Main Inclusion Report for pyusb
- This package is needed by hal-cups-utils as runtime dependency
CVE entries: No entries listed
Secunia history: Nothing listed
- No binaries running as root (runs only as root if caller runs as root) or suid/sgid, no daemons.
- No network activity: Does not open ports, does not handle incoming network data.
- No handling of binary or structured data.
- No source code checks done. The package is simply an interface between Python and libusb. libusb is already in main.
- No configuration required. Package does not contain any file in /etc.
- No debconf questions.
Debian bugs: Only one bug listed, not marked as high priority, did never hit it with hal-cups-utils.
Maintenance in Debian: Gets regularly packaged in Debian, last two uploads in June and July 2008.
Upstream: Low upload frequency, probably only needs change when libusb API changes.
Upstream bug tracker: No open bugs listed.
- Hardware: The package does not directly deal with hardware, it is only an interface between Python programs and libusb. The hardware access is done by libusb which is already in main.
- No test suites included, but package is very simple.
- Only Python and libusb, both in main.
- debian/control describes the package well. USB access is done via libusb.
- Upstream name is also "pyusb" and it seems that it was so all the time.
MIR bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/253123
Submitted by Till Kamppeter