20090922

General Agenda Items and Proposals

PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.

This means:

  1. If there is an issue for the team, add it to the agenda.
  2. Agenda items then should be discussed "informally" on #ubuntufourms-beginners. 90 % of the discussion should have taken place before the meeting.
  3. Meetings are primarily for decision making/team votes. Read the agenda and discuss your thoughts before the meeting. 10 % (or less) of the discussion should happen during the meeting.
  4. Agenda items that require more then 5 minutes of discussion may need to be deferred.

Who

What

Silver_Fox

Change main meeting time by 2 hours

Agenda discussion

Change main meeting time by 2 hours

Further from recent talks regarding Eurasian meetings Joeb454, Bodhi Zazen and myself believe that a compromise can be made and have the main meeting time set back by approximately 2 hours.

We have arrived at the 2 hour figure by examining closely Nhandlers doodle poll [1]. From the poll it has become evident that the majority of the Eurasians could attend the meeting if it were set slightly earlier. We feel that it is not sensible for a second meeting to occur only 2 hours earlier than the main meeting. Doing so would alleviate the organization problems that this would cause.

[1] http://www.doodle.com/vhr727fq8wkvkyai

Log

   1 [00:02] <bodhi_zazen> #startmeeting
   2 [00:02] <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:02. The chair is bodhi_zazen.
   3 [00:02] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
   4 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> Not a lot on the agenda =)
   5 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> Silver_Fox is not here
   6 [00:03] <Joeb454> I'll take that one up :)
   7 [00:03] <paultag> 'lo all
   8 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Meeting time
   9 [00:03] <MootBot> New Topic:  Meeting time
  10 [00:03] <bodhi_zazen> OK Joeb454 , thanks
  11 [00:04] <Joeb454> it's not like I'll be put on the spot or anything....right?
  12 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> Joeb454: do you want to discuss this now ?
  13 [00:05] <Joeb454> do we have anything else to discuss?
  14 [00:05]  * jamesrfla raises hand
  15 [00:05] <Joeb454> if so do 1 first so I can read up on the subjet
  16 [00:05] <bodhi_zazen> yes
  17 [00:06] <jamesrfla> Does it have to be about meeting time or anything
  18 [00:06] <Joeb454> I seem to have somehow unsubscribed myself from the mailing list, so I'm just reading the emails silver_fox_ sent to me
  19 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> OK
  20 [00:06] <bodhi_zazen> basically, in a nut shell, there has been an interest in establishing alternate meeting times
  21 [00:07] <paultag> o/
  22 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> after polling all interested parties, it turns out the most people can make the meeting if it is moved up 2 hours (2 hours earlier)
  23 [00:07] <bodhi_zazen> there was a discussion on the mailing list =)
  24 [00:07] <Joeb454> ok finished :)
  25 [00:08] <Joeb454> well, finished what I have, not sure if that's all of it, but i get the jist of it
  26 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> So , for a 2 hour time difference, I think we can try alternating the meeting times and see how attendance goes.
  27 [00:08] <Joeb454> I think alternating would work very well actually
  28 [00:08] <bodhi_zazen> Does anyone wish to add to the discussion now ?
  29 [00:09] <Joeb454> do we know if a 1 hour shift would work?
  30 [00:09] <jamesrfla> Moving the meeting time from 7PM Eastern time to 5PM eastern time is fine with me
  31 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> How would people feel about moving the meeting time by 2 hours ?
  32 [00:09] <duanedesign> i think the alternating is a good solution.
  33 [00:09] <bodhi_zazen> 1 hour works better for me
  34 [00:09] <paultag> It works fine over here :)
  35 [00:09] <Rocket2DMn> Just a quick note, I think that those of us who can't IRC from work, moving up the meeting makes it a tad more difficult to make it back for meetings, but not necessarily enough to make it out of the question
  36 [00:09] <swoody> either is fine by me
  37 [00:09] <starcraftman> I'd just like to pipe in that I actually have class 2 hours earlier then transit, only just make it to late meetings. I may or may not make meetings if its moved up.
  38 [00:09] <paultag> starcraftman: me too, but it's manageable
  39 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> I suggest we alternate meeting times
  40 [00:10] <bodhi_zazen> some will make some meetings , others other meetings
  41 [00:10] <starcraftman> I could prolly stick around on campus a bit, but makes getting home a bit of hassle. I'm just one guy though.
  42 [00:10] <duanedesign> Rocket2DMn: +1
