Differences between revisions 3 and 40 (spanning 37 versions)
added some guidelines, better explanation of what the page is about. more needed
← Revision 40 as of 2008-08-06 16:40:22
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was renamed from DraftWikiRules
This page contains some guidelines and help for how to post and work on the documentation in the Ubuntu wiki (UserDocumentation). Out aim is to make consistent, integrated and reliable documentation that users can access simply and quickly.
Our aim is to make documentation which a new computer user can understand and which teaches the user what they are doing. With that in mind, please take into account the following guidelines:
* Always search for existing guides when inserting material
* Please read the [http://doc.ubuntu.com/styleguide/styleguide.html Documentation Team Styleguide] before posting.
* When making any edits to pages, always leave a comment so others can see what you are doing easily.
* Don't link pages in UserDocumentation until they have been reviewed and are out of CategoryCleanup
* Use the /forum page when adding material from the forum that is not fully formatted or has not been reviewed.
* Put pages into CategoryCleanup when they have not been reviewed.
|#REFRESH 0 http://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide|