20150728

Differences between revisions 2 and 3
Revision 2 as of 2015-07-28 19:02:23
Size: 1748
Editor: msdomdonner
Comment:
Revision 3 as of 2015-07-28 19:45:59
Size: 18563
Editor: inetpro
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 39: Line 39:
PASTE SUMMARY OF MINUTES HERE AFTER THE MEETING [18:29:42] STARTED (inetpro)
[18:30:12] TOPIC: Welcoming and Introduction (inetpro)
[18:37:47] TOPIC: Review minutes of previous meeting (inetpro)
[18:44:30] TOPIC: Events (inetpro)
[18:52:18] ACCEPTED: Events: PyConZA 2015 happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits https://za.pycon.org/ (inetpro)
[19:12:13] AGREED: SFD is planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station... details to emerge at http://www.sfd.org.za/ (inetpro)
[19:15:02] TOPIC: Miscellaneous (inetpro)
[19:24:56] TOPIC: Elect chairperson for next meeting (inetpro)
[19:28:33] AGREED: pieter2627 to chair our next meeting (inetpro)
[19:29:03] TOPIC: Next meeting (inetpro)
[19:29:49] AGREED: next meeting happening on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 at 20:30 (inetpro)
[19:30:32] ENDED (inetpro)
Line 44: Line 55:
PASTE LIST OF ATTENDANTS HERE AFTER THE MEETING
* MaNI
* Raymond Wanyoike (raywan)
* Jan Greeff (Langjan)
* Pieter Engelbrecht (pieter2627)
* Rusty Beukes (Guest92255)
* William Kinghorn (williamk)
* Trixar_za
* Gavin Bauer (Cryterion)
* MaNL
* stickyboy
* full name (Kilos)
* Gustav H Meyer (inetpro)
* MaN1
* Greg Eames (magespawn)
* Raoul Snyman (superfly)
* Your Daddy (kulelu88)
* Jaco Stroebel (gremble)
* kapanda
Line 53: Line 80:
PASTE RAW LOGS HERE AFTER THE MEETING [18:29:42] <inetpro> Maaz: start meeting
[18:29:42] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[18:29:50] <kulelu88> kapanda: are you kapanda from the JoziLUG?
[18:30:00] <Kilos> Maaz I am Miles Sharpe
[18:30:00] <Maaz> Kilos: Okay
[18:30:02] <inetpro> Maaz: I am Gustav H Meyer
[18:30:02] <Maaz> inetpro: Okay
[18:30:05] <kapanda> Yes
[18:30:12] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:12] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:13] <Kilos> Guest92255 like that
[18:30:23] <kapanda> @ Kulelu88
[18:30:32] <inetpro> good evenig everyone, thanks for joining us
[18:30:40] <Guest92255> Maaz: I am Rusty Beukes
[18:30:40] <Maaz> Guest92255: Sure
[18:30:46] <Kilos> hi inetpro thanks for making it
[18:30:59] <inetpro> please introduce yourself to Maaz so he can take the minutes
[18:31:19] <kulelu88> Maaz: I am kulelu88
[18:31:19] <Maaz> kulelu88: Okay
[18:31:35] <williamk> Maaz: I am William Kinghorn
[18:31:35] <Maaz> williamk: Righto
[18:31:43] <inetpro> as seen above simply start with "Maaz: I am <firstName lastName>"
[18:32:22] <pieter2627> Maaz: I am Pieter Engelbrecht
[18:32:22] <Maaz> pieter2627: Sure
[18:32:29] <Guest92255> Kilos: thanx
[18:32:47] <Kilos> Cryterion ^^
[18:33:04] <Kilos> bot sign in time
[18:33:04] <Maaz> Kilos: *blink*
[18:33:13] <Kilos> ai!
[18:33:28] <inetpro> who is here for the first time?
[18:33:55] <inetpro> raise your hand o/
[18:34:04] <Kilos> stickyboy you may join you know
[18:34:22] <Kilos> hi raywan you in time
[18:34:36] <raywan> Kilos: tell me :)
[18:34:43] <inetpro> our agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20150728
[18:34:46] <Kilos> hi Langjan
[18:35:10] <Langjan> Hi Kilos
[18:35:24] <Kilos> raywan sign in with the bot please and you oom Langjan
[18:35:24] <Langjan> Hows the meeting going?
[18:35:31] <inetpro> please feel free to suggest any last minute topic for discussion
[18:35:34] <Kilos> just signing in still
[18:35:45] <Kilos> inetpro me me
[18:35:50] <Langjan> Hoe doen ek dit nou weer asb?
[18:36:13] <Kilos> maaz I am full name
[18:36:13] <Maaz> Kilos: Sure
[18:36:15] <inetpro> Langjan: simply start with "Maaz: I am <firstName lastName>"
[18:36:18] <Kilos> ai!
[18:36:19] <raywan> Maaz: I am Raymond Wanyoike
[18:36:19] <Maaz> raywan: Yessir
[18:36:41] <Kilos> net so Langjan ^^
[18:36:41] <Langjan> Maaz I am Jan Greeff
[18:36:41] <Maaz> Langjan: Alrighty
[18:36:42] <inetpro> obviously without the <>
[18:36:50] <Kilos> well done
[18:36:58] <inetpro> ok, everyone has signed?
[18:37:38] <kulelu88> Maaz: I am Your Daddy
[18:37:38] <Maaz> kulelu88: Alrighty
[18:37:39] <inetpro> let's move on then
[18:37:40] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[18:37:40] <Maaz> superfly: Alrighty
[18:37:47] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:37:47] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:37:48] <Langjan> Kilos, I just popped in to say the junk is out the window, great guns and thks to you and kulelu88
[18:38:02] <kulelu88> np Langjan :)
[18:38:07] <inetpro> minutes for our previous meeting can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20150623
[18:38:08] <Kilos> Langjan we happy to have helped
[18:38:50] <Langjan> You're champs, have a great meeting tonight and congrats on all you'r e doing
[18:39:28] <inetpro> oom Langjan: great to see others standing up to help \o/
[18:39:53] <Kilos> ty Langjan you keep well there
[18:39:54] <inetpro> thanks for joining to exress your gratitude
[18:40:03] <inetpro> express*
[18:40:09] <Langjan> My privilege inetpro
[18:40:33] <Cryterion> Maaz: I am Gavin Bauer [18:40:33] <Maaz> Cryterion: Righto
[18:40:50] <Cryterion> sorry, fighting with my server Kilos
[18:41:00] <Kilos> np Cryterion
[18:41:26] <Langjan> Go well geeks, I'll leave you to it
[18:41:50] <inetpro> good night Langjan
[18:42:01] <Kilos> lekker slaap oom
[18:42:23] <kulelu88> ping MaNI
[18:42:30] <Trixar_za> Oh old is Langjan that Kilos calls him "oom"?
[18:42:34] <Trixar_za> how*
[18:42:41] <Langjan> Dankie julle, ek is bly Kilos kan darem nou ook vir iemand se oom
[18:42:44] <inetpro> anyone have anything to raise from last the meeting? If not I will move on in a minute or so
[18:42:48] <Kilos> near 10 years older than me
[18:43:05] <Kilos> haha
[18:43:14] <Kilos> 8 years 2 months
[18:43:31] <Langjan> Hey you're exaggerating, its only 9 trs and 2 months if I recall?
[18:43:40] <Langjan> Oh 8
[18:43:59] <Kilos> we the ballies here
[18:44:00] <Langjan> and 2 mths
[18:44:30] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Events
[18:44:30] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[18:45:14] <inetpro> things have been rather quiet
[18:45:16] <inetpro> again
[18:45:22] <Kilos> yeah
[18:45:35] <inetpro> apart from Kilos keeping things rolling :-)
[18:45:47] <pieter2627> yip
[18:45:50] <inetpro> Kilos: thanks for all the efforts
[18:46:13] <inetpro> tomorrow we have our first meeting at #ubuntu-africa
[18:46:14] <Kilos> my pleassure inetpro and all of ubuntu-za
[18:46:30] <Kilos> pleasure
[18:46:32] <raywan> inetpro: what time
[18:46:50] <inetpro> raywan: same time as this evening... 20:30 SAST
[18:47:06] <Cryterion> just 24hrs later
[18:47:07] <raywan> inetpro: noted
[18:47:26] <inetpro> Kilos: sorry from my side for being so quiet here... been rather busy at work
[18:47:44] <Kilos> np inetpro life takes over
[18:47:44] <kulelu88> https://za.pycon.org/ PyCon 2015 has been announced. Happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits.
[18:48:02] <stickyboy> pycon za, w00t.
[18:48:05] <Kilos> hi grem
[18:48:11] <Kilos> ai!
[18:48:15] <stickyboy> Congrats.
[18:48:21] <stickyboy> Kilos and I are going to learn Python.
[18:48:27] <Kilos> hehe
[18:48:30] * pieter2627 rofl
[18:49:08] <inetpro> stickyboy: great! :-)
[18:49:13] <stickyboy> inetpro: :P
[18:49:29] <kulelu88> There is a Ruby bootcamp happening also.
[18:49:34] <kulelu88> looking for details
[18:49:37] <inetpro> stickyboy: when do you plan to write the exam?
[18:50:05] <stickyboy> inetpro: February. :D
[18:50:12] <stickyboy> Gotta quit my day job :P
[18:50:33] <Kilos> oh my
[18:50:45] <Kilos> wb gremble
[18:51:20] <Kilos> wb MaNL
[18:51:41] <Kilos> some peeps got bad interwebs tonight
[18:52:18] <inetpro> Maaz: accepted Events: PyConZA 2015 happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits https://za.pycon.org/
[18:52:18] <Maaz> Accepted: Events: PyConZA 2015 happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits https://za.pycon.org/
[18:53:06] <inetpro> oops... I skipped "Plans for 2015"
[18:53:44] <inetpro> please follow the links in the Agenda for those and let's keep those actions rolling
[18:54:03] <inetpro> any other events?
