20090505

Log of meeting on 05/05/09

General Agenda Items and Proposals

PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.

This means:

  1. If there is an issue for the team, add it to the agenda.
  2. Agenda items then should be discussed "informally" on #ubuntufourms-beginners. 90 % of the discussion should have taken place before the meeting. The channel should be enjoyable for everyone, but keep in mind the purpose of the channel is to discuss team functions.
  3. Ideally, meetings then are for decision making, team votes. Read the agenda and discuss your thoughts before the meeting. 10 % (or less) of the discussion should happen during the meeting.
  4. Agenda items that require more then 5 minutes of discussion may need to be deferred.

Who

What

Rocket2DMn

Members not on mailing list: saj0577, overdrank

nhandler

Team Reporting / UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter

nhandler

Votes at Meetings

thewrath

IRC Policies/Behaviors

Agenda discussion

  • Members not on mailing list: Saj0577 stopped by the IRC channel. He said he will subscribe to the mailing list sometime this week.
  • Team Reporting: Team Reports are created by most official Ubuntu Teams. At the end of the month, all of the individual team reports are combined and posted in on the Fridge, on individual blogs, in the UWN, and in many other places. These team reports are a great way for us to keep the rest of the community informed about what we are doing. I have already gone ahead and created a Team Report Page that we can use. I would also be fine updating it each month. I also want to try and get a small paragraph added to the UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter after each meeting. -- nhandler 2009-05-03 20:42:49

  • Votes at Meetings: In the past, we have used VoteBot during our meetings in #ubuntuforums-beginners on irc.freenode.net. VoteBot had a feature that would only allow voiced users (BT members) to vote. Now that we are holding our meetings in #ubuntu-meeting, we are using MootBot. MootBot does not have any method of restricting who can participate in a vote. Should we simply allow all people present at the meeting to vote? Or should we find another way?

  • IRC Policies/Behaviors: Over the past week there has been some issues with behavior in IRC Channel. Just want to go over policy and remind members we are an official Ubuntu Channel. In addition, all members should be proactive if there are issues. If things get out of hand, message an OP.

Log

   1 [00:01] <bodhi_zazen> #startmeeting
   2 
   3 [00:01] <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:01. The chair is bodhi_zazen.
   4 
   5 [00:01] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
   6 
   7 [00:01] <bodhi_zazen> Welcome everyone
   8 
   9 [00:01] <jamesrfla> Hi bodhi_zazen
  10 
  11 [00:01] <Bodsda> Morning people
  12 
  13 [00:01] <bgs100> Hi bodhi_zazen
  14 
  15 [00:01] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Agenda : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  16 
  17 [00:01] <MootBot> New Topic:  Agenda : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  18 
  19 [00:01] <Hellow> afternoon peoples
  20 
  21 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> We have a full schedule so please read ahead
  22 
  23 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> ready Rocket2DMn ?
  24 
  25 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Mailing list
  26 
  27 [00:02] <MootBot> New Topic:  Mailing list
  28 
  29 [00:03] <Rocket2DMn> Yeah
  30 
  31 [00:03] <Rocket2DMn> Just as a followup to a decision made earlier, everybody needs to be on the mailing list, or you will lose voice
  32 
  33 [00:03] <Rocket2DMn> AFAIK, saj and overdrank are the only two not on the list now
  34 
  35 [00:03] <Rocket2DMn> saj apparently said he would get on later this week, so we just need to talk to OD
  36 
  37 [00:03] <nhandler> Has anyone seen overdrank recently?
  38 
  39 [00:04] <jamesrfla> nope
  40 
  41 [00:04] <PartyBoi2> not for awhile
  42 
  43 [00:04] <Rocket2DMn> no, havent seen him around, just on the forums occassionally
  44 
  45 [00:04] <Bodsda> no
  46 
  47 [00:04] <thewrath> no, only when he said he would sign up alter on in the week
  48 
  49 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> How about if we send out an email to the 2 MIA with a 30 day deadline ?
  50 
  51 [00:04] <Rocket2DMn> howabout just before the next meeting bodhi_zazen
  52 
  53 [00:04] <Rocket2DMn> that's 2 weeks, right?
  54 
  55 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> 2 weeks is too short , IMO
  56 
  57 [00:04] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: I think overdrank is the only one we need to send an email
  58 
  59 [00:04] <sdennie> Either way works for me
  60 
  61 [00:04] <bodhi_zazen> some people have things come up
  62 
  63 [00:05] <Rocket2DMn> ok, 30 days then
  64 
  65 [00:05] <Rocket2DMn> you want to email overdrank bodhi_zazen ?
  66 
  67 [00:05] <sdennie> It's a trivial thing to do
  68 
  69 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> Well, email helps document nhandler
  70 
  71 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> I shall
  72 
  73 [00:05] <Rocket2DMn> Thanks, that is all for this topic i believe
  74 
  75 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> anyone want to vote ?
  76 
  77 [00:06] <nhandler> I don't think a vote is necessary. I think we [AGREE]
  78 
  79 [00:06] <ds305> I vote not to vote.
  80 
  81 [00:06] <sdennie> Naaa
  82 
  83 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> [ACTION] email with 30 day notice
  84 
  85 [00:06] <MootBot> ACTION received:  email with 30 day notice
  86 
  87 [00:06] <sdennie> 0
  88 
  89 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Ubuntu newsletter
  90 
  91 [00:06] <MootBot> New Topic:  Ubuntu newsletter
  92 
  93 [00:07] <nhandler> I'm up
  94 
  95 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> Team reporting looks great nhandler
  96 
  97 [00:07] <nhandler> I talked to the UWN editors, they said that they would be wiling to include a blurb about the UFBT after our meetings
  98 
  99 [00:07] <cprofitt> I agree with the process nhandler
 100 
 101 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> I think we need someone to lead that project up , probably should be me ?
 102 
 103 [00:07] <cprofitt> and the UWN editors are very nice
 104 
 105 [00:07] <cprofitt> to work with
 106 
 107 [00:08] <nhandler> I have been getting involved with the UWN lately bodhi_zazen, so I can act as a liason
 108 
 109 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> what do we need to do nhandler ?
 110 
 111 [00:08] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: The Team Reporting link explains how to handle it
 112 
 113 [00:08] <nhandler> If you want, I can demonstrate after this meeting
 114 
 115 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> link here for logs please nhandler :)
 116 
 117 [00:08] <bgs100> What is the Ubuntu Newsletter?
 118 
 119 [00:08] <cprofitt> I also have a pretty good relationship with Tyche and JohnC
 120 
 121 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting
 122 
 123 [00:09] <nhandler> and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter
 124 
 125 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> OK, let up proceed with it then
 126 
 127 [00:09] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter
 128 
 129 [00:09] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter
 130 
 131 [00:10] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting
 132 
 133 [00:10] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting
 134 
 135 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> [ACTION] Proceed with Team Reporting
 136 
 137 [00:10] <MootBot> ACTION received:  Proceed with Team Reporting
 138 
 139 [00:10] <jgoguen> what's the link to our team report?
 140 
 141 [00:10] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/TeamReport
 142 
 143 [00:10] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/TeamReport
 144 
 145 [00:10] <sdennie> Haha
 146 
 147 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> [IDEA] I think we need to include the Education FG on that as the Moodle site has the highest visibility right now
 148 
 149 [00:10] <MootBot> IDEA received:  I think we need to include the Education FG on that as the Moodle site has the highest visibility right now
 150 
 151 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> any other comments ?
 152 
 153 [00:11] <Rocket2DMn> thanks for making that nhandler , we'll add it to our linkbar at the top
 154 
 155 [00:11] <nhandler> I agree bodhi_zazen, all FGs should be included in the team report. They are part of the team after all
 156 
 157 [00:11] <nhandler> Thanks Rocket2DMn
 158 
 159 [00:11] <thewrath> agreed
 160 
 161 [00:11] <Rocket2DMn> [ACTION] Add https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/TeamReport to the BT wiki navbar
 162 
 163 [00:11] <sdennie> nhandler: Well, maybe not ALL groups...
 164 
 165 [00:11]  * nhandler notes only the chair can use [ACTION]
 166 
 167 [00:11] <Rocket2DMn> oh, thanks
 168 
 169 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> Some teams are inactive, I think only major FG
 170 
 171 [00:12] <Rocket2DMn> I think FGs should just post a subsection when appropriate
 172 
 173 [00:12] <thewrath> what teams would be included?
 174 
 175 [00:12] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: If the team has some important news, it should go there
 176 
 177 [00:12] <nhandler> That was what I was thinking RoAkSoAx
 178 
 179 [00:12] <nhandler> * Rocket2DMn
 180 
 181 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> I think Education, wiki, and "forums"
 182 
 183 [00:12] <bgs100> I have to go...
 184 
 185 [00:12] <bgs100> Wait, nevermind
 186 
 187 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> we can hammer out details over the next few weeks
 188 
 189 [00:13] <sdennie> bodhi_zazen: Yes, those seem to be the most visible and interesting groups
 190 
 191 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> shall we move on ?
 192 
 193 [00:13] <nhandler> Fine
 194 
 195 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] VOTING IN MEETINGS
 196 
 197 [00:13] <MootBot> New Topic:  VOTING IN MEETINGS
 198 
 199 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> he he he
 200 
 201 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> capslockfailure
 202 
 203 [00:13] <st33med> bodhi_zazen, lrn2pushcapslock
 204 
 205 [00:13] <nhandler> We used to use VoteBot to restrict voting to BT members. Now that we are in #ubuntu-meeting, that is no longer possible
 206 
 207 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> nhandler raises a good point
 208 
 209 [00:14] <Hellow> o/
 210 
 211 [00:14] <Rocket2DMn> I think we should still keep it to members voting, people can't private vote so it's easy to disregard votes from non-members.
 212 
 213 [00:14] <PartyBoi2> It should be kept to members only, imo
 214 
 215 [00:14] <jamesrfla> +1 I kind of brought it up...
 216 
 217 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> +1 Rocket2DMn
 218 
 219 [00:14] <st33med> Private Message Voting.
 220 
 221 [00:14] <cprofitt> we can ask to have VoteBot allowed.... in here.
 222 
 223 [00:14] <Vantrax> o/
 224 
 225 [00:14] <ds305> Stongly feel only members can vote. Accounting is something that can be done with penci/paper if necessary until automation returns.
 226 
 227 [00:14]  * zu22 concurs members-only
 228 
 229 [00:14] <Snova> cprofitt: Yes, but it works based on voice, I think.
 230 
 231 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> go Hellow and Vantrax
 232 
 233 [00:14]  * Bodsda agrees, members only
 234 
 235 [00:14] <nhandler> I could hard code some settings into VoteBot to make it look in #ubuntuforums-beginners to determine members
 236 
 237 [00:15] <st33med> We can set up VoteBot to accept votes via PM
 238 
 239 [00:15] <Vantrax> Voting should still be possible just by messaging votebot, even if its not in here
 240 
 241 [00:15] <nhandler> It already does st33med
 242 
 243 [00:15] <Rocket2DMn> st33med, votebot already does accept private votes
 244 
 245 [00:15] <Hellow> I was going to suggest voting by PM XD
 246 
 247 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> we can vote in #ubuntuforums-beginners
 248 
 249 [00:15] <cprofitt> +1 bodhi_zazen
 250 
 251 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> which would solve the "problem"
 252 
 253 [00:15] <cprofitt> was just typing that out
 254 
 255 [00:15] <st33med> +1
 256 
 257 [00:15] <nhandler> It sounds like the team still wants member voting
 258 
 259 [00:15] <Rocket2DMn> that is true bodhi_zazen , and we can just say the results here
 260 
 261 [00:15] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: I don't think it solves the problem
 262 
 263 [00:15] <PartyBoi2> +1 bodhi_zazen
 264 
 265 [00:15] <zu22> +1
 266 
 267 [00:15] <Joeb454> it creates a fix, definitely
 268 
 269 [00:15] <Joeb454> but not solve
 270 
 271 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> why not Joeb454 ?
 272 
 273 [00:15] <nhandler> I might be able to code something that would allow us to hold the vote in here, but use #ubuntuforum-beginners to determine members
 274 
 275 [00:15] <Rocket2DMn> I don't have a problem using MootBot though, it seems more responsive to me
 276 
 277 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> and who asked you ?
 278 
 279 [00:16] <Joeb454> it just seems a hassle
 280 
 281 [00:16] <Hellow> Perhaps we can have a dedicated vote bot with a database of members, and it allows only those people in the database to vote?
 282 
 283 [00:16] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: :|
 284 
 285 [00:16] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: Mootbot is open to all users
 286 
 287 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> :)
 288 
 289 [00:16] <jamesrfla> lol Rocket2DMn
 290 
 291 [00:16] <Rocket2DMn> nhandler, yeah, but we can see the votes
 292 
 293 [00:16] <sdennie> nhandler: I'm sure you could
 294 
 295 [00:16] <jamesrfla> we all know votebot has lag. Rocket2DMn brings up a good point
 296 
 297 [00:16] <cprofitt> how do other teams handle votes in this channel?
 298 
 299 [00:16] <Bodsda> nhandler: could you not have a list coded into votebot of voiced members in #ubntuforums-beginners then check each vote in here against that list?
 300 
 301 [00:16] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: But that means we need to manually count the votes and verify non-members did not vote
 302 
 303 [00:16] <Snova> I think that's mostly because it echos all your votes back.
 304 
 305 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> how about if we use #ubuntuforums-beginners for voting until we have a better solution
 306 
 307 [00:16] <st33med> I could potentially modify my bot to accept votes
 308 
 309 [00:17] <sdennie> Snova: It is
 310 
 311 [00:17] <Rocket2DMn> nhandler, if it came to that, i would support using VoteBot, but I don't see it being a problem
 312 
 313 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> alternate would be mootbot until there is a problem
 314 
 315 [00:17] <st33med> It's much faster and no lag
 316 
 317 [00:17] <nhandler> I should be able to get VoteBot working by the next meeting
 318 
 319 [00:17] <cprofitt> perhaps we should ask some of the other teams that use this channel
 320 
 321 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> st33med: NO MORE BOTS :)
 322 
 323 [00:17] <st33med> bodhi_zazen, no, I mean 'replace'
 324 
 325 [00:17] <nhandler> cprofitt: Other teams simply use MootBot since the meetings are open
 326 
 327 [00:17] <st33med> :)
 328 
 329 [00:17] <cprofitt> k
 330 
 331 [00:17] <Snova> st33med: Votebot itself is not laggy, it just has the annoying "feature" of echoing all your votes back.
 332 
 333 [00:17] <Joeb454> cprofitt: I think they get non-members to then vote -1 to get the count back to what it should be
 334 
 335 [00:17]  * Hellow echoes his prior suggestion
 336 
 337 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> Shall we vote ?
 338 
 339 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> +1 = use mootbot
 340 
 341 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> -1 = use votebot in #uf-b
 342 
 343 [00:18] <st33med> What happened to yea or nay?
 344 
 345 [00:18] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: HOW DO WE VOTE ;)
 346 
 347 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] Mootbot ?
 348 
 349 [00:18] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Mootbot ?.
 350 
 351 [00:18] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 352 
 353 [00:18] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 354 
 355 [00:18] <st33med> ;)
 356 
 357 [00:18] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 358 
 359 [00:18] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 360 
 361 [00:18] <sdennie> 0
 362 
 363 [00:18] <st33med> -1
 364 
 365 [00:18] <jamesrfla> -1
 366 
 367 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from st33med. 1 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 0
 368 
 369 [00:18] <PartyBoi2> -1
 370 
 371 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from jamesrfla. 1 for, 2 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -1
 372 
 373 [00:18] <Bodsda> where are we voting?
 374 
 375 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from PartyBoi2. 1 for, 3 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -2
 376 
 377 [00:18] <Vantrax> -1
 378 
 379 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from Vantrax. 1 for, 4 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -3
 380 
 381 [00:18] <Bodsda> oh here
 382 
 383 [00:18] <Joeb454> +1
 384 
 385 [00:18] <jgoguen> -1
 386 
 387 [00:18] <zu22> -1
 388 
 389 [00:18] <Bodsda> -1
 390 
 391 [00:18] <Hellow> -1
 392 
 393 [00:18] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 2 for, 4 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -2
 394 
 395 [00:18] <nhandler> -1
 396 
 397 [00:18] <duanedes1gn> _1
 398 
 399 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from jgoguen. 2 for, 5 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -3
 400 
 401 [00:18] <cprofitt> +0
 402 
 403 [00:18] <duanedes1gn> -1
 404 
 405 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from zu22. 2 for, 6 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -4
 406 
 407 [00:18] <Hellow> lol
 408 
 409 [00:18] <ds305> -1
 410 
 411 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from Bodsda. 2 for, 7 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -5
 412 
 413 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> 0
 414 
 415 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from Hellow. 2 for, 8 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -6
 416 
 417 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from nhandler. 2 for, 9 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -7
 418 
 419 [00:18] <MootBot> Abstention received from cprofitt. 2 for, 9 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -7
 420 
 421 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from duanedes1gn. 2 for, 10 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -8
 422 
 423 [00:18] <MootBot> -1 received from ds305. 2 for, 11 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -9
 424 
 425 [00:18] <Rocket2DMn> bodhi_zazen, you have to use a +
 426 
 427 [00:18] <st33med> lawl
 428 
 429 [00:19] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: you need a +
 430 
 431 [00:19] <Hellow> win
 432 
 433 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> +0
 434 
 435 [00:19] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhi_zazen. 2 for, 11 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -9
 436 
 437 [00:19] <sdennie> +0
 438 
 439 [00:19] <MootBot> Abstention received from sdennie. 2 for, 11 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -9
 440 
 441 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE]
 442 
 443 [00:19] <MootBot> bodhi_zazen, Either there isn't a meeting in progress, or there is already an active vote.
 444 
 445 [00:19] <st33med> :\
 446 
 447 [00:19] <bgs100> +0
 448 
 449 [00:19] <jamesrfla> ?
 450 
 451 [00:19] <MootBot> Abstention received from bgs100. 2 for, 11 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now -9
 452 
 453 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> LOL
 454 
 455 [00:19] <Snova> MootBot is echoing things as well... but it's not lagging nearly as bad...
 456 
 457 [00:19] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: [ENDVOTE]
 458 
 459 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 460 
 461 [00:19] <MootBot> Final result is 2 for, 11 against. 4 abstained. Total: -9
 462 
 463 [00:19] <nhandler> Snova: VoteBot needs threading
 464 
 465 [00:19] <Rocket2DMn> lol, I got rocked
 466 
 467 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> OK Votebot for now then >:)
 468 
 469 [00:20] <zu22> votebot ftw!
 470 
 471 [00:20] <st33med> bodhi_zazen, I am saying that I want to replace VoteBot with my codebase
 472 
 473 [00:20]  * bodhi_zazen likes mootbot, can we do that again ?
 474 
 475 [00:20] <jamesrfla> go lagy votebot
 476 
 477 [00:20] <nhandler> At one point, ibuclaw was playing around with adding threading support
 478 
 479 [00:20] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: the total still would've been -8
 480 
 481 [00:20] <sdennie> I think Votebot just needs it's throttling turned off.
 482 
 483 [00:20] <ds305> bodhi_zazen: Mootbot couldn't even rig it's own election!
 484 
 485 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] IRC Policies
 486 
 487 [00:20] <MootBot> New Topic:  IRC Policies
 488 
 489 [00:20] <st33med> It's multithreaded and can handle a lot of messages at once
 490 
 491 [00:21] <thewrath>  I guess it is my turn
 492 
 493 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> thewrath: you here :)
 494 
 495 [00:21] <thewrath> yes sir
 496 
 497 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> go :)
 498 
 499 [00:21] <thewrath> Over the past week I have seen and heard issues in the bt channel. Last night was the end of the line. I believe many of us where in the room. I read about it. I wanted to remind everyone that we are an official ubuntu channel
 500 
 501 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> I too see bad behavior on the channel
 502 
 503 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> we have discussed this b4
 504 
 505 [00:22] <thewrath> I also propose some kind of reprocution if a member is foudn to do this
 506 
 507 [00:22] <Rocket2DMn> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/IRC
 508 
 509 [00:22] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/IRC
 510 
 511 [00:22] <thewrath> bodhi_zazen: i bring it up after last nights incidents
 512 
 513 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> complaints to mailing list with SHORT logs please
 514 
 515 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> to be handled by council
 516 
 517 [00:22] <Bodsda> o/
 518 
 519 [00:22] <Joeb454> o/
 520 
 521 [00:22] <ibuclaw> at some point, I may merge/edit and push my branch, but the current codebase nhandler has is huge.
 522 
 523 [00:22] <st33med> \\o
 524 
 525 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> Bodsda:
 526 
 527 [00:22] <Bodsda> is the mailing list really the best place to discuss a bt members bad behaviour, should it not be private?
 528 
 529 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> I would like to remind everyone to behave
 530 
 531 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> Not if it occurs in the main channel Bodsda
 532 
 533 [00:23] <zu22> o/
 534 
 535 [00:23] <nhandler> Bodsda: Depending on the nature, either send it to the BT Council mailing list or post it in ##beginners-council
 536 
 537 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> the council will discuss it in private
 538 
 539 [00:23] <Bodsda> nhandler: and if it is a problem with a council member?
 540 
 541 [00:23] <Vantrax> Bodsda: then to Bodhi directly
 542 
 543 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> Well if a council member acts out I will kick ass :)
 544 
 545 [00:24] <Bodsda> fair play -- cheers for the clarification
 546 
 547 [00:24] <sdennie> Bodsda: Burn them!
 548 
 549 [00:24] <Hellow> lol
 550 
 551 [00:24] <jamesrfla> +1 bodhi_zazen
 552 
 553 [00:24] <st33med> :D
 554 
 555 [00:24]  * nhandler hopes it does not come to that
 556 
 557 [00:24] <Hellow> BANHAMMER
 558 
 559 [00:24] <Bodsda> +1 nhandler
 560 
 561 [00:24] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: I would say that in general, the council wouldn't discuss behaviour via the mailing list, rather via the IRC channel
 562 
 563 [00:24] <Joeb454> sorry, I have epic lag
 564 
 565 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> +1 Joeb454
 566 
 567 [00:24] <zu22> o/
 568 
 569 [00:24] <thewrath> o/
 570 
 571 [00:24] <st33med> What happened to beginner's council?
 572 
 573 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> complaints via mailing list, discussion in private
 574 
 575 [00:24] <Rocket2DMn> bodhi_zazen, should I update the BT/IRC page to include info about contacting the council?
 576 
 577 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> we banned you st33med
 578 
 579 [00:24] <st33med> D:
 580 
 581 [00:25] <Joeb454> Rocket2DMn: I think so
 582 
 583 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> sure
 584 
 585 [00:25] <Rocket2DMn> that is to say, i would update with info about what to do with complains or problems
 586 
 587 [00:25] <nhandler> Rocket2DMn: Maybe a separate Council wiki page would be best
 588 
 589 [00:25] <cprofitt> 0/
 590 
 591 [00:25] <Joeb454> also, thewrath in regards to IRC behaviour, I have updated VoteBot's !ops factoid to display the correct list of ops (it's quite large)
 592 
 593 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> [ACTION]Complaints to bt mailing list, discussion in private
 594 
 595 [00:25] <MootBot> ACTION received: Complaints to bt mailing list, discussion in private
 596 
 597 [00:25] <zu22> o/
 598 
 599 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> go zul
 600 
 601 [00:25] <thewrath> +1 Joeb454
 602 
 603 [00:25] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: BT Council mailing list, not BT list
 604 
 605 [00:25] <zu22> the ip of someone who was in #uf-bt scanned my machine for open ports, should i have reported this to anyone? it wasn't a BT member
 606 
 607 [00:26] <cprofitt> I would also like to recommend using +m to calm things down if it is non-voiced folks acting up
 608 
 609 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> zu22: lol
 610 
 611 [00:26] <Hellow> D:
 612 
 613 [00:26] <bgs100> cprofitt, but that even silences those who (don't have voice and) were not acting up
 614 
 615 [00:26] <sdennie> cprofitt: I like that idea
 616 
 617 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> zu22: Well, we really do not have jurisdiction on that kind of thing
 618 
 619 [00:27] <jamesrfla> zu22: that happened to me and it was a Ubuntu forum beginners team member
 620 
 621 [00:27] <thewrath> o/
 622 
 623 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> If you feel harassed, mailing list or e mail me
 624 
 625 [00:27] <cprofitt> bgs100, you are correct... but people evading bans find it not fun when they have no voice
 626 
 627 [00:27] <zu22> bodhi_zazen: oh ok, just wonder what steps i should take
 628 
 629 [00:27] <zu22> jamesrfla: ah i see
 630 
 631 [00:27] <Joeb454> bgs100: we could temporarily voice the members that need to be if it comes to that
 632 
 633 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> +1 johnc4510
 634 
 635 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> lol
 636 
 637 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> servers johnc4510 for hanging here
 638 
 639 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> +1 Joeb454
 640 
 641 [00:27] <bgs100> 1+ Joeb454
 642 
 643 [00:27] <Vantrax> epic tab fail in this channel
 644 
 645 [00:28] <zu22>  /msg hellow +1
 646 
 647 [00:28] <zu22> oops
 648 
 649 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> thewrath: just  speak so long as it is on topic
 650 
 651 [00:28] <Bodsda> fail
 652 
 653 [00:28] <thewrath> okay bodhi_zazen
 654 
 655 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> any further comments on irc behavior ?
 656 
 657 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> I am *trying* to keep the channel a sfriendly and relaxed as possible
 658 
 659 [00:29] <sdennie> I have a comment
 660 
 661 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> do what you want so long as we do not receive complaints :)
 662 
 663 [00:29] <duanedes1gn> bodhi_zazen: +1
 664 
 665 [00:29] <jamesrfla> o/
 666 
 667 [00:29] <Bodsda> o/
 668 
 669 [00:29] <thewrath> +1 bodhi_zazen
 670 
 671 [00:29] <Rocket2DMn> within the CoC of course
 672 
 673 [00:30] <duanedes1gn> Rocket2DMn:  absoloutely
 674 
 675 [00:30] <sdennie> I think we should be open but not crazy in our censorship.
 676 
 677 [00:30] <Vantrax> and all BT members should have signed the CoC
 678 
 679 [00:30] <Bodsda> REMINDER: Bad/Vulgar language is not 'really' appropriate
 680 
 681 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> Off topic comments -> table until agenda items are covered
 682 
 683 [00:30] <jamesrfla> bodhi_zazen: maybe we should create like a ubuntu forums beginners team club channel were the team can hang out and not have to worry about this problem
 684 
 685 [00:30] <cprofitt> I would think ghetto language also does not fit
 686 
 687 [00:30] <paultag> jamesrfla, -1
 688 
 689 [00:30] <Bodsda> jamesrfla: create yet another room?
 690 
 691 [00:30] <Hellow> oh god
 692 
 693 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> -1 we have too many channels already
 694 
 695 [00:30] <paultag> jamesrfla, bad behavior is not tolerated anywhere
 696 
 697 [00:30] <jamesrfla> just a idea
 698 
 699 [00:31] <Hellow> -1
 700 
 701 [00:31] <paultag> Sorry I am late
 702 
 703 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> additional comments :)
 704 
 705 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> and +1 sdennie
 706 
 707 [00:31] <johnc4510> bodhi_zazen: did you need me?
 708 
 709 [00:31] <cprofitt> having mock fights and other foolishness is not good either
 710 
 711 [00:31] <johnc4510> saw you mentioned me
 712 
 713 [00:31] <johnc4510> with a +1
 714 
 715 [00:31] <nhandler> Nope johnc4510, tab failure
 716 
 717 [00:31] <sdennie> cprofitt: Agreed
 718 
 719 [00:31] <johnc4510> ah
 720 
 721 [00:31] <cprofitt> it was tab failure johnc4510
 722 
 723 [00:31] <paultag> o/
 724 
 725 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> no johnc4510 , tab failure, sorry
 726 
 727 [00:31] <johnc4510> cool
 728 
 729 [00:31] <Hellow> Basically, be mature and respectful and we will have no problems
 730 
 731 [00:31] <johnc4510> thought i was being volunteered hee hee
 732 
 733 [00:31] <cprofitt> hello by the way johnc4510
 734 
 735 [00:31] <johnc4510> later
 736 
 737 [00:32] <Bodsda> bye
 738 
 739 [00:32] <paultag> o/
 740 
 741 [00:32] <johnc4510> cprofitt: hey
 742 
 743 [00:32] <bodhi_zazen> paultag: just go ahead so long as it is on topic
 744 
 745 [00:32] <cprofitt> one other thought -- if a Jedi Knight goes OP
 746 
 747 [00:32] <paultag> I think we need to moderate a little more tightly in the chan. We are having a lot of issues lately. I know Rocket2DMn will hate me for this, but I think we need to give IRC FG a bit more leway with moderation.
 748 
 749 [00:32] <cprofitt> everyone should reflect on their behavior and calm down
 750 
 751 [00:32] <cprofitt> none of us like taking out the kick/ban stick
 752 
 753 [00:32] <bodhi_zazen> yes paultag
 754 
 755 [00:32] <paultag> It is out of hand
 756 
 757 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> report issues on mailing list please
 758 
 759 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> and I agree, especially at "off hours"
 760 
 761 [00:33] <thewrath> o/
 762 
 763 [00:33] <jamesrfla> I haven't seen any of this behavoir but if I do see it should I just bring it up with the cousil?
 764 
 765 [00:33] <paultag> on that note I need to go :P
 766 
 767 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> mailing list james
 768 
 769 [00:33] <Hellow> bye paultag
 770 
 771 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> OK, focus groups ?
 772 
 773 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> then elections
 774 
 775 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Education FG
 776 
 777 [00:34] <MootBot> New Topic:  Education FG
 778 
 779 [00:34] <zu22> o/
 780 
 781 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> cprofitt: :)
 782 
 783 [00:34] <cprofitt> ?
 784 
 785 [00:34] <cprofitt> this was on the agenda?
 786 
 787 [00:34] <jamesrfla> ?
 788 
 789 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> anything on educatino ?
 790 
 791 [00:34] <Hellow> ..it was?
 792 
 793 [00:34]  * cprofitt looks for notes
 794 
 795 [00:34] <Vantrax> who put it there?
 796 
 797 [00:34]  * jamesrfla didn't see it in agenda 
 798 
 799 [00:35]  * Hellow looks
 800 
 801 [00:35] <Vantrax> not there:P
 802 
 803 [00:35] <Bodsda> cprofitt: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings#FG%20Leader%20Nominations
 804 
 805 [00:35] <PartyBoi2> it's not there lol
 806 
 807 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> if you have an on topic comment, feel free, otherwise hold to end of meetign
 808 
 809 [00:35] <zu22> My idea for Education FG is to print BT bumber stickers and t-shirts and sell them. And the profits go into a fund we use to advertize Ubuntu.
 810 
 811 [00:35] <st33med> ... That's not educational
 812 
 813 [00:35] <Bodsda> zu22: read the post above yours
 814 
 815 [00:35] <Bodsda> :)
 816 
 817 [00:35] <zu22> Bodsda: ok
 818 
 819 [00:35] <Bodsda> nice idea though
 820 
 821 [00:35] <cprofitt> Um... the education team is involved in a project...
 822 
 823 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> OK, as I am sure everyone knows, I (we) are in process of throwing up a moodle site
 824 
 825 [00:36] <cprofitt> the project is called the Ubuntu Community Learning Project
 826 
 827 [00:36] <st33med> Ooooh
 828 
 829 [00:36] <bgs100> moodle?
 830 
 831 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> we have broad and ever growing support :)
 832 
 833 [00:36] <bgs100> What's that?
 834 
 835 [00:36] <cprofitt> it involves using Moodle to tie together existing content
 836 
 837 [00:36] <cprofitt> to make courses
 838 
 839 [00:36] <cprofitt> We gave a session during open week
 840 
 841 [00:37] <cprofitt> and are preparing to present the idea to the CC
 842 
 843 [00:37] <cprofitt> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning
 844 
 845 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-learning
 846 
 847 [00:37] <cprofitt> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning
 848 
 849 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-learning
 850 
 851 [00:37] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning
 852 
 853 [00:37] <MootBot> LINK received: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-learning
 854 
 855 [00:37] <nhandler> [LINK] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-learning
 856 
 857 [00:37] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-learning
 858 
 859 [00:37] <nhandler> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning
 860 
 861 [00:37] <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning
 862 
 863 [00:38] <cprofitt> I think that is about all... Vantrax anything to add?
 864 
 865 [00:38] <sdennie> That's a lot of links
 866 
 867 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> We will likely present to the CC on June 2nd - so I will of course be demanding your presence and suport :)
 868 
 869 [00:38] <Vantrax> not really, ill make a point of looking at the items on the bottom of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning
 870 
 871 [00:38] <cprofitt> I would like to thank bodhi_zazen Vantrax and pleia2 for their efforts...
 872 
 873 [00:38] <Vantrax> were looking for everyone to contribute on what they want covered.
 874 
 875 [00:38] <thewrath> o/
 876 
 877 [00:39] <ibuclaw> Vantrax, awesome ;)
 878 
 879 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> I purchased a server and colocation, am open to contributions / assistance with sys admin, etc
 880 
 881 [00:39] <cprofitt> go ahead thewrath
 882 
 883 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> I will likely offer VPS to BT members as I posted on our MAILING LIST
 884 
 885 [00:39] <cprofitt> yeah bodhi_zazen is putting REAL money in to this endeavor
 886 
 887 [00:39] <cprofitt> he deserves major mojo and thanks
 888 
 889 [00:39] <st33med> Not e-money?
 890 
 891 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> no, no, no, please no :)
 892 
 893 [00:39] <Bodsda> monopoly-cash?
 894 
 895 [00:40] <st33med> Canadian money?
 896 
 897 [00:40] <st33med> Euros?
 898 
 899 [00:40] <jgoguen> st33med: hey! :P
 900 
 901 [00:40] <st33med> :P
 902 
 903 [00:40] <thewrath> i will contribute the tutorials i have made into courses for that just an fyi i guess
 904 
 905 [00:40] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Wiki team ?
 906 
 907 [00:40] <MootBot> New Topic:  Wiki team ?
 908 
 909 [00:40] <Rocket2DMn> yeah hey
 910 
 911 [00:40] <bodhi_zazen> Rocket2DMn: you are up
 912 
 913 [00:40] <Rocket2DMn> the Wiki FG will be holding a meeting immediately following this team meeting.
 914 
 915 [00:41] <Rocket2DMn> I was planning on having it in the team channel, but if that is too busy, we could go to #ubuntu-doc
 916 
 917 [00:41] <bgs100> g2g
 918 
 919 [00:41] <bgs100> storm
 920 
 921 [00:41] <Rocket2DMn> All Wiki FG members should be in that channel anyway
 922 
 923 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> Sweet :)
 924 
 925 [00:41] <Rocket2DMn> anybody else interested in contributing to documentation should talk to me
 926 
 927 [00:41] <bgs100> nvm
 928 
 929 [00:41] <Rocket2DMn> that is all
 930 
 931 [00:41] <bodhi_zazen> Wiki of course feeds into community learning
 932 
 933 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> and work on forums as well
 934 
 935 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> I even contributed to the wiki , so please assist if you have an interest in documentation
 936 
 937 [00:42] <Rocket2DMn> ill be calling on you to help with wiki later bodhi_zazen  :) there are pages that could use your expertise
 938 
 939 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> Any other FG want to report in ?
 940 
 941 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> OK Rocket2DMn :)
 942 
 943 [00:43] <nhandler> LP is fine
 944 
 945 [00:43] <st33med> Where are these stickers coming in?
 946 
 947 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> if there are no other FG to report in -- Elections ?
 948 
 949 [00:43]  * cprofitt nods to elections
 950 
 951 [00:43] <Joeb454> sounds good
 952 
 953 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> To be honest , we have exactly what we need on the wiki page , no ?
 954 
 955 [00:44] <st33med> I elect Joeb454 to be Vice Buddhist
 956 
 957 [00:44]  * Joeb454 will not be standing again for IRC, I didn't even notice my name up there
 958 
 959 [00:44] <Rocket2DMn> we have 15 minutes left guys
 960 
 961 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> shall we just vote to accept all members en mass ?
 962 
 963 [00:44] <Vantrax> lol
 964 
 965 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> or do you want to vote on each ?
 966 
 967 [00:44] <Vantrax> who do we have?
 968 
 969 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
 970 
 971 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> scroll down a bit
 972 
 973 [00:45] <cprofitt> I think we need to vote on each and have the nominees agree that they are willing to serve
 974 
 975 [00:45] <nhandler> We have a US Teams meeting in here after us, so we need to be done on time
 976 
 977 [00:45] <Rocket2DMn> we only have 2, lets just do them individually
 978 
 979 [00:45] <duanedes1gn> Ash_R is not here?
 980 
 981 [00:45] <cprofitt> as noted Joeb454 just said he would not be
 982 
 983 [00:45]  * sdennie is glad to not be the leader of a FG.  (Or is he?!)
 984 
 985 [00:45] <Bodsda> duanedes1gn: no, he is working
 986 
 987 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> Rocket2DMn: we have 9
 988 
 989 [00:45] <Rocket2DMn> oh youre talking about FGs bodhi_zazen ?
 990 
 991 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Vote on FG Leads
 992 
 993 [00:45] <MootBot> New Topic:  Vote on FG Leads
 994 
 995 [00:45] <Vantrax> oh
 996 
 997 [00:45] <Rocket2DMn> oh ok, are there even any competitors?
 998 
 999 [00:45] <bodhi_zazen> sorry , me bad
1000 
1001 [00:46] <Vantrax> im assuming everyone is planning on staying?
1002 
1003 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> no, these have left their competition behind
1004 
1005 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> lol
1006 
1007 [00:46] <cprofitt> Vantrax, Joeb454 expressed not wanting too
1008 
1009 [00:46]  * nhandler would be glad to have someone replace him
1010 
1011 [00:46] <nhandler> (or volunteer to co-lead)
1012 
1013 [00:46] <Joeb454> I would postpone it until the next meeting, so we can have time to discuss it porperly
1014 
1015 [00:46] <Vantrax> anyone up for replacing either of them, or co lead
1016 
1017 [00:46] <jamesrfla> replace who?
1018 
1019 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] Accept all 9 nominations for FG leads
1020 
1021 [00:46] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Accept all 9 nominations for FG leads.
1022 
1023 [00:46] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
1024 
1025 [00:46] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
1026 
1027 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> +1
1028 
1029 [00:46] <st33med> Joeb454, we already postponed it once :)
1030 
1031 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
1032 
1033 [00:47] <nhandler> +0
1034 
1035 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 1
1036 
1037 [00:47] <Rocket2DMn> +1
1038 
1039 [00:47] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 2
1040 
1041 [00:47] <PartyBoi2> +0
1042 
1043 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from PartyBoi2. 2 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 2
1044 
1045 [00:47] <swoody_> +1
1046 
1047 [00:47] <jamesrfla> +1 I guess
1048 
1049 [00:47] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody_. 3 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 3
1050 
1051 [00:47] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 4 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 4
1052 
1053 [00:47] <Vantrax> +0
1054 
1055 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from Vantrax. 4 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 4
1056 
1057 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> Joeb454: we have been discussing it for some time :)
1058 
1059 [00:47] <bgs100> +0
1060 
1061 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from bgs100. 4 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 4
1062 
1063 [00:47] <Bodsda> +0
1064 
1065 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from Bodsda. 4 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 4
1066 
1067 [00:47] <sdennie> +0
1068 
1069 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from sdennie. 4 for, 0 against. 6 have abstained. Count is now 4
1070 
1071 [00:47] <st33med> +0
1072 
1073 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from st33med. 4 for, 0 against. 7 have abstained. Count is now 4
1074 
1075 [00:47] <ds305> +2
1076 
1077 [00:47] <duanedes1gn> +0
1078 
1079 [00:47] <Joeb454> nhandler: replace who?
1080 
1081 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from duanedes1gn. 4 for, 0 against. 8 have abstained. Count is now 4
1082 
1083 [00:47] <Hellow> +0
1084 
1085 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from Hellow. 4 for, 0 against. 9 have abstained. Count is now 4
1086 
1087 [00:47] <ds305> +1
1088 
1089 [00:47] <MootBot> +1 received from ds305. 5 for, 0 against. 9 have abstained. Count is now 5
1090 
1091 [00:47] <cprofitt> +0
1092 
1093 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from cprofitt. 5 for, 0 against. 10 have abstained. Count is now 5
1094 
1095 [00:47] <Joeb454> -1
1096 
1097 [00:47] <MootBot> -1 received from Joeb454. 5 for, 1 against. 10 have abstained. Count is now 4
1098 
1099 [00:47] <zu22> +0
1100 
1101 [00:47] <MootBot> Abstention received from zu22. 5 for, 1 against. 11 have abstained. Count is now 4
1102 
1103 [00:47] <nhandler> Joeb454: I think he was talking about you and me
1104 
1105 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
1106 
1107 [00:47] <MootBot> Final result is 5 for, 1 against. 11 abstained. Total: 4
1108 
1109 [00:47] <sdennie> I think the FG leads should be a separate meeting
1110 
1111 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> 11 Abstained , lol
1112 
1113 [00:48] <Vantrax> i agree sdennie
1114 
1115 [00:48] <cprofitt> I think we need to have a sep. meeting with time to discuss
1116 
1117 [00:48] <swoody_> sdennie +1
1118 
1119 [00:48] <PartyBoi2> +1 sdennie
1120 
1121 [00:48] <Joeb454> nhandler: I wouldn't mind somebody replacing me
1122 
1123 [00:48] <cprofitt> I think the 11 abstained count indicated that
1124 
1125 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> OK, FG leads next meeting then
1126 
1127 [00:48] <nhandler> New members?
1128 
1129 [00:48] <Rocket2DMn> ok, lets do our two padawans
1130 
1131 [00:48] <cprofitt> we should ask everyone nominated to remove their names if they are not interested
1132 
1133 [00:48] <Bodsda> thewrath is the only one
1134 
1135 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> Wait - BUT I really do not want to put FG leads off beyond that
1136 
1137 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> we have been discussing FG leads for some time now
1138 
1139 [00:49] <nhandler> bodhi_zazen: We only decided to hold an election at the last BT Council meeting
1140 
1141 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC]New Members
1142 
1143 [00:49] <MootBot> New Topic: New Members
1144 
1145 [00:49] <cprofitt> bodhi_zazen, we could take the FG vote to our channel immediately after this
1146 
1147 [00:49] <cprofitt> so we have time
1148 
1149 [00:49] <Hellow> 10 mins
1150 
1151 [00:49] <Vantrax> cprofitt: +1
1152 
1153 [00:49] <sdennie> bodhi_zazen: I almost think it's a big enough subject that it should have it's own meeting.
1154 
1155 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> thewrath:
1156 
1157 [00:49] <bodhi_zazen> you are up :)
1158 
1159 [00:50] <Rocket2DMn> thewrath, can you tell us your wiki page?
1160 
1161 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> sdennie: I am OK with that so long as :
1162 
1163 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> 1. People show up
1164 
1165 [00:50] <nhandler> +1 sdennie
1166 
1167 [00:50] <thewrath> ok hold on
1168 
1169 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> 2. We make progess
1170 
1171 [00:50] <thewrath> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/thewrath
1172 
1173 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> comments from nhandler ?
1174 
1175 [00:51] <nhandler> I would just like to say that thewrath has really done a great job of interacting with the team in the month or so that he has been around
1176 
1177 [00:51] <nhandler> I think he would make a great addition
1178 
1179 [00:51] <bodhi_zazen> ufw has a gui interface thewrath = gufw
1180 
1181 [00:51] <thewrath> yes that is on my next plate to do tutorial for
1182 
1183 [00:51] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] thewrath for membership
1184 
1185 [00:51] <MootBot> Please vote on:  thewrath for membership.
1186 
1187 [00:51] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
1188 
1189 [00:51] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
1190 
1191 [00:51] <cprofitt> +1
1192 
1193 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from cprofitt. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
1194 
1195 [00:51] <sdennie> +1
1196 
1197 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from sdennie. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
1198 
1199 [00:51] <nhandler> +1
1200 
1201 [00:51] <bodhi_zazen> +1
1202 
1203 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from nhandler. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
1204 
1205 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
1206 
1207 [00:51] <swoody_> +1
1208 
1209 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody_. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
1210 
1211 [00:51] <Bodsda> +1
1212 
1213 [00:51] <bgs100> +1
1214 
1215 [00:51] <ds305> +1
1216 
1217 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from Bodsda. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
1218 
1219 [00:51] <Rocket2DMn> +1
1220 
1221 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from bgs100. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
1222 
1223 [00:51] <jamesrfla> +1
1224 
1225 [00:51] <Hellow> +1
1226 
1227 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from ds305. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
1228 
1229 [00:51] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 9 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 9
1230 
1231 [00:51] <jgoguen> +1
1232 
1233 [00:52] <zu22> +1
1234 
1235 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 10 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 10
1236 
1237 [00:52] <PartyBoi2> +1
1238 
1239 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from Hellow. 11 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 11
1240 
1241 [00:52] <duanedes1gn> +1
1242 
1243 [00:52] <Vantrax> +1
1244 
1245 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 12 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 12
1246 
1247 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from zu22. 13 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 13
1248 
1249 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from PartyBoi2. 14 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 14
1250 
1251 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedes1gn. 15 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 15
1252 
1253 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from Vantrax. 16 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 16
1254 
1255 [00:52] <zu22> +1
1256 
1257 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
1258 
1259 [00:52] <MootBot> Final result is 16 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 16
1260 
1261 [00:52] <Vantrax> lol zu22 dont vote twice:P
1262 
1263 [00:52] <bgs100> Wow
1264 
1265 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> Welcome thewrath
1266 
1267 [00:52] <duanedes1gn> wow
1268 
1269 [00:52] <zu22> lol sorry my session is lagging bad
1270 
1271 [00:52] <Bodsda> Congrats thewrath
1272 
1273 [00:52] <jamesrfla> Welcome thewrath
1274 
1275 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> OK, last member
1276 
1277 [00:52] <bgs100> That was unanimous
1278 
1279 [00:52] <Hellow> lol
1280 
1281 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> Ash R
1282 
1283 [00:52] <Bodsda> bodhi_zazen: he is not here
1284 
1285 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> neither of them could make it
1286 
1287 [00:53] <Hellow> bodhi_zazen: What is his IRC nick?
1288 
1289 [00:53] <Vantrax> we can vote with them absent
1290 
1291 [00:53] <nhandler> thewrath: Be sure to send me your LP nick
1292 
1293 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> both spoke to me b4 the meeting
1294 
1295 [00:53] <thewrath> okay nhandler
1296 
1297 [00:53] <duanedes1gn> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ash%20R
1298 
1299 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> Anyone wish to speak on AshR ?
1300 
1301 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> Thank you duanedes1gn
1302 
1303 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> IMO AshR has been awesome :)
1304 
1305 [00:54] <Hellow> I barely know AshR
1306 
1307 [00:54] <cprofitt> +1 bodhi_zazen
1308 
1309 [00:54] <swoody_> bodhi_zazen +1
1310 
1311 [00:54] <Bodsda> I like the guy/girl -- +1
1312 
1313 [00:54] <ibuclaw> he's British, so he gets my vote :P
1314 
1315 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] AshR for membership
1316 
1317 [00:54] <MootBot> Please vote on:  AshR for membership.
1318 
1319 [00:54] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
1320 
1321 [00:54] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
1322 
1323 [00:54] <Vantrax> I havent really see ashr, seems nice tho
1324 
1325 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> +1
1326 
1327 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
1328 
1329 [00:54] <nhandler> +0
1330 
1331 [00:54] <PartyBoi2> +1
1332 
1333 [00:54] <cprofitt> +1
1334 
1335 [00:54] <MootBot> Abstention received from nhandler. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 1
1336 
1337 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from PartyBoi2. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 2
1338 
1339 [00:54] <Snova> +1
1340 
1341 [00:54] <ibuclaw> +1
1342 
1343 [00:54] <Hellow> +0
1344 
1345 [00:54] <Bodsda> +1
1346 
1347 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from cprofitt. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
1348 
1349 [00:54] <swoody_> +1
1350 
1351 [00:54] <Rocket2DMn> +1
1352 
1353 [00:54] <jamesrfla> +1
1354 
1355 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from Snova. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
1356 
1357 [00:54] <tim_sharitt> +1
1358 
1359 [00:54] <ds305> +1
1360 
1361 [00:54] <Vantrax> +0
1362 
1363 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from ibuclaw. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
1364 
1365 [00:54] <MootBot> Abstention received from Hellow. 5 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 5
1366 
1367 [00:54] <jgoguen> +1
1368 
1369 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from Bodsda. 6 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 6
1370 
1371 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody_. 7 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 7
1372 
1373 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 8 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 8
1374 
1375 [00:54] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 9 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 9
1376 
1377 [00:55] <jamesrfla> Lag
1378 
1379 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from tim_sharitt. 10 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 10
1380 
1381 [00:55] <duanedes1gn> +0
1382 
1383 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from ds305. 11 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 11
1384 
1385 [00:55] <MootBot> Abstention received from Vantrax. 11 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 11
1386 
1387 [00:55] <Joeb454> WOW - 45s lag - I missed the entire vote
1388 
1389 [00:55] <MootBot> +1 received from jgoguen. 12 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 12
1390 
1391 [00:55] <MootBot> Abstention received from duanedes1gn. 12 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 12
1392 
1393 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
1394 
1395 [00:55] <MootBot> Final result is 12 for, 0 against. 4 abstained. Total: 12
1396 
1397 [00:55] <zu22> +0
1398 
1399 [00:55] <zu22> doh
1400 
1401 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> We have 5 minutes
1402 
1403 [00:55] <jgoguen> lol
1404 
1405 [00:55] <bgs100> zu22, Fail
1406 
1407 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> Other issues ?
1408 
1409 [00:55] <zu22> bgs100: heh
1410 
1411 [00:55]  * Bodsda thinks we should have a team song
1412 
1413 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> Next meeting, 2 weeks
1414 
1415 [00:56] <swoody_> Bodsda +1
1416 
1417 [00:56] <cprofitt> shall we move the FG lead vote to our channel or table til next meeting?
1418 
1419 [00:56] <Vantrax> bodhi_zazen: FG Lead in channel after?
1420 
1421 [00:56] <nhandler> Sounds good bodhi_zazen. I'll update the calendars
1422 
1423 [00:56] <bgs100> Bodsda, ROFL
1424 
1425 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> Agenda next meeting - FG leads ?
1426 
1427 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> I do not think we should have an ad-hoc meeting on FG leads now
1428 
1429 [00:56] <nhandler> +1 bodhi_zazen
1430 
1431 [00:56] <Vantrax> everyone is here
1432 
1433 [00:56] <cprofitt> ok... then table it until next time... that is fine with me...
1434 
1435 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> The wiki FG is meeting
1436 
1437 [00:57] <Vantrax> ahh
1438 
1439 [00:57] <Bodsda> right, im off to bed guys -- almost 1am here -- im +1 for listed fg leads and +0 for any changes
1440 
1441 [00:57] <Vantrax> good point
1442 
1443 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> and as people feel there was not enough discussion we need to set a time
1444 
1445 [00:57] <zu22> gtg cya
1446 
1447 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> People are leaving after this meeting
1448 
1449 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> see ^^
1450 
1451 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> so, it is not "fair" to proceed IMO
1452 
1453 [00:57] <Bodsda> guess i can stay for a sec
1454 
1455 [00:58] <Rocket2DMn> we're basically out of time
1456 
1457 [00:58] <jamesrfla> bodhi_zazen: might as well just end the meeting
1458 
1459 [00:58] <bodhi_zazen> Other issues ?
1460 
1461 [00:58] <nhandler> Nope
1462 
1463 [00:58]  * Bodsda still thinks we need a song
1464 
1465 [00:58] <bgs100> Is the meeting officially over?
1466 
1467 [00:58] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDMEETING]
1468 


CategoryBeginnersTeam

BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20090505 (last edited 2009-07-01 18:51:03 by nhandler)