When? Where? What?
- When ? 17/10/2010
- Where ? Beurshalle Brugge (Beursplein)
What ? Dipro Micro Mega Market Computerbeurs http://www.dipro.be/benl/micro_mega_market..
- Jan Claeys (JanC)
- Lieven Baes (yanu)
- Frank N. (AM)
- 38 euros
- IRC meeting for coordination: proposed during the weekly meeting 14/10/2010 at 21.00 h.. on IRC #ubuntu-be
- Promotion of the booth within Ubuntu-be community and locally ?
- Think about a good setup of the booth !
- Don't forget to add at the entrance of the fair posters inviting to the booth ! I (jean7491) will prepare a poster.
paper, attachments, various
Banner Belgian LoCo Team : ((jean7491))
- "Ubuntu highway to freedom is now open" (jean7491)
- "Free your PC" (jean7491)
- "Linux-Tux": (?)
- Simple posters for the entrance of the event : (jean7491)
- Flyers 2009 Ubuntu-be : (jean7491)
- Flyer use of live-CD : (?) we need 30 ex. (model in wiki but needs to be adapted for 10.04/10.10)
- Sheet Informatie-Information_Ubuntu.odt : 30 ex. (jean7491)
- Pen's : (?)
- Tablecloth : (jean7491)
- 1 inflatable Tux :
- x figuurtjes Tux : (?)
- Contribution urn : (jean7491)
- Duct tape and other buro material : (jean7491)
- 1 long power extension cords : (jean7491) (yanu)
- 3 power strips (4 sockets minimum) : (jean7491) (yanu)
- anti-theft cables for laptops : (1xjean7491) (yanu)
- CD's: - originals 10.04 and 10.10 (JanC)
- - copies (?) - blanco(40 CD's:jean7491) - paper bags: (jean7491)
- boot-able USB sticks : 2 is snel gemaakt (yanu)
- PC : 1 old pc to burn cd's + LCD-screen (yanu)
- laptops : - 1x HP jean7491,
- - 1x Dell Inspiron1300 jean7491'for continous presentation) - 1x ibm 10.04 (yanu)
- netbook : - 1x Wamukota 10.04
- - 1x eeepc 10.04 (yanu)
- additional flat screen s: - 1 17" LCD
- (?) we need a screen >= 23"
- eID card reader : no
- beamer + screen : 1 beamer (yanu)
- Audio set : (yanu) 1 necessary for continous presentation
- External cd writer : see pc(?)
- continuous slideshow Ubuntu_short_presentation-NL.odp, how to install 10.04LTS : (see wiki))
- ISO's on an USB stick (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Alternate, 64 bits, netbook, etc..) : (?)
Possibility of WiFi connection : 1 fonera-2.0n (yanu, have to test that with stick)
- Digital camera : (jean7491) (wamukota)
- candies : (?)
- fresh drink : (?)
The fair was a successfull event.
The booth was located close to the Food & Drink facilities. It was 6 m. lenght (= 3 tables 2 m.) for the price of 4 m. and enough depth to set up the booth in U-form. A fourth table was delivered by Dipro on request.
It was easy to attract visitors to our “Ubuntu-space” for more explanations and to fix their attention on demonstrations.
With 5 volunters in the morning, the team was able to answer to the visitors.
A continuous presentation and several videos were used on a laptop+beamer+screen+Audio-set.
3 to 5 laptops were available for explanation and demonstrations (1 with an additional 17" LCD screen). 1 old PC was used to burn CD's.
No WiFi available.
We distributed approximately 80 cd's, 10.04LTS and 10.10.
For a more visible promotion of the booth, we should use a support for a banner, higher than 2 m.
- Finance :
- total of public gifts = 90,71 euros,
- charges : booth-fee (38 euros),
- benefit : 52,71 euros for Ubuntu-be.