[18:54:55] <kulelu88> I can't think of any
[18:55:16] <gremble> Sup
[18:55:34] <Kilos> you can sign in for this meeting gremble
[18:55:49] <gremble> Oh snap.
[18:56:00] <gremble> Maaz I am Jaco Stroebel
[18:56:00] <Maaz> gremble: Righto
[18:56:27] <kapanda_> How about iweek cape town in September
[18:57:00] <inetpro> hmm... andrewlsd not here this evening?
[18:57:16] <Kilos> nope he been missing for a while now
[18:58:21] * inetpro wondering about the Khayelitsha installfest activities
[18:58:57] <inetpro> anyone joined the discussion group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kifest ?
[18:59:12] <pieter2627> nope
[18:59:27] <inetpro> me neither
[18:59:46] <Kilos> kapanda_ whats the iweek
[19:00:37] <kapanda_> http://www.iweek.org.za/
[19:01:23] <kapanda_> Does the link help
[19:02:12] <pieter2627> reminds me of myBroadbands conf
[19:02:15] <kapanda_> Mostly to deal with ISP
[19:02:34] <kapanda_> Yes
[19:02:51] <inetpro> kapanda_: that looks like an old link
[19:03:18] <kapanda_> They is one this year
[19:03:35] <inetpro> kapanda_: when is it?
[19:03:52] <pieter2627> 7-11 sept
[19:04:06] <inetpro> ah
[19:05:04] <Kilos> someone should go wake up the ISP's
[19:05:04] * inetpro wondering whether we'll see anything there from the open source side of the fence
[19:05:27] <kapanda_> I found a foundation there last year called Coza Care. they claim to be the first to install Ubuntu in schools
[19:05:44] <inetpro> at least we know the SFD (http://www.sfd.org.za/) event is coming up soon as well
[19:05:50] <inetpro> SFD planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station
[19:06:31] <inetpro> kapanda_: interesting
[19:06:56] <gremble> It's a shame they couldnt get a nicer venue. Hopefully there will be interesting talks. You guys planning on hosting one of them install parties?
[19:07:26] <inetpro> gremble: you mean at the iweek event?
[19:07:32] <gremble> SFD
[19:08:28] <inetpro> gremble: hmm... I guess it can be arranged, anyone willing to stand up for that?
[19:09:36] <gremble> I'll be there so I wouldn't mind helping out with you guys. I was the Arch person last year, but I am fairly sure I can play for both teams ;)
[19:09:56] <kulelu88> install parties should be more for beginners now. SFD is already for people using open source
[19:10:21] <inetpro> kulelu88: I agree, those topics are quite advanced these days
[19:10:41] <inetpro> but that doesn't mean we can not try to catch a few newbies
[19:10:55] <Kilos> well said
[19:10:58] <gremble> The talk topics? Yes. A shit-load of containerisation talks haha
[19:11:21] <kulelu88> link to it?
[19:12:12] <Kilos> http://www.sfd.org.za/
[19:12:12] <gremble> To the talks? I don't have a link, but in 2013 there was quite a few and 2014 was practically dominated by it.
[19:12:13] <inetpro> Maaz: agreed SFD is planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station... details to emerge at http://www.sfd.org.za/
[19:12:13] <Maaz> Agreed: SFD is planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station... details to emerge at http://www.sfd.org.za/
[19:13:10] * inetpro seen Karl Fisher talking with speakers already
[19:13:28] <gremble> :D
[19:13:39] <inetpro> gremble: you one of them?
[19:13:48] <gremble> Nope.
[19:13:52] <gremble> Maybe next year
[19:14:38] <inetpro> ok, shall we move on...
[19:14:44] <Kilos> yip
[19:14:52] <Kilos> time running low
[19:15:02] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Miscellaneous
[19:15:02] <Maaz> Current Topic: Miscellaneous
[19:15:40] <kapanda_> I will be in Cape town during that time so what ever is planned I am kin
[19:15:41] <inetpro> the floor is yours for about 10 minutes
[19:16:07] <inetpro> Kilos: ^^
[19:16:12] <Kilos> oh
[19:16:49] <Kilos> i asked williamk if we could work a plan on gettings the lugs and us more involved
[19:16:58] <Kilos> together i mean
[19:17:24] <Kilos> maybe we can work out better ways to work together to promote foss and ubuntu
[19:17:56] <Kilos> would be nice to approach all the za lugs so we can all team up
[19:18:08] <Cryterion> Kilos williamk does the Durban lug?
[19:18:14] <Kilos> yes
[19:18:17] <Kilos> he is here
[19:18:24] <Kilos> williamk ^^
[19:18:32] <Cryterion> See that, just need to wait for him
[19:19:09] <Kilos> he is not an irc man but with luck we can hook him here
[19:19:21] <pieter2627> with how many lugs do we have contact with?
[19:19:27] <Cryterion> can only wait and hope
[19:19:56] <Kilos> he is very busy but maybe a ping will wake him
[19:20:01] <Kilos> williamk ping
[19:20:08] <Kilos> hehe
[19:20:09] <Cryterion> I'll try
[19:20:26] <inetpro> Kilos: I guess will have this type of a discussion tomorrow as well?
