When? Where? What?
- When : 28/02/2010
- Where: Brugge Beurshalle Brugge (Beursplein)
What : Dipro Micro Mega Market Computerbeurs http://www.dipro.be/benl/micro_mega_market
- Jan Claeys (JanC)
- Guy L. (from Oostende)
- paid by public gifts
- IRC meeting for coordination : none
- Promotion of the booth within Ubuntu-be community through the mailing list
paper, attachments, various
Banner Belgian LoCo Team : (Jean7491)
- "Ubuntu highway to freedom is now open" (Jean7491)
- "Ontketen je computer" (Jean7491)
- "Linux-Tux": (Jean7491)
- Flyers 2009 Ubuntu-be : (Jean7491)
- Flyer use of live-cd : (Jean7491)
- Sheet Informatie-Information_Ubuntu.odt : (Jean7491)
- Pen's : (?)
- Tablecloth : (Jean7491)
- 1 inflatable Tux : no
- x figuurtjes Tux : (Jean7491)
- Contribution urn : (Jean7491)
- Duct tape and other buro material : (Jean7491)
- 1 long power extension cords : (Jean7491)
- 3 power strips (4 sockets minimum) : (Jean7491)
- anti-theft cables for laptops : (1 Wamukota - own laptop) + Jan (3)
- cd's ( 15 originals + 50 home-burned) + 50 home printed paper bags: (Jean7491)
- PC : 1 PC ASUS AMD Sempron 2800+ with screen 19" (Jean7491)
- laptops : 1 (Wamukota), 1 (Jean7491)
- netbook : 1 (JanC)
- additional flat screen s: no
- eID card reader : JanC no
- beamer + screen : no
- Audio set : no
- External cd writer : no
- continuous slideshow Ubuntu_short_presentation-NL.odp : (see wiki))
- iso's on a stick (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Alternate, 64 bits, etc..) : (Wamukota - ubuntu32)
Possibility of WiFi connection : no
TuxDroid : yes (JanC)
- Digital camera : (Wamukota)
- candies : (no)
- fresh drink : (no)
The booth was manned by 4 volunteers, with necessary material (decoration, promotion and hardware).
As usual, a lot of visitors from 10 to 13 h. and quiet in the afternoon. We had contact with several people which we convinced last year to test and change to Ubuntu : they had sometimes a list of questions or problems they had to cope with, but were very positive.
With an initial stock of 50 Canonical CD's and home-burned CD's, we distributed approximately 40 CD's to apparently interested people, with a lot of explanation.
- public gifts : 42,90 euros
- booth fees : 38,50 euros
- material (100 CD-R's, partly for the next Dipro fairs) : 25 euros
- saldo : - 20,90 euros
Remark : call for public gifts is not always successful to cover the booth fees and the cost of the organization (distribution of CD's and other material).
Selling the CD's for a contribution (minimum 1 euro/piece) is a possibility to guarantee a part of the revenue. Another possibility is to sell promotional articles, like T-shirts, pets, and gadgets.
Ubuntu-be should decide an Ubuntu-be policy in this matter.