  43 [00:10] <Rocket2DMn> Alternate would be best, then we only need to stress the schedule once a month instead of every 2 weeks
  44 [00:10] <paultag> starcraftman: I do the same thing
  45 [00:11] <duanedesign> Rocket2DMn: +1 again
  46 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> If attendance drops at one of the two times we can re-visit the issue
  47 [00:11] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: have ya considered some sort of absentee ballot thing for important votes at meetings some people can't make? Just a thought. The topics would have to have clear yes and no propositions though and not be ambigous
  48 [00:11] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: that sounds good to me
  49 [00:11] <bodhi_zazen> people can make comments either on the mailing list or on the wiki meeting page
  50 [00:11] <Joeb454> maybe we should try the 2 hour shift initially, then at that meeting, ask about a 1 hour move?
  51 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> so meeting times do not necessarily exclude people from discussion
  52 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> +1 starcraftman
  53 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> Any additional comments , otherwise shall we vote ?
  54 [00:12] <Joeb454> o/
  55 [00:12] <bodhi_zazen> yes Joeb454
  56 [00:13] <Joeb454> Can we try a 2 hour change initially (so 2200 UTC I believe), then if that works well, keep it, if not propose a 1 hour difference instead
  57 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] Alternate meeting times ?
  58 [00:13] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Alternate meeting times ?.
  59 [00:13] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
  60 [00:13] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
  61 [00:13] <bodhi_zazen> +1
  62 [00:13] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
  63 [00:13] <swoody> +1
  64 [00:13] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
  65 [00:13] <paultag> +1
  66 [00:13] <Joeb454> other than that - +1 for alternating the meeting times
  67 [00:13] <jamesrfla> +1
  68 [00:13] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
  69 [00:13] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
  70 [00:13] <Joeb454> +1
  71 [00:13] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
  72 [00:13] <duanedesign> +1
  73 [00:13] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
  74 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> Any additional votes ?
  75 [00:14] <Rocket2DMn> +1
  76 [00:14] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
  77 [00:14] <starcraftman> +1
  78 [00:14] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
  79 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
  80 [00:14] <MootBot> Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 8
  81 [00:14] <bodhi_zazen> Thank you all =)
  82 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> I have two additional items
  83 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> paultag: did you have a topic or item for discussion ?
  84 [00:15] <paultag> Nope
  85 [00:15] <paultag> nothing but FG stuff
  86 [00:15] <paultag> but that can wait for FG talk
  87 [00:15] <bodhi_zazen> kk
  88 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC]FG Leadership
  89 [00:16] <MootBot> New Topic: FG Leadership
  90 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> We have discussed this in the past, but I am not sure if we came to a consensus
  91 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> what do we wish to do with the Leadership positions ?
  92 [00:16] <paultag> o/
  93 [00:16] <bodhi_zazen> See the meeting agenda for previous discussion
  94 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> [LINK]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  95 [00:17] <MootBot> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings
  96 [00:17] <paultag> o/
  97 [00:17] <bodhi_zazen> go paul =)
  98 [00:17] <paultag> So: Here is the background
  99 [00:18] <paultag> a while back I pushed to have "elections". There was little to no motivation
 100 [00:18] <paultag> I think it can be self governed right now, and if it comes down to it, bodhi can intervene, step down with grace, ya know.
 101 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> so it seems paultag
 102 [00:18] <bodhi_zazen> some of the people on the list seem less active =)
 103 [00:19] <Joeb454> talking about the mailing list?
 104 [00:19] <paultag> Being an FG lead, of course, I am a bit biased ( to maintain leadership )
 105 [00:19] <bodhi_zazen> Joeb454: there was some discussion on the mailing list
 106 [00:19] <Joeb454> bodhi_zazen: if it was recent, apparently I was unsubscribed (still confused by that)
 107 [00:19]  * starcraftman goes and looks at mail list.
 108 [00:19] <Joeb454> I always read it, but I don't often respond, I'll admit
 109 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> If there is no strong preference I will review the current leads and replace the vacant positions
 110 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> if you all prefer we can have elections, but I am not sure of the interest
 111 [00:20] <duanedesign> if someone was interested what would be protocol
 112 [00:20] <Joeb454> I do believe I stepped down from all FG leadership roles
 113 [00:20] <bodhi_zazen> Joeb454: I understand, I get a TON of Ubuntu mailings
 114 [00:21] <Joeb454> unless we're counting the council as an FG :P
 115 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> Shall we vote ?
 116 [00:21] <starcraftman> I personally, don't see a need for voting. Not like we are an engineering society. My 2 cents.
 117 [00:21] <Rocket2DMn> or are we....
 118 [00:21] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE]bodhi.zazen to manage leadership positions ?
 119 [00:21] <MootBot> Please vote on: bodhi.zazen to manage leadership positions ?.
 120 [00:21] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 121 [00:21] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 122 [00:21] <paultag> +1
 123 [00:21] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 124 [00:22] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 125 [00:22] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 126 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> 0
 127 [00:22] <Joeb454> 0
 128 [00:22] <Joeb454> +0
 129 [00:22] <MootBot> Abstention received from Joeb454. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 2
 130 [00:22] <swoody> +1
 131 [00:22] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
 132 [00:22] <jamesrfla> +0
 133 [00:22] <MootBot> Abstention received from jamesrfla. 3 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 3
 134 [00:22] <Joeb454> MootBot always confuses me with +0's
 135 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> +0
 136 [00:22] <MootBot> Abstention received from bodhi_zazen. 3 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 3
 137 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen> lol
 138 [00:22] <starcraftman> Is -1 against voting?
 139 [00:22] <swoody> starcraftman, +0 is against voting, -1 is against topic
 140 [00:22] <bodhi_zazen>  -1 is saying we need to elect leadership
 141 [00:23] <starcraftman> bodhi_zazen: k
 142 [00:23] <starcraftman> +1
 143 [00:23] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 4 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 4
 144 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> any additional votes
 145 [00:23] <duanedesign> +0
 146 [00:23] <MootBot> Abstention received from duanedesign. 4 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 4
 147 [00:23] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 148 [00:23] <MootBot> Final result is 4 for, 0 against. 4 abstained. Total: 4
 149 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> OK as there is no clear consensus either way, for now I will review leadership roles
 150 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> if anyone is either interested or disinterested (want to step up or down) please let me know
 151 [00:24] <bodhi_zazen> I will ask from time to time in the channel as well
 152 [00:24] <Rocket2DMn> sounds fair
 153 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> My other topic is new members
 154 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC]Membership process
 155 [00:25] <MootBot> New Topic: Membership process
 156 [00:25] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: o/
 157 [00:25] <paultag> mathay: poke
 158 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> How is the new system working ?
 159 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> yes paultag ?
 160 [00:25] <mathay> paultag: I am here.
 161 [00:25] <Rocket2DMn> I'm concerned that we havent voted on anybody for a couple of meetings
 162 [00:25] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 163 [00:25] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: oh shucks. Nevermind, I misread that
 164 [00:25] <swoody> +1 Rocket2DMn
 165 [00:25] <paultag> Rocket2DMn: I was putting up mathay for this meeting
 166 [00:25] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: mathay is going up this meeting
 167 [00:26] <Rocket2DMn> With so many unvoiced people around, how do we not have new members up for vote at every meeting?
 168 [00:26] <bodhi_zazen> is the membership process broken ?
 169 [00:26] <Rocket2DMn> paultag, cool
 170 [00:26] <Rocket2DMn> I hope there are others ready for this meeting too
 171 [00:26] <paultag> Rocket2DMn: yeah actually
 172 [00:26] <paultag> Rocket2DMn: I think pedro3005
 173 [00:26] <pedro3005> hi
 174 [00:26] <Silver_Fox_> I hear fg leaders are being reviewed  thought i should drop by
 175 [00:27] <Vantrax> lol
 176 [00:27]  * Vantrax just lurks unless he has an opinion
 177 [00:27] <bodhi_zazen> LOL Silver_Fox_
 178 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> you are too late, I usurped the power
 179 [00:28] <Silver_Fox_> Heh
 180 [00:28] <Silver_Fox_> :)
 181 [00:28] <Rocket2DMn> long live the king!
 182 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> OK, well please, lets revamp the membership process
 183 [00:28] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: if I may
 184 [00:28] <bodhi_zazen> bring lurkers into the fold =)
 185 [00:29] <bodhi_zazen> sure paultag
 186 [00:29] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: I think we should put effort into moving idlers into the team, if they are active. Also look to recruiting from the forums, and wait out a revamp.
 187 [00:29] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: as you know, our membership cycles up and down with the release of the new Ubuntu
 188 [00:30] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: shall we wait a few weeks, and re evaluate after 09.10 ?
 189 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> sure, I think some of the lurkers lood promising and I have given a few quizzes even
 190 [00:30] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: we should look to activity as well
 191 [00:30] <bodhi_zazen> Would be ideal to recruit just prior to the release, but I understand what you are sayig
 192 [00:31] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: oh +1. But the releases always bring people over from other distros etc
 193 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> Shall we move to new members now then ?
 194 [00:31] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: +1
 195 [00:31] <swoody> +1
 196 [00:31] <duanedesign> we added  a few people since the last meeting. A couple were 'window watchers' and qute frankly we havent seen much of them since
 197 [00:31] <bodhi_zazen> Who is up for membership ?
 198 [00:31] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: mathay
 199 [00:31] <Vantrax> I think we need better way to engage people and get them involved on an ongoing basiss
 200 [00:32] <paultag> Vantrax: Silver_Fox_ and I are working on it
 201 [00:32] <pedro3005> bodhi_zazen, i am i guess, but nhasian isn't around
 202 [00:32] <paultag> Vantrax: we can chat about it later.
 203 [00:32] <Silver_Fox_> Vantrax, Its going to be huge when we are done
 204 [00:32] <Silver_Fox_> Can I put my padawan up?
 205 [00:32] <duanedesign> bodhi_zazen: PabloRubianes
 206 [00:32] <paultag> Silver_Fox_: if he/she is here, yeah
 207 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> +1 Vantrax
 208 [00:33] <Silver_Fox_> well,   no diegoTC is not here on the basis that I was not expecting to be either.
 209 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> I think really it takes people like starcraftman to be engaged in the channel =)
 210 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> thank you to starcraftman , Silver_Fox_ , and many others who have been active
 211 [00:33] <bodhi_zazen> OK
 212 [00:33] <swoody> +1 bodhi_zazen
 213 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] pedro3005 for membership
 214 [00:34] <MootBot> New Topic:  pedro3005 for membership
 215 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> anyone wish to speak on pedro3005 's behalf ?
 216 [00:34] <bodhi_zazen> pedro3005: any comments ?
 217 [00:34] <Vantrax> did he get the swallow question right?
 218 [00:35] <duanedesign> I think pedro3005 does a good job in help
 219 [00:35] <pedro3005> bodhi_zazen, hm..... i don't really have anything to say lol :(
 220 [00:35] <starcraftman> sorry, I'm feeling low energy atm bodhi_zazen, why I'm so quiet. Still working on my proposal, if paultag also working on revamping membership we should talk some time.  Will get to it this weekend I'm hopeful, done lots of my uni work in advance. (oh and yes, my typing slowed)
 221 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> Tell us about yourself pedro3005
 222 [00:35] <pedro3005> bodhi_zazen, except i've been visiting this channel for quite a long time
 223 [00:35] <bodhi_zazen> how long have you used Ubuntu ?
 224 [00:35]  * Vantrax is starting to think we should adpot the same system as ubuntu membership apps for bt ones (in regard to the wiki page and introduction)
 225 [00:36] <swoody> +1 duanedesign While nhasian might not be here, I feel pedro3005 has been active enough that we've all gotten a good feel for what kind of person he is :)
 226 [00:36] <jamesrfla> +1 Vantrax
 227 [00:36] <duanedesign> he reviews logs and i think he shows a genuine interest
 228 [00:36] <Joeb454> Vantrax: I think that's been discussed before
 229 [00:36] <pedro3005> bodhi_zazen, about a year, although I stopped a bit in the middle
 230 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> Vantrax: we have for the most part
 231 [00:36] <pedro3005> duanedesign, who reviews logs?
 232 [00:36] <bodhi_zazen> Any other comments b4 we vote ?
 233 [00:36] <duanedesign> pedro3005: you, well scrollback might be a better term
 234 [00:37] <Rocket2DMn> pedro3005, Rio is a beautiful city, I was there a little over a year ago
 235 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] pedro3005 for membership
 236 [00:37] <MootBot> Please vote on:  pedro3005 for membership.
 237 [00:37] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 238 [00:37] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 239 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 240 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 241 [00:37] <duanedesign> +1
 242 [00:37] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 243 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 244 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 245 [00:37] <paultag> +1
 246 [00:37] <pedro3005> Rocket2DMn, cool
 247 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 248 [00:37] <Vantrax> +1
 249 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from Vantrax. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 250 [00:37] <swoody> +1
 251 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 252 [00:37] <Joeb454> +1
 253 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from Joeb454. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 254 [00:37] <jamesrfla> +0
 255 [00:37] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 256 [00:37] <MootBot> Abstention received from jamesrfla. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 7
 257 [00:37] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 8 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 8
 258 [00:37] <bodhi_zazen> Any additional votes ?
 259 [00:37] <Vantrax> so when hes called we should see Hi, my name is <Name>, my wiki page is <wiki> and a little summary of involvement/contributions. Cuts down time and gives people links
 260 [00:38] <pedro3005> you guys want my wiki page? though it's quite simple
 261 [00:38] <paultag> pedro3005: it's ok
 262 [00:38] <jamesrfla> +1 Vantrax
 263 [00:38] <paultag> we voted already
 264 [00:38] <paultag> Vantrax: this is talk for later
 265 [00:38] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 266 [00:38] <MootBot> Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 8
 267 [00:38] <swoody> welcome aboard pedro3005 :D
 268 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> Welcome pedro3005
 269 [00:39] <pedro3005> yay :D
 270 [00:39] <bodhi_zazen> anyone else up for membership ?
 271 [00:39] <duanedesign> PabloRubianes:
 272 [00:39] <paultag> bodhi_zazen: mathay
 273 [00:40] <Vantrax> paultag: yeah, your right.. will confuse people
 274 [00:41] <mathay> Hello everyone. My name is Andrew. My wikipage is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/mathay
 275 [00:42] <mathay> I've been hanging around the #ubuntu-beginners channel for awhile now.
 276 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC]mathay for membership
 277 [00:42] <MootBot> New Topic: mathay for membership
 278 [00:42] <mathay> paultag is my master.. although that makes me feel a little subservient, I feel great. ;)
 279 [00:42] <paultag> o/
 280 [00:42] <bodhi_zazen> go paultag
 281 [00:43] <paultag> I'm a bit biased, I know mathay IRL, and am his master
 282 [00:43] <bodhi_zazen> pedro3005: contact me so I may add you to the LP team
 283 [00:43] <Rocket2DMn> what is this RL you speak of?!
 284 [00:43] <paultag> but I really thing that he is quite a good fit for membership. I support him 100%
 285 [00:43] <paultag> Rocket2DMn: :P
 286 [00:43] <paultag> </plug>
 287 [00:44] <Rocket2DMn> mathay, do you contribute to Ubuntu in areas other than the forums?
 288 [00:44] <pedro3005> bodhi_zazen, when?
 289 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> pedro3005: what is your LP user name
 290 [00:44] <mathay> Rocket2DMn: I've helped out in the #ubuntu-beginners-help area in the past, I am a part of the Ohio-Loco team as well.
 291 [00:44] <bodhi_zazen> any other comments on mathay ?
 292 [00:45] <pedro3005> bodhi_zazen, https://launchpad.net/~pedro3005
 293 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> got you pedro3005
 294 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> shall we vote on mathay ?
 295 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] mathay for membership ??!?
 296 [00:46] <MootBot> Please vote on:  mathay for membership ??!?.
 297 [00:46] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 298 [00:46] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 299 [00:46] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 300 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 301 [00:46] <paultag> +1
 302 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 303 [00:46] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 304 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 305 [00:46] <swoody> +1