[19:20:31] <Kilos> there is jozilug and glug
[19:20:35] <magespawn> good evening
[19:20:45] <magespawn> sorry for the tardiness
[19:20:52] <Kilos> hi magespawn you in time to sign in
[19:20:52] <Cryterion> your grounded
[19:20:59] <Cryterion> lol
[19:21:02] <kulelu88> that is not how you ping on the interwebz
[19:21:16] <Kilos> ok kulelu88 you do it
[19:21:28] <inetpro> magespawn: no problem, just sign the attendance register please
[19:21:31] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:32] <williamk> Kilos I am working on it, need to find a location to have training sessions and meetings
[19:21:32] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:33] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:34] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:34] <kulelu88> v
[19:21:35] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:39] <Kilos> i did a ctcp ping once here and got jumped on
[19:21:40] <magespawn> Maaz I am Greg Eames
[19:21:40] <Maaz> magespawn: Okay
[19:21:51] <inetpro> thanks :-)
[19:22:07] <kulelu88> when in doubt, contact jozihub
[19:22:11] <Kilos> williamk have you any ideas how we can team up
[19:22:56] <Kilos> williamk i mean to get ubuntu and lugs to work together and help each other
[19:22:57] <inetpro> Kilos: you are the master of teaming up with others
[19:23:05] <Kilos> ai!
[19:23:17] <williamk> Kilos, we can talk about how we can do that
[19:23:19] <Kilos> lug peeps normally shun me
[19:23:33] <Kilos> that would be good ty williamk
[19:23:45] <pieter2627> kilos has lost his shambok
[19:23:55] <inetpro> but he don't give up easily
[19:24:01] * Cryterion gives kilos a new shambok
[19:24:07] <Kilos> williamk dont forget Cryterion wants to chat to you as well
[19:24:12] <Kilos> hehe
[19:24:20] <Cryterion> When he gets the chance
[19:24:23] <Kilos> hibana stole my last one
[19:24:40] <inetpro> ok guys... I guess we can keep talking even after the meeting... time running out now
[19:24:51] <Kilos> Cryterion you gotta catch him in weak moments
[19:24:56] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:24:56] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:25:10] <Cryterion> Kilos, will keep trying
[19:25:11] <Kilos> pro to arrange
[19:25:12] <inetpro> any volunteers or suggestions?
[19:25:24] <pieter2627> o/
[19:25:29] <Kilos> we have pro and backup man pieter2627
[19:25:32] * inetpro votes for pieter2627
[19:25:43] <Kilos> you game pieter2627 ?
[19:25:49] <pieter2627> yes
[19:25:55] * Kilos seconds
[19:26:03] * Cryterion votes Kilos
[19:26:08] <Kilos> nono
[19:26:22] <Cryterion> why not?
[19:26:35] <inetpro> nice! Others please feel free to suggest others or confirm your vote for pieter2627 with +1
[19:26:35] <Kilos> greeter bots forget meeting commands
[19:26:49] <Kilos> pieter2627 +1
[19:27:00] * Cryterion votes pieter2627
[19:27:12] <Cryterion> there's your 2 inetpro
[19:27:16] <Kilos> you gotta +1
[19:27:24] <inetpro> Kilos: unfortunately Maaz doesn't count votes
[19:27:30] <Kilos> oh my
[19:27:42] <Kilos> well you can inetpro
[19:27:51] <inetpro> :-P
[19:27:55] <Kilos> hehe
[19:28:09] <Cryterion> Reprogram Maaz to count :)
[19:28:21] <inetpro> pieter2627: agreed pieter2627 to chair our next meeting
[19:28:25] <inetpro> oops
[19:28:27] <kapanda_> I am not sure about my vote but i will go for the majority
[19:28:33] <inetpro> Maaz: agreed pieter2627 to chair our next meeting
[19:28:33] <Maaz> Agreed: pieter2627 to chair our next meeting
[19:28:49] <Kilos> good luck pietie
[19:29:03] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Next meeting
[19:29:03] <Maaz> Current Topic: Next meeting
[19:29:04] <pieter2627> haha thanks guys
[19:29:32] <Kilos> dont forget tomorrow night meeting in #ubuntu-africa
[19:29:49] <inetpro> Maaz: agreed next meeting happening on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 at 20:30
[19:29:49] <Maaz> Agreed: next meeting happening on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 at 20:30
[19:30:05] <Kilos> williamk ty for joining us we can discuss more via email
[19:30:17] <kapanda_> guy have heard of http://osssa.org.za/
[19:30:26] <Kilos> would be nice if your whole lug joined ours
