12December16

Sunday, December 16th, 2012, 7:00pm (1900) PT

Agenda

  1. Add your item here

If you have anything else you'd like to add to the agenda, or want to make some changes, please feel free to edit it. Please include an explanation of your item if it's not immediately apparent. Agenda items added within 24 hours of the start of the meeting may be postponed until the next meeting. Adding your item well in advance helps everyone collaborate and avoids last minute surprises.

Our meetings are held for about 60 minutes every other Sunday at 7:00pm (19:00) PT / 03:00 UTC in our IRC channel, #ubuntu-us-ca on freenode. All interested people are welcome to join us. For questions or help connecting, check out the InternetRelayChat page or use the Web client linked from the Contact page.

   1 [03:10] <pleia2> #startmeeting
   2 [03:10] <darthrobot> Meeting started Mon Dec 17 03:10:27 2012 UTC.  The chair is pleia2. Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
   3 [03:10] <darthrobot> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
   4 [03:10] <pleia2> ok, who all is here for the meeting? :)
   5 [03:10] <grantbow> o/
   6 [03:10] <akk> o/
   7 [03:11] <pleia2> #chair pleia2 grantbow philipballew
   8 [03:11] <darthrobot> Warning: Nick not in channel: philipballew
   9 [03:11] <darthrobot> Current chairs: grantbow philipballew pleia2
  10 [03:11] <pleia2> (in case airport internets go all wrong)
  11 [03:11] <pleia2> alright, so we don't have anything on the agenda
  12 [03:11] <pleia2> hey philipballew!
  13 [03:11] <akk> shh, now we have to stop talking about him!
  14 [03:11] <pleia2> just started (my flight is delayed, in the airport)
  15 [03:12] <pleia2> #topic Announcements, news, any topics
  16 [03:12] <pleia2> so anyone with anything?
  17 [03:12] <grantbow> nine days left to submit shirt designs. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Shirts-2012
  18 [03:12] <darthrobot> Title: [CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Shirts-2012 - Ubuntu Wiki]
  19 [03:12] <pleia2> I will mention that we decided to skip the last meeting of the year due to the holidays, I'll update the wiki to reflect that later this week (hopefully tomorrow)
  20 [03:13] <pleia2> none yet :(
  21 [03:13] <philipballew> internet trouble
  22 [03:13] <philipballew> I will be emailing the list this week with scale prep plans
  23 [03:13] <pleia2> philipballew: great!
  24 [03:13] <philipballew> I can work with anyone who wants to submit a meeting
  25 [03:13] <pleia2> I heard from Richard Gaskin this week who said that nhaines said that nhaines won't have time to do an ubucon this year
  26 [03:14] <philipballew>  /meeting/tshirt
  27 [03:14] <philipballew> me and richard are gonna try to pull that off
  28 [03:14] <pleia2> so Richard said he and some others might, but that seems uncertain yet
  29 [03:14] <philipballew> I contacted garret about that and am going to try to make that work
  30 [03:14] <pleia2> oh good, you two are talking about that :)
  31 [03:14] <grantbow> philipballew, go for it :-)
  32 [03:14] <pleia2> Gareth?
  33 [03:14] <philipballew> pleia2, yeah, sorry
  34 [03:15] <pleia2> :)
  35 [03:15] <pleia2> (I see, you were just trying not to highlight him!)
  36 [03:15] <philipballew> yeah!
  37 [03:15] <grantbow> considerate
  38 [03:15] <philipballew> Its my new thing
  39 [03:15] <pleia2> I need to see how my new job works out, if I'll be able to go or not (right now planning on "not")
  40 [03:16] <philipballew> I so far have the booth under control and just need to get the booth supplies sooner or later
  41 [03:16] <grantbow> congratulations pleia2
  42 [03:16] <philipballew> +1
  43 [03:16] <pleia2> thanks :)
  44 [03:17] <philipballew> pleia2, if its easier, I can grab them when I am in northern california this month?
  45 [03:17] <pleia2> philipballew: sure, if that works for you
  46 [03:17] <pleia2> both the banner and tablecloth are in a big tube, I've had good luck with checking it on planes (it comes out with the oversized luggage)
  47 [03:17] <pleia2> or you could ship it to yourself
  48 [03:18] <philipballew> yeah, I have an extra suitcase with sw I can check, and Ill be in the bay area this week i think.
  49 [03:18] <pleia2> cool
  50 [03:18] <pleia2> I'll be around :)
  51 [03:18] <pleia2> we don't have any plans to use them in the next couple months, so you're welcome to them whenever
  52 [03:19] <philipballew> the lisa Canonical people would not let me have their banner...
  53 [03:19]  * philipballew asked
  54 [03:19] <pleia2> lol
  55 [03:19] <pleia2> they told me they didn't believe you when you said you'd give me a mug ;)
  56 [03:19] <pleia2> they were happy to hear you came through
  57 [03:19] <pleia2> "uh huh, yeah, 'for elizabeth' right"
  58 [03:19] <philipballew> I thought they seemed odd when they handed it to me.
  59 [03:20] <pleia2> hehe
  60 [03:20] <philipballew> If they knew there community council members they would know!
  61 [03:20] <pleia2> grantbow: do you know any artists we can reach out to for tshirt design?
  62 [03:20] <grantbow> nobody in mind yet
  63 [03:21] <pleia2> ok, I'll ask around and circulate it on social media a bit more
  64 [03:21] <grantbow> ok, thanks
  65 [03:21] <philipballew> tweet something and ill rt it
  66 [03:21] <pleia2> ok, I'll do that tomorrow (more people on twitter on the weekdays)
  67 [03:21] <pleia2> (avoiding work, probably)
  68 [03:22] <philipballew> unlike me, some people stop tweeting
  69 [03:22] <pleia2> you tweet more
  70 [03:22] <pleia2> ok, anyone else have anything?
  71 [03:23] <pleia2> the silicon valley folks still haven't been updating our resources for meetings so you still need to log into meetup.com for event details, but I've been trying to tweet them when I notice them
  72 [03:23] <pleia2> the mt view one is coming up on thursday
  73 [03:23] <pleia2> one == ubuntu hour
  74 [03:24] <philipballew> SD ubuntu hour went well
  75 [03:25] <pleia2> doesn't look like we have anything else on the schedule until next month
  76 [03:25] <pleia2> yes! that was fun :)
  77 [03:25] <philipballew> like 6 or 7.
  78 [03:25] <philipballew> and ill make another one soon.
  79 [03:25] <philipballew> thanks for coming pleia2
  80 [03:25] <pleia2> I got to talk to a fellow I've only ever conversed with via email, he is interested in working on the ubuntu-learning project which we're trying to revive
  81 [03:26] <pleia2> so, win \o/
  82 [03:26] <pleia2> former teacher, so he actually knows what he's doing with this education stuff :)
  83 [03:26] <philipballew> true. He is really qualified it seems.
  84 [03:26] <philipballew> nice person to
  85 [03:27] <philipballew> so any more announcements?
  86 [03:27] <philipballew> items?
  87 [03:27] <pleia2> I think that's it
  88 [03:27] <philipballew> Nice!
  89 [03:27] <pleia2> thanks everyone :)
  90 [03:28] <pleia2> #endmeeting
  91 

CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/12December16 (last edited 2012-12-17 09:14:41 by philipballew)