|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|* The session is then added to the sidebar and can be dragged into a time slot.|| * Clicking on ok will accept the session and then add it to the sidebar, where the scheduler can schedule it.
* Clicking cancel will take the user back to the normal view.
* When the session is on the sidebar it can be dragged into a time slot.
Summit System Assessment
Current System Assessment
- Conflicts with multiple people scheduling - seven people scheduling can cause conflicts.
- Blueprints should not be used to schedule sessions - blueprints are for specs not sessions, and don't apply to roundtables and private sessions.
- Schedule session button:
Allow a scheduler to schedule a session on the fly without having to register a blueprint so people can schedule BoFs quickly.
- Clicking on the button will spawn a lightbox with 2 fields, title and description for the session and an ok/cancel button.
- Clicking on ok will accept the session and then add it to the sidebar, where the scheduler can schedule it.
- Clicking cancel will take the user back to the normal view.
- When the session is on the sidebar it can be dragged into a time slot.
- A field for "crew" and "videographer"
- So we can use the system to schedule crew with the conflict resolution.
- The role is then integrated into the person's personal view so it's on their schedule.
- Design review
- Input from the design team as Mark has ideas on what he wants the schedule to look like design-wise
- Needs to look as professional as our main website, since partners and upstreams come to UDS.
- "Big screen friendly"
- Ensure the page elements show up even on scroll, list of rooms, time slots, etc.
- iCal Support
- Needed so we can have the IRC bot announce sessions in the channel
- So people can use their phones for the schedule.
- Auto-generate the time slots.
- We run a SQL query to generate blank slots to drop sessions in, this is annoying, and making them by hand is time consuming.
Bugs we need fixed
- Performance review - ISD added memcached support which improved the performance considerably. We need to find a way to generate the schedule without hammering launchpad over and over.
- Archive old UDS schedules.