 306 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 307 [00:46] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 308 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 309 [00:46] <jamesrfla> +1
 310 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 311 [00:46] <duanedesign> +1
 312 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 313 [00:46] <starcraftman> +1
 314 [00:46] <MootBot> +1 received from starcraftman. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 315 [00:47] <pedro3005> should i vote?
 316 [00:47] <paultag> pedro3005: you may :)
 317 [00:47] <pedro3005> +1
 318 [00:47] <MootBot> +1 received from pedro3005. 9 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 9
 319 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> any other votes ?
 320 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> mathay: do you have a launchpad account ?
 321 [00:47] <mathay> bodhi_zazen: https://launchpad.net/~andymathay
 322 [00:47]  * bodhi_zazen notes that needs to be a requirement for membership
 323 [00:47] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 324 [00:47] <MootBot> Final result is 9 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 9
 325 [00:48] <Vantrax> i thought it was
 326 [00:48] <Silver_Fox_> well done mathay
 327 [00:48] <paultag> grats mathay !
 328 [00:48]  * Vantrax cheers mathay
 329 [00:48] <mathay> Silver_Fox_, Vantrax & paultag: thank you. :)
 330 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> PabloRubianes: you here ?
 331 [00:48] <PabloRubianes> yes here
 332 [00:48] <swoody> congrats mathay :D
 333 [00:48] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] PabloRubianes for membership =)
 334 [00:48] <MootBot> New Topic:  PabloRubianes for membership =)
 335 [00:49] <PabloRubianes> hello everyone...
 336 [00:49] <PabloRubianes> I am pablo my wikipage is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PabloRubianes
 337 [00:49] <mathay> swoody: thank you too. :)
 338 [00:50] <PabloRubianes> and duanedesign is my master
 339 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> ooo, nice wiki page =)
 340 [00:50] <paultag> o/
 341 [00:50] <jamesrfla> Nice wiki PabloRubianes
 342 [00:50] <duanedesign> it is nice :)
 343 [00:50] <paultag> PabloRubianes: in your work, moving forward with the community, have you considered translation?
 344 [00:50] <bodhi_zazen> yes paultag
 345 [00:51] <PabloRubianes> thanks... there's a link to my launchpad profile
 346 [00:51] <bodhi_zazen> paultag: if it is on topic, just proceed
 347 [00:51] <Rocket2DMn> paultag, his wiki page says he does some
 348 [00:51] <paultag> OK. Good
 349 [00:51] <duanedesign> paultag: good question. He has brought up translating my project BOUCFT
 350 [00:51] <paultag> PabloRubianes: do it :)
 351 [00:51] <paultag> duanedesign: ah, outstanding
 352 [00:51] <bodhi_zazen> Any other comments ?
 353 [00:51] <duanedesign> yes
 354 [00:52]  * bodhi_zazen has a committment to another meeting in 10 min =)
 355 [00:52]  * Silver_Fox_ has commitment to bed in 10 minutes too bodhi_zazen  =]
 356 [00:52] <duanedesign> PabloRubianes haas donr wiki work as well as how tos in spanish
 357 [00:52] <PabloRubianes> yes i like traslate, the wiki team and as i am a computer engeneer student I would like to develop some free software as well
 358 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] PabloRubianes for membership 8)
 359 [00:52] <MootBot> Please vote on:  PabloRubianes for membership 8).
 360 [00:52] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 361 [00:52] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 362 [00:52] <duanedesign> +1
 363 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 364 [00:52] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 365 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 366 [00:52] <jamesrfla> +1
 367 [00:52] <paultag> +1
 368 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 369 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
 370 [00:52] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 371 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
 372 [00:52] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 373 [00:52] <Vantrax> +1
 374 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from Silver_Fox_. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 6
 375 [00:52] <MootBot> +1 received from Vantrax. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 7
 376 [00:52] <Vantrax> always need more translators
 377 [00:53] <swoody> +1
 378 [00:53] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 8 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 8
 379 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> Any additional votes ?
 380 [00:53] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 381 [00:53] <MootBot> Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 8
 382 [00:53] <Silver_Fox_> well done PabloRubianes
 383 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> PabloRubianes: your LP name ?
