Sunday, October 19th, 2014, 7:00pm (1900) PT

Original Agenda

  1. Ubuntu 14.10 Release Parties

If you have anything else you'd like to add to the agenda, or want to make some changes, please feel free to edit it. Please include an explanation of your item if it's not immediately apparent. Decisions on agenda items added within 48 hours of the start of the meeting may be postponed until the next meeting. Adding your item well in advance helps everyone collaborate and avoids last minute surprises.

Our meetings are held every other Sunday at 7:00pm (19:00) PT / 02:00 UTC in our IRC channel, #ubuntu-us-ca on freenode. All interested people are welcome to join us. For questions or help connecting, check out the InternetRelayChat page or use the Web client linked from the Contact page.

   1 [02:01] <pleia2> #startmeeting
   2 [02:01] <darthrobot> Meeting started Mon Oct 20 02:01:01 2014 UTC.  The chair is pleia2. Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
   3 [02:01] <darthrobot> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
   4 [02:01] <pleia2> who all is here for the meeting?
   5 [02:01] <jyo> o/
   6 [02:01] <nhaines> _o/
   7 [02:01] <DonkeyHotei> \\o
   8 [02:01]  * eps waves
   9 [02:02] <pleia2> Agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/14October19
  10 [02:02] <darthrobot> Title: [CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/14October19 - Ubuntu Wiki]
  11 [02:02] <pleia2> #topic Ubuntu 14.10 Release Parties
  12 [02:03] <nhaines> I'm all for them.
  13 [02:03] <pleia2> rww updated our Projects page, so we now have a https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/UtopicRelease
  14 [02:03] <darthrobot> Title: [CaliforniaTeam/Projects/UtopicRelease - Ubuntu Wiki]
  15 [02:03] <DonkeyHotei> yey!
  16 [02:03]  * pleia2 edits real quick to add rsvp info
  17 [02:04] <pleia2> there we go
  18 [02:05] <jyo> :D
  19 [02:05] <pleia2> jyo: any comments?
  20 [02:07] <jyo> Should be a fun event. Confirmed that the food is veg and gluten-free friendly. Might need to figure out how to give out these graciously donated (and signed!) books but we'll manage.
  21 [02:07] <pleia2> \o/
  22 [02:07] <pleia2> thanks jyo
  23 [02:08] <eps> Pizza?
  24 [02:08] <DonkeyHotei> there is such a thing as gluten-free pizza
  25 [02:08] <pleia2> there is gluten free pizza :) but they told us they'd make sure the gluten free folks are taken care of
  26 [02:09] <pleia2> not sure exactly how, but the event folks at Mozilla know what they're doing
  27 [02:09] <nhaines> They get celery sticks and water.
  28 [02:09] <DonkeyHotei> Pizza Guys even delivers it, but no one ever orders it
  29 [02:09] <jyo> Platters are generally fairly diverse and accomodating.
  30 [02:09] <eps> nhaines: ew, yuck
  31 [02:10] <eps> Pizza is nature's perfect food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOkCgAwhh9U
  32 [02:10] <darthrobot> Title: [The Chemistry of Pizza - Reactions - YouTube]
  33 [02:10] <DonkeyHotei> eps: i don't think nhaines will be at mozilla
  34 [02:10] <nhaines> I will not be.
  35 [02:11] <eps> DonkeyHotei: They have video conferencing. He can eat his own celery.
  36 [02:11] <DonkeyHotei> yey!
  37 [02:11] <pleia2> so if folks can share the link with others in the bay area who may want to come, please do :) http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-california/2912-san-francisco-utopic-release-party/
  38 [02:11] <darthrobot> Title: [San Francisco Utopic Release Party | Ubuntu LoCo Team Portal]
  39 [02:12] <pleia2> I've forwarded to balug and berkeleylug
  40 [02:12] <DonkeyHotei> i was the first to register (after jyo)
  41 [02:12] <pleia2> sf-lug's list is still down
  42 [02:12] <DonkeyHotei> it will likely stay down indefinitely
  43 [02:13] <pleia2> heh
  44 [02:13] <eps> Is Rick OK?