When? Where? What?
- When ? 06/02/2011
Where ? Kortrijk Xpo (Doorniksesteenweg 216)
What ? .: Dipro Micro Mega Market - Computerbeurs
- Laurent T.
- Eric and Heidi V.A. (09.00 - 15.00 h.)
- Koen W. (09.30 - 11.30 h.)
- 38 euros
- Think about a good set-up of the booth, for example in U-form !
- Don't forget to add at the entrance of the fair posters inviting to the booth !
paper, attachments, various
Banner Belgian LoCo Team : (jean7491)
- "Ubuntu highway to freedom is now open" (jean7491)
- "Free your PC" (jean7491)
- "Linux-Tux": (?)
- Simple posters for the entrance of the event : (?) to do
- Flyers 2009 Ubuntu-be : (jean7491)
- Flyer use of live-CD : (jean7491)
- Sheet Informatie-Information_Ubuntu.odt : (jean7491)
- Pen's : (?)
- Tablecloth : (jean7491)
- 1 inflatable Tux :
- x figuurtjes Tux : (?)
- Contribution urn : (jean7491)
- Duct tape and other buro material : (jean7491)
- 1 long power extension cords : (jean7491)
- 3 power strips (4 sockets minimum) : (jean7491)
- anti-theft cables for laptops : (1xjean7491)
- CD's (15x10.04 + 15x10.10 originals + 15x10.10 copies + 0 blanco) + cd paper bags (jean7491)
- boot-able USB sticks : (jean7491)
- PC : 1x + TV screen Sony (jean7491)
- laptops : 1x (jean7491)
- netbook : 1x (Laurent)
- additional flat screen (s): (?)
- eID card reader : (no)
- beamer + screen : (no)
- Audio set : (no)
- External cd writer : (no)
- continuous slideshow Ubuntu_short_presentation-NL.odp, how to install 10.04LTS and promotion-videos : (see wiki))
- ISO's on an USB stick (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Alternate, 64 bits, netbook, etc.. (10.04LTS + 10.10)) : (jean7491)
Possibility of WiFi connection : no (available: 20 euros/day is too expansive)
- Digital camera : (jean7491)
- candies : (jean7491)
- fresh drink : (Eric)
A good event, although less visitors than in previous editions, there was an constant interest for the booth.
Mostly, the booth volunteers have to actively look for contact and to start a conversation with the visitors.
In the booth-material, we should add a support 2 or 2,5 m. high with posters+banner to be more visible from everywhere in the fair.
Additional posters (A4 or A3) are necessary on the ideas "you are free to choose", "this product is gratis", " you don't have to pay for quality software", ...: 1 (plastic-protected) copy in each Event-Box should be enough.
General presentation of Ubuntu on a large screen should alternate with videos (Ubuntu-promotion, Big Bug Bunny and short demonstration of easy games (SupertuxKart, Extreme Tux Racer, Assault cube, ...). Idem for no used computers.
Approximately 45 cd's 10.10 and 10.04LTS were distributed.
Ubuntu 10.10 64 bits was installed (dual-boot) on the ACER laptop.
Finances: 37 euros public gifts for 38 euros booth fee.