 384 [00:54] <paultag> grats PabloRubianes
 385 [00:54] <PabloRubianes> thanks!!!
 386 [00:54] <duanedesign> Congrats
 387 [00:54] <swoody> congrats PabloRubianes :D
 388 [00:54] <PabloRubianes> https://launchpad.net/~pablorubianes-uy
 389 [00:54] <PabloRubianes> thanks! i had a great master!!
 390 [00:54] <duanedesign> my first Padawan..all grown up
 391 [00:54] <Rocket2DMn> is Buuntu up for voting?
 392 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> any other business ?
 393 [00:54] <bodhi_zazen> Buuntu: you here ?
 394 [00:54] <Buuntu> Rocket2DMn, I don't believe so, I haven't been able to get a hold of nhasian
 395 [00:55] <Buuntu> (my mentor)
 396 [00:55] <bodhi_zazen> Buuntu: have you a wiki ?
 397 [00:55] <pedro3005> Buuntu, he doesn't need to be here
 398 [00:55] <Buuntu> bodhi_zazen, yes https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Buuntu
 399 [00:56] <Vantrax> bodhi_zazen is the next best thing to God around here... he can call the vote even if nhasian isnt around
 400 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> That wiki page sucks =)
 401 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> j/k
 402 [00:56] <Rocket2DMn> paultag, he's in your neck of the woods i think
 403 [00:56] <paultag> Buuntu?
 404 [00:56] <bodhi_zazen> [TOPIC] Buuntu for membership
 405 [00:56] <MootBot> New Topic:  Buuntu for membership
 406 [00:56] <pedro3005> he can call the vote even if freenode goes down
 407 [00:56] <dvz-> orly?
 408 [00:56] <paultag> Rocket2DMn: he just started poking about the Ohio LoCo. I'll have to get me, dvz- mathay and Buuntu together for the NEO Bug Jam
 409 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> Buuntu: has been awesome and I support his membership =)
 410 [00:57] <Rocket2DMn> awesome
 411 [00:57] <Buuntu> bodhi_zazen, :(, does not...
 412 [00:57] <paultag> o/
 413 [00:57] <Rocket2DMn> alright well we got 2-3 minutes left, lets' do it
 414 [00:57] <paultag> me as well. I <3 Buuntu
 415 [00:57] <duanedesign> yep
 416 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> [VOTE] Buuntu for membership
 417 [00:57] <MootBot> Please vote on:  Buuntu for membership.
 418 [00:57] <MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot
 419 [00:57] <MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
 420 [00:57] <Buuntu> paultag, :D
 421 [00:57] <swoody> +1
 422 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from swoody. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
 423 [00:57] <paultag> +1
 424 [00:57] <bodhi_zazen> +1
 425 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from bodhi_zazen. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
 426 [00:57] <Silver_Fox_> +0
 427 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from paultag. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
 428 [00:57] <dvz-> +1
 429 [00:57] <MootBot> Abstention received from Silver_Fox_. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 3
 430 [00:57] <duanedesign> +1
 431 [00:57] <Rocket2DMn> +1
 432 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from dvz-. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 4
 433 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from duanedesign. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 5
 434 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from Rocket2DMn. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 6
 435 [00:57] <jamesrfla> +1
 436 [00:57] <MootBot> +1 received from jamesrfla. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 7
 437 [00:58] <bgs100> +1
 438 [00:58] <MootBot> +1 received from bgs100. 8 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 8
 439 [00:58] <bodhi_zazen> any other votes ?
 440 [00:58] <bodhi_zazen> [ENDVOTE]
 441 [00:58] <MootBot> Final result is 8 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 8
 442 [00:58] <Silver_Fox_> well done Buuntu
 443 [00:58] <swoody> woot! Welcome aboard, Buuntu !!
 444 [00:58] <Buuntu> :D, thanks everyone
 445 [00:58] <duanedesign> woo hoo
 446 [00:58] <PabloRubianes> congratulations buuntu!
 447 [00:59] <duanedesign> \o/
 448 [00:59] <Buuntu> sorry I came in late, i had a rough day...
 449 [00:59] <swoody> Buuntu, really like the look of you wiki page, btw
 450 [00:59] <bgs100> Congratulations PabloRubianes and Buuntu (Sorry, was afk during PabloRubianes's voting)
 451 [00:59] <mathay> Congrats, Buuntu! :)
 452 [00:59] <bodhi_zazen> any other business ?
 453 [00:59] <Buuntu> swoody, thanks
 454 [00:59] <paultag> grats Buuntu, mathay, pedro3005, PabloRubianes
 455 [00:59] <bodhi_zazen> welcome new ones =)
 456 [00:59] <Joeb454> I'm going to have to leave, adios!
 457 [00:59] <Silver_Fox_> +1
 458 [00:59] <Joeb454> congrats all new members!
 459 [00:59] <bodhi_zazen> #endmeeting
 460 [00:59] <MootBot> Meeting finished at 18:59.
 461 


CategoryBeginnersTeam

BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20090922 (last edited 2009-09-23 00:56:48 by rocket2dmn)