converted to 1.6 markup
← Revision 32 as of 2009-08-29 14:27:27
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|* [[https://launchpad.net/~jedijf|Jim Fisher]] Contact # (215) 317-1522||* [[https://launchpad.net/~jedijf|Jim Fisher]] Contact # (636) 2-JEDI-JF (253-3453)|
Mt Airy Learning Tree Computer Volunteer Group LTSP Project
Team Members (please add your name)
- To establish a fully functional Linux Terminal Server 'Classroom' style working DEMO
- Train the MALT Computer Volunteer Group how to operate and administer the LTSP.
- Conduct Monthly meetings on the LAST WEDNESDAY of EVERY MONTH.
- Take on 'Other Projects' as requested by the Volunteer Group.
Location and Information
New Home: 6757 Greene St Philadelphia, PA 19119
Date: June 25, 2008
Time: 7pm to 9pm
Topic: Coop Project (School District of Phila. / Weavers Way)
Current Project Status:
1. Demonstrate the various working models for the project.
2. Pick one or more variations to proceed with.
3. Install as needed to the 6 laptops
4. Discuss Training Plan.
Date: August 8, 2007
Topic: Install Ubuntu and Intro to LTSP
The volunteers were walked through the Ubuntu installation process. Halfway through an LTSP demonstration was provided.
Date: August 29, 2007
Topic: Exploring Ubuntu Linux via Thin Clients
Allow them to explore freely from 7:15 to 8:30 and take questions from 8:30 to 9:00.
Date: September 26, 2007
Topic: Complete YOUR own task
The volunteers will EACH pick a task that they currently perform with another OS and complete the same task with Ubuntu. Examples include presentations, drawing, graphics, instant messaging, photo and audio editing.
Date: October 24, 2007
Topic: Finding HELP for Ubuntu Issues
The numerous ways to find help for Ubuntu will be explored and utilized by participants.
Date: November 3, 2007
The Build-a-Computer Workshop students would like us to instruct/oversee their installation of a dual boot system featuring Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon.
Date: November 28, 2007
The MALT participants will be shown how to utilize the various IRC clients available in Ubuntu. Channels that offer HELP and ASSISTANCE will be featured.
Date: December 19, 2007
Topic: Begin Coop Project (Weavers Way/School District of Philadelphia)
1. Install DSL to Compact Flash for use with CF to IDE adapter.
2. Test this installation on two of the laptops.
3. Verify that the spreadsheet works well with Gnumeric application.
4. If 1-3 are good, purchase 6 CF cards and adapters from Microcenter and eBay, respectively.
5. Install to rest of laptops at next meeting with MALT CVG classroom on 1/30/2008.