Differences between revisions 1 and 433 (spanning 432 versions)
imported from the old wiki
← Revision 433 as of 2008-08-06 16:40:58
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= UserDocumentation =
This page acts both as a (not complete but getting there) master index for documentation and a sketch pad for ideas. However at the moment it has no structural definition. We are working on changing that. For the moment please try searching the whole page for what you are looking for. If you want to get involved with editing and organising the Wiki please visit DocumentationTeam.
Also please visit IdeasForNewFrontPageStructure and comment!
= Documentation Area =
'''Please discuss major/structural changes to this page on [http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-doc Documentation Email list].'''
== Getting Started / Installation ==
* UbuntuCommunityPhilosophy - Ubuntu Philosophy
* GettingUbuntu - How to obtain the Install CD
* SmartBootManagerHowto - Installing from PC which will not boot from CD
* FrequentlyAskedQuestions - Answers for questions not yet in the [http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/ FAQ database]
* HardwareSupport - List of supported hardware
* InstallFromKnoppixHowto - If the Ubuntu installer lets you down
* InstallFromDebianSargeCDHowto - When the only thing you have is a debian 3.0 CD set.
* LowEndSystemSupport - Making the desktop interface snappier on machines without much memory
* NetbootInstallHowto - Installing over the net, e.g. with no CDROM or non-bootable SCSI CDROM
* NetbootInstallLowMemHowto - Installing over the net to a system with no floppy, cdrom, and low memory
* WartyWarthog/UpgradeNotes - upgrading from pre-Release or Debian Woody to Warty Warthog
== Documentation ==
* https://site-edit.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/folder_contents - lists all Wiki Pages in Alphabetical Order
* BasicCommands - Basic Shell/command line/console commands for Newbies
* RestrictedFormats - Discusses use and installation of mp3/dvd/flash/java
* RootSudo - Discussion of use of sudo and lack/use of root account
* StartingTheJourney - A conceptual, terminology discussing guide, not practical by any sense
* [Repositories] - What are repositories?
* UsefulDocumentation - Useful documentation not specific to Ubuntu/from External sites
== External Documentation ==
=== Ubuntu-specific ===
* [http://www.ubuntuguide.org The Unofficial Ubuntu Guide]
* [http://del.icio.us/tag/ubuntu Ubuntu links section on del.icio.us]
=== Debian-specific ===
* [http://www.debian.org/doc/ Debian documentation index]
* [http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals Debian Documentation Project Users' Manuals]
* [http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/ GNU/Linux Desktop Survival Guide]
=== Gnome-specific ===
* [http://www.gnome.org/learn/ Learn to use Gnome website]
=== Support for Included Applications ===
HINT: Many of the below applications come with extensive Help Sections-check these first!!!
[http://support.openoffice.org/index.html OpenOffice Suite]
[http://www.mozilla.org/support/ Mozilla Firefox]
[http://www.gimp.org/docs/ The GIMP]
|#REFRESH 0 http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UserDocumentation|