[19:30:26] <inetpro> thanks everyone
[19:30:32] <inetpro> Maaz: end meeting

Meeting Info

Meetings are held every 4th Tuesday of each month at 20:30 SAST (UTC+2) and are pretty informal. Anyone is free to join in and give comments and suggestions, its even encouraged. Please introduce yourself to the bot at the start of the meeting so he can take note of all members present as follows:

Maaz: I am NAME SURNAME

Agenda

Summary

Minutes
=======

[18:29:42] STARTED (inetpro)
[18:30:12] TOPIC: Welcoming and Introduction (inetpro)
[18:37:47] TOPIC: Review minutes of previous meeting (inetpro)
[18:44:30] TOPIC: Events (inetpro)
[18:52:18] ACCEPTED: Events: PyConZA 2015 happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits https://za.pycon.org/ (inetpro)
[19:12:13] AGREED: SFD is planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station... details to emerge at http://www.sfd.org.za/ (inetpro)
[19:15:02] TOPIC: Miscellaneous (inetpro)
[19:24:56] TOPIC: Elect chairperson for next meeting (inetpro)
[19:28:33] AGREED: pieter2627 to chair our next meeting (inetpro)
[19:29:03] TOPIC: Next meeting (inetpro)
[19:29:49] AGREED: next meeting happening on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 at 20:30 (inetpro)
[19:30:32] ENDED (inetpro)

Present
=======

* MaNI
* Raymond Wanyoike (raywan)
* Jan Greeff (Langjan)
* Pieter Engelbrecht (pieter2627)
* Rusty Beukes (Guest92255)
* William Kinghorn (williamk)
* Trixar_za
* Gavin Bauer (Cryterion)
* MaNL
* stickyboy
* full name (Kilos)
* Gustav H Meyer (inetpro)
* MaN1
* Greg Eames (magespawn)
* Raoul Snyman (superfly)
* Your Daddy (kulelu88)
* Jaco Stroebel (gremble)
* kapanda

Log

[18:29:42] <inetpro> Maaz: start meeting
[18:29:42] * Maaz gets out his memo-pad and cracks his knuckles
[18:29:50] <kulelu88> kapanda: are you kapanda from the JoziLUG?
[18:30:00] <Kilos> Maaz  I am Miles Sharpe
[18:30:00] <Maaz> Kilos: Okay
[18:30:02] <inetpro> Maaz: I am Gustav H Meyer
[18:30:02] <Maaz> inetpro: Okay
[18:30:05] <kapanda> Yes
[18:30:12] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:12] <Maaz> Current Topic: Welcoming and Introduction
[18:30:13] <Kilos> Guest92255  like that
[18:30:23] <kapanda> @ Kulelu88
[18:30:32] <inetpro> good evenig everyone, thanks for joining us
[18:30:40] <Guest92255> Maaz:  I am Rusty Beukes
[18:30:40] <Maaz> Guest92255: Sure
[18:30:46] <Kilos> hi inetpro thanks for making it
[18:30:59] <inetpro> please introduce yourself to Maaz so he can take the minutes
[18:31:19] <kulelu88> Maaz: I am kulelu88 
[18:31:19] <Maaz> kulelu88: Okay
[18:31:35] <williamk> Maaz: I am William Kinghorn
[18:31:35] <Maaz> williamk: Righto
[18:31:43] <inetpro> as seen above simply start with "Maaz: I am <firstName lastName>"
[18:32:22] <pieter2627> Maaz: I am Pieter Engelbrecht
[18:32:22] <Maaz> pieter2627: Sure
[18:32:29] <Guest92255> Kilos:  thanx
[18:32:47] <Kilos> Cryterion  ^^
[18:33:04] <Kilos> bot sign in time
[18:33:04] <Maaz> Kilos: *blink*
[18:33:13] <Kilos> ai!
[18:33:28] <inetpro> who is here for the first time?
[18:33:55] <inetpro> raise your hand o/
[18:34:04] <Kilos> stickyboy  you may join you know
[18:34:22] <Kilos> hi raywan you in time
[18:34:36] <raywan> Kilos: tell me :)
[18:34:43] <inetpro> our agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20150728
[18:34:46] <Kilos> hi Langjan 
[18:35:10] <Langjan> Hi Kilos 
[18:35:24] <Kilos> raywan  sign in with the bot please and you oom Langjan 
[18:35:24] <Langjan> Hows the meeting going?
[18:35:31] <inetpro> please feel free to suggest any last minute topic for discussion
[18:35:34] <Kilos> just signing in still
[18:35:45] <Kilos> inetpro  me me
[18:35:50] <Langjan> Hoe doen ek dit nou weer asb?
[18:36:13] <Kilos>    maaz I am full name
[18:36:13] <Maaz> Kilos: Sure
[18:36:15] <inetpro> Langjan: simply start with "Maaz: I am <firstName lastName>"
[18:36:18] <Kilos> ai!
[18:36:19] <raywan> Maaz: I am Raymond Wanyoike
[18:36:19] <Maaz> raywan: Yessir
[18:36:41] <Kilos> net so Langjan ^^
[18:36:41] <Langjan> Maaz I am Jan Greeff
[18:36:41] <Maaz> Langjan: Alrighty
[18:36:42] <inetpro> obviously without the <>
[18:36:50] <Kilos> well done
[18:36:58] <inetpro> ok, everyone has signed?
