What is Ubuntu Kylin?
The objective of the Ubuntu Kylin project is to create a variant of Ubuntu that is more suitable for Chinese users. We are committed to provide you with a delicate, thoughtful and fully customized Chinese user experience out-of-the-box. For instance, by providing a desktop user interface localized in Chinese and installing common software that Chinese users commonly use by default. Ubuntu Kylin has been a formal member of the Ubuntu family, since UbuntuKylin 13.04. Now, we are working on 14.10.
We are glad to announce the release of Ubuntu Kylin 14.10 Beta 1. In this pre-release, the Linux Kernel is updated to 3.16. This Beta 1 upgrades to Unity 7.3.1, Ubuntu Kylin software center 0.3.3, Sogou IM 1.1.0, Wiznote 2.1.12 and fix more than 20 bugs. Some interesting new features are still under development.
Note That: This is an beta pre-release, which is not suitable for normal users, but for Ubuntu Kylin developers and users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs.
Ubuntu Kylin Desktop
Ubuntu Kylin Software Center
- Chinese QQ Group: 262012757
- IRC Channel: #ubuntukylin-devel
Business Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Release ISO can be downloaded from here.
- Failed to boot from USB disk with error: gfxboot.c32: not a COM32R Image boot:(bug #1325801);
- In live session, Ubuntu Kylin help is display correctly, after installed Ubuntu Kylin help wasn't installed(bug #1308889);
- After login the system, some windows flashing(bug #1362086);
- Panel at the top missing, clicking on launcher does not have any response(bug #1362141);
- When login the system, there is a windows will pop up that tips install language(bug #1335776);
Thanks to everyone involving in the development of Ubuntu Kylin, the success of Ubuntu Kylin 14.10 would the result of our joint efforts. If you want to be a contributor of Ubuntu Kylin,see: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin/NewContributorGuide