins takes on the kernel. Fabio will be missed!
- Fabio is back!
- While Fabio is away, the kernel team is handled by Lamont JONES, Chuck SHORT and Thibaut VARENE.
Kernel team hot issues
- The kernel team is in ABI freeze for breezy preview.