[18:37:38] <kulelu88> Maaz: I am Your Daddy
[18:37:38] <Maaz> kulelu88: Alrighty
[18:37:39] <inetpro> let's move on then
[18:37:40] <superfly> Maaz: I am Raoul Snyman
[18:37:40] <Maaz> superfly: Alrighty
[18:37:47] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:37:47] <Maaz> Current Topic: Review minutes of previous meeting
[18:37:48] <Langjan> Kilos,  I just popped in to say the junk is out the window, great guns and thks to you and kulelu88 
[18:38:02] <kulelu88> np Langjan :)
[18:38:07] <inetpro> minutes for our previous meeting can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20150623
[18:38:08] <Kilos> Langjan  we happy to have helped
[18:38:50] <Langjan> You're champs, have a great meeting tonight and congrats on all you'r e doing
[18:39:28] <inetpro> oom Langjan: great to see others standing up to help \o/
[18:39:53] <Kilos> ty Langjan you keep well there
[18:39:54] <inetpro> thanks for joining to exress your gratitude
[18:40:03] <inetpro> express*
[18:40:09] <Langjan> My privilege inetpro 
[18:40:33] <Cryterion> Maaz: I am Gavin Bauer                                                                                                     [18:40:33] <Maaz> Cryterion: Righto
[18:40:50] <Cryterion> sorry, fighting with my server Kilos
[18:41:00] <Kilos> np Cryterion 
[18:41:26] <Langjan> Go well geeks, I'll leave you to it
[18:41:50] <inetpro> good night Langjan
[18:42:01] <Kilos> lekker slaap oom
[18:42:23] <kulelu88> ping MaNI 
[18:42:30] <Trixar_za> Oh old is Langjan that Kilos calls him "oom"?
[18:42:34] <Trixar_za> how*
[18:42:41] <Langjan> Dankie julle, ek is bly Kilos  kan darem nou ook vir iemand se oom 
[18:42:44] <inetpro> anyone have anything to raise from last the meeting? If not I will move on in a minute or so
[18:42:48] <Kilos> near 10 years older than me
[18:43:05] <Kilos> haha
[18:43:14] <Kilos> 8 years 2 months
[18:43:31] <Langjan> Hey you're exaggerating, its only 9 trs and 2 months if I recall?
[18:43:40] <Langjan> Oh 8
[18:43:59] <Kilos> we the ballies here
[18:44:00] <Langjan> and 2 mths
[18:44:30] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Events
[18:44:30] <Maaz> Current Topic: Events
[18:45:14] <inetpro> things have been rather quiet
[18:45:16] <inetpro> again
[18:45:22] <Kilos> yeah
[18:45:35] <inetpro> apart from Kilos keeping things rolling :-)
[18:45:47] <pieter2627> yip
[18:45:50] <inetpro> Kilos: thanks for all the efforts
[18:46:13] <inetpro> tomorrow we have our first meeting at #ubuntu-africa
[18:46:14] <Kilos> my pleassure inetpro and all of ubuntu-za
[18:46:30] <Kilos> pleasure
[18:46:32] <raywan> inetpro: what time
[18:46:50] <inetpro> raywan: same time as this evening... 20:30 SAST
[18:47:06] <Cryterion> just 24hrs later
[18:47:07] <raywan> inetpro: noted
[18:47:26] <inetpro> Kilos: sorry from my side for being so quiet here... been rather busy at work
[18:47:44] <Kilos> np inetpro life takes over
[18:47:44] <kulelu88> https://za.pycon.org/ PyCon 2015 has been announced. Happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits. 
[18:48:02] <stickyboy> pycon za, w00t.
[18:48:05] <Kilos> hi grem
[18:48:11] <Kilos> ai!
[18:48:15] <stickyboy> Congrats. 
[18:48:21] <stickyboy> Kilos and I are going to learn Python.
[18:48:27] <Kilos> hehe
[18:48:30] * pieter2627 rofl
[18:49:08] <inetpro> stickyboy: great! :-)
[18:49:13] <stickyboy> inetpro: :P
[18:49:29] <kulelu88> There is a Ruby bootcamp happening also.
[18:49:34] <kulelu88> looking for details
[18:49:37] <inetpro> stickyboy: when do you plan to write the exam?
[18:50:05] <stickyboy> inetpro: February. :D
[18:50:12] <stickyboy> Gotta quit my day job :P
[18:50:33] <Kilos> oh my
[18:50:45] <Kilos> wb gremble 
[18:51:20] <Kilos> wb MaNL 
[18:51:41] <Kilos> some peeps got bad interwebs tonight
[18:52:18] <inetpro> Maaz: accepted Events: PyConZA 2015 happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits https://za.pycon.org/
[18:52:18] <Maaz> Accepted: Events: PyConZA 2015 happening in October in Johannesburg/Milpark/Wits https://za.pycon.org/
[18:53:06] <inetpro> oops... I skipped "Plans for 2015"
[18:53:44] <inetpro> please follow the links in the Agenda for those and let's keep those actions rolling
[18:54:03] <inetpro> any other events?
