January 22nd, 2009, 12:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.
Action Items from Jan 15th, 2008
- ogra to finish touchscreen spec
- lool to finish specs
- persia to verify all specs are assgined
Review Roadmap progress
Wimax: we should start packaging this stack but need help from Kernel and Foundation folks for some bits (kernel drivers and DHCP patches); we also need hardware :-p amitk had started looking in some stuff http://www.linuxwimax.org/Download
- Any Other Business
Action items from this weeks meeting
- persia to get initial results from mobile-setup-wizard
- NCommander to take over driving ship-seed-for-mobile-images to close it
- NCommander to reset arm-softboot-loader to "Drafting", and work towards a solution in #ubuntu-arm over the next week.
StevenK to review selection-of-arm-images
persia to request conclusions from application research delegates for mobile-applications
Most specs had limited discussion or quick actions. Notable points are that lpia-versus-i386 conclusions need to be discussed with the Foundations team, arm-softboot-loader needs to be reimagined, and the remaining bits of mobile-team-seed-management are likely waiting for more output from archive-reorganisation.
Considering Intel WiMax
Apparently the kernel portions of this stack were included in hardy, and dropped in intrepid. The userspace portions were never included. Some kernel portions have since merged upstream. Current upstream work can be seen from http://www.linuxwimax.org/Download . There were no volunteers to investigate this further, or draft a spec for inclusion: volunteers welcome.