My Ubuntu story
Areas of work
If you'd like to comment, but are not the applicant or a sponsor, do it here. Don't forget to sign with @SIG@.
As a sponsor, just copy the template below, fill it out and add it to this section.
== <SPONSORS NAME> == === General feedback === ## Please fill us in on your shared experience. (How many packages did you sponsor? How would you judge the quality? How would you describe the improvements? Do you trust the applicant?) === Specific Experiences of working together === ''Please add good examples of your work together, but also cases that could have handled better.'' === Areas of Improvement ===
- 34, french, married and have 2 young sons,
Network UPS Tools Project Leader since 2005,
former Ubuntu Media Center Team Leader,
Free Software developer and contributor, in many (unrelated) areas:
- NUT: author of snmp-ups, mge-shut, newmge-shut, newhidups / usbhid-ups, mge-xml, Integrated Power Management (HAL integration) ; co author of mge-utalk, hidups, SNMP UPS Agent, the new naming scheme ; contributor to blazer, bestferrups, nut core, and many others ; coordination with manufacturers, linux-usb developers, Net SNMP and packagers (Debian, Ubuntu, Mandriva, SuSE, ...)...
author of WMNut, the first graphical NUT client,
author of MGE - Personal Solution Pac 3 for Linux, which make the use of NUT with MGE units an easy task (hourly work),
LIRC team member: I'm still pushing several efforts to make LIRC use an easy task (key naming standardization, HAL and udev support, several GUIs and helper). Most of these tasks are part of the UMC project,
co author of the libhid project,
co author of the Nagios plugin for NUT (check-ups)
contributed to KNutClient, french translation, and various help,
- Linux kernel:
- help to the hiddev developments,
- contributed information for the saa7134 cards,
help the (now defunct) gAcc accounting program,
contributed to the iPaq h19xx effort, some documentation, and beta testing,
Synce KDE french translation,
- X11 Sunleo manpage creation,
Lincity NG french translation,
Xawdecode / XdTv showtime function (OSD display the time),
- some pieces of my code seems to have been re used in other programs (like sdig)
Board member of the Guilde (one of the biggest and oldest french LUG) for 2 years (1998 - 2000),
- Free Software Evangelist
- many more forgotten things...
Linux User #99443