[18:54:55] <kulelu88> I can't think of any
[18:55:16] <gremble> Sup
[18:55:34] <Kilos> you can sign in for this meeting gremble 
[18:55:49] <gremble> Oh snap. 
[18:56:00] <gremble> Maaz I am Jaco Stroebel
[18:56:00] <Maaz> gremble: Righto
[18:56:27] <kapanda_> How about iweek cape town in September 
[18:57:00] <inetpro> hmm... andrewlsd not here this evening?
[18:57:16] <Kilos> nope he been missing for a while now
[18:58:21] * inetpro wondering about the Khayelitsha installfest activities
[18:58:57] <inetpro> anyone joined the discussion group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kifest ?
[18:59:12] <pieter2627> nope
[18:59:27] <inetpro> me neither
[18:59:46] <Kilos> kapanda_  whats the iweek
[19:00:37] <kapanda_> http://www.iweek.org.za/
[19:01:23] <kapanda_> Does the link help
[19:02:12] <pieter2627> reminds me of myBroadbands conf
[19:02:15] <kapanda_> Mostly to deal with ISP
[19:02:34] <kapanda_> Yes 
[19:02:51] <inetpro> kapanda_: that looks like an old link
[19:03:18] <kapanda_> They is one this year
[19:03:35] <inetpro> kapanda_: when is it?
[19:03:52] <pieter2627> 7-11 sept
[19:04:06] <inetpro> ah
[19:05:04] <Kilos> someone should go wake up the ISP's
[19:05:04] * inetpro wondering whether we'll see anything there from the open source side of the fence
[19:05:27] <kapanda_> I found a foundation there last year called Coza Care. they claim to be the first to install Ubuntu in schools 
[19:05:44] <inetpro> at least we know the SFD (http://www.sfd.org.za/) event is coming up soon as well
[19:05:50] <inetpro> SFD planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station
[19:06:31] <inetpro> kapanda_: interesting
[19:06:56] <gremble> It's a shame they couldnt get a nicer venue. Hopefully there will be interesting talks. You guys planning on hosting one of them install parties?
[19:07:26] <inetpro> gremble: you mean at the iweek event?
[19:07:32] <gremble> SFD
[19:08:28] <inetpro> gremble: hmm... I guess it can be arranged, anyone willing to stand up for that?
[19:09:36] <gremble> I'll be there so I wouldn't mind helping out with you guys. I was the Arch person last year, but I am fairly sure I can play for both teams ;)
[19:09:56] <kulelu88> install parties should be more for beginners now. SFD is already for people using open source
[19:10:21] <inetpro> kulelu88: I agree, those topics are quite advanced these days
[19:10:41] <inetpro> but that doesn't mean we can not try to catch a few newbies
[19:10:55] <Kilos> well said
[19:10:58] <gremble> The talk topics? Yes. A shit-load of containerisation talks haha
[19:11:21] <kulelu88> link to it? 
[19:12:12] <Kilos> http://www.sfd.org.za/
[19:12:12] <gremble> To the talks? I don't have a link, but in 2013 there was quite a few and 2014 was practically dominated by it. 
[19:12:13] <inetpro> Maaz: agreed SFD is planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station... details to emerge at http://www.sfd.org.za/
[19:12:13] <Maaz> Agreed: SFD is planned for 19 September 2015 at the Station Lounge, Pretoria Gautrain Station... details to emerge at http://www.sfd.org.za/
[19:13:10] * inetpro seen Karl Fisher talking with speakers already
[19:13:28] <gremble> :D
[19:13:39] <inetpro> gremble: you one of them?
[19:13:48] <gremble> Nope.
[19:13:52] <gremble> Maybe next year
[19:14:38] <inetpro> ok, shall we move on...
[19:14:44] <Kilos> yip
[19:14:52] <Kilos> time running low
[19:15:02] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Miscellaneous
[19:15:02] <Maaz> Current Topic: Miscellaneous
[19:15:40] <kapanda_> I will be in Cape town during that time so what ever is planned I am kin 
[19:15:41] <inetpro> the floor is yours for about 10 minutes
[19:16:07] <inetpro> Kilos: ^^
[19:16:12] <Kilos> oh
[19:16:49] <Kilos> i asked williamk if we could work a plan on gettings the lugs and us more involved
[19:16:58] <Kilos> together i mean
[19:17:24] <Kilos> maybe we can work out better ways to work together to promote foss and ubuntu
[19:17:56] <Kilos> would be nice to approach all the za lugs so we can all team up
[19:18:08] <Cryterion> Kilos williamk does the Durban lug?
[19:18:14] <Kilos> yes
[19:18:17] <Kilos> he is here
[19:18:24] <Kilos> williamk  ^^
[19:18:32] <Cryterion> See that, just need to wait for him
[19:19:09] <Kilos> he is not an irc man but with luck we can hook him here
[19:19:21] <pieter2627> with how many lugs do we have contact with?
[19:19:27] <Cryterion> can only wait and hope
[19:19:56] <Kilos> he is very busy but maybe a ping will wake him
[19:20:01] <Kilos> williamk  ping
[19:20:08] <Kilos> hehe
[19:20:09] <Cryterion> I'll try
[19:20:26] <inetpro> Kilos: I guess will have this type of a discussion tomorrow as well?
