Show how it is possible to run *some* programs designed for DOS or Windows under Ubuntu Linux. The methods here are using DOSEMU and WINE. Cedega and Crossover are mentioned but not shown/used. DOSBOX, QEMU and other emulators are NOT used or shown. They will be shown in another screencast about emulation.
- Users who wish to run legacy DOS programs
- Users who wish to run Microsoft Windows applications
- A DOS or Windows application
- Basic familiarity with navigation in Ubuntu
- Describe how to install DOSEMU and WINE
- Detail how to run DOS programs under DOSEMU
- Explain how to run Microsoft Windows applications under WINE