This screencast takes you through how to access your computer remotely via a method that uses VNC over SSH.
People that would like to access their machine remotely
An ubuntu machine connected to a network connection
The user needs a basic understanding of package installation.
How the user would like to access the machine. Text or graphically based.
- Explain what choices there are for accessing your computer remotely
- Explain that VNC is relatively insecure
- Explain what ssh tunnelling is
- Show how to install the ssh server
- Configuring the SSH server
- Setting up the VNC server
- Port forwarding?
- Connecting from a remote machine:
- Mac OS X