[19:20:31] <Kilos> there is jozilug and glug
[19:20:35] <magespawn> good evening
[19:20:45] <magespawn> sorry for the tardiness
[19:20:52] <Kilos> hi magespawn you in time to sign in
[19:20:52] <Cryterion> your grounded
[19:20:59] <Cryterion> lol
[19:21:02] <kulelu88> that is not how you ping on the interwebz
[19:21:16] <Kilos> ok kulelu88 you do it
[19:21:28] <inetpro> magespawn: no problem, just sign the attendance register please
[19:21:31] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:32] <williamk> Kilos I am working on it, need to find a location to have training sessions and meetings
[19:21:32] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:33] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:34] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:34] <kulelu88> v
[19:21:35] <kulelu88> williamk: ping
[19:21:39] <Kilos> i did a ctcp ping once here and got jumped on
[19:21:40] <magespawn> Maaz I am Greg Eames
[19:21:40] <Maaz> magespawn: Okay
[19:21:51] <inetpro> thanks :-)
[19:22:07] <kulelu88> when in doubt, contact jozihub 
[19:22:11] <Kilos> williamk  have you any ideas how we can team up
[19:22:56] <Kilos> williamk  i mean to get ubuntu and lugs to work together and help each other
[19:22:57] <inetpro> Kilos: you are the master of teaming up with others
[19:23:05] <Kilos> ai!
[19:23:17] <williamk> Kilos, we can talk about how we can do that
[19:23:19] <Kilos> lug peeps normally shun me
[19:23:33] <Kilos> that would be good ty williamk 
[19:23:45] <pieter2627> kilos has lost his shambok
[19:23:55] <inetpro> but he don't give up easily
[19:24:01] * Cryterion gives kilos a new shambok
[19:24:07] <Kilos> williamk  dont forget Cryterion wants to chat to you as well
[19:24:12] <Kilos> hehe
[19:24:20] <Cryterion> When he gets the chance
[19:24:23] <Kilos> hibana stole my last one
[19:24:40] <inetpro> ok guys... I guess we can keep talking even after the meeting... time running out now
[19:24:51] <Kilos> Cryterion  you gotta catch him in weak moments
[19:24:56] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:24:56] <Maaz> Current Topic: Elect chairperson for next meeting
[19:25:10] <Cryterion> Kilos, will keep trying
[19:25:11] <Kilos> pro to arrange
[19:25:12] <inetpro> any volunteers or suggestions?
[19:25:24] <pieter2627> o/
[19:25:29] <Kilos> we have pro and backup man pieter2627 
[19:25:32] * inetpro votes for pieter2627
[19:25:43] <Kilos> you game pieter2627 ?
[19:25:49] <pieter2627> yes
[19:25:55] * Kilos seconds
[19:26:03] * Cryterion votes Kilos
[19:26:08] <Kilos> nono
[19:26:22] <Cryterion> why not?
[19:26:35] <inetpro> nice! Others please feel free to suggest others or confirm your vote for pieter2627 with +1
[19:26:35] <Kilos> greeter bots forget meeting commands
[19:26:49] <Kilos> pieter2627  +1
[19:27:00] * Cryterion votes pieter2627
[19:27:12] <Cryterion> there's your 2 inetpro
[19:27:16] <Kilos> you gotta +1 
[19:27:24] <inetpro> Kilos: unfortunately Maaz doesn't count votes
[19:27:30] <Kilos> oh my
[19:27:42] <Kilos> well you can inetpro 
[19:27:51] <inetpro> :-P
[19:27:55] <Kilos> hehe
[19:28:09] <Cryterion> Reprogram Maaz to count :)
[19:28:21] <inetpro> pieter2627: agreed pieter2627 to chair our next meeting
[19:28:25] <inetpro> oops
[19:28:27] <kapanda_> I am not sure about my vote but i will go for the majority 
[19:28:33] <inetpro> Maaz: agreed pieter2627 to chair our next meeting
[19:28:33] <Maaz> Agreed: pieter2627 to chair our next meeting
[19:28:49] <Kilos> good luck pietie
[19:29:03] <inetpro> Maaz: topic Next meeting
[19:29:03] <Maaz> Current Topic: Next meeting
[19:29:04] <pieter2627> haha thanks guys
[19:29:32] <Kilos> dont forget tomorrow night meeting in #ubuntu-africa
[19:29:49] <inetpro> Maaz: agreed next meeting happening on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 at 20:30
[19:29:49] <Maaz> Agreed: next meeting happening on Tuesday, 25 August 2015 at 20:30
[19:30:05] <Kilos> williamk  ty for joining us we can discuss more via email
[19:30:17] <kapanda_> guy have heard of http://osssa.org.za/
[19:30:26] <Kilos> would be nice if your whole lug joined ours
[19:30:26] <inetpro> thanks everyone
[19:30:32] <inetpro> Maaz: end meeting

ZATeam/Meetings/20150728 (last edited 2015-07-28 19:45:59 by inetpro)