This page describes how to perform dapper -> hardy upgrades. Note that hardy is not yet released.
- enable the "dapper-proposed" repository
- install the updated "update-manager" package
- run "update-manager -d"
- a button should appear that tells the user that a new distribution version is available
- enable the "dapper-proposed repository
- install the new "update-manager-core" package
- run "do-release-upgrade -d" in a terminal window
- follow the steps on the terminal window
For the final version the packages will move from "dapper-proposed" to "dapper-updates". The "-d" (--devel-release) switch will then no longer be needed.