Ubuntu needs to gain more visibility in Belgium. It's important that people hear a couple of time of Ubuntu before they actually try it. Therefore, the 6 month release is ideal to do a "larger scale" action around Ubuntu.
Train station actions
During the Sunday evening there is a massive flow of students that pass through the train stations of Belgian student city's. It wouldn't be a big effort to do an action there, compared to the number of people we can reach. Eg. A train coming from Brussels to Leuven contains more than 600 students. The idea would be to:
- (1) come with a projector, and project a presentation or a ubuntu desktop on a wall or screen at the exit.
- (2) Flyer at the exit of the train station.
- (3) Add your idea here
Leuven, Sunday evening 21/10/07
- -A lot- of flyers OK
- burned install CD
- projector(OK, ROB), and screen?
- Power generator? very long power cable?
Laptop with nice desktop (and compiz), for showing off
Leuven, Sunday evening 28/10/07
Liège, Sunday 21/10/07
- Reginald Ratz (snulkid)
- g-traxx (ubuntu-fr active member)
Action was successfull with ~350 flyers distributed, by getting out (it was a rainy day :-|) at main train arrival times. Flyers were pointing to ubuntu-be and next Gutsy Install Party in Liege; they were offered by Bawetic asbl/NPO.
- -A lot- of flyers (in french)
Ghent, Sunday 21/10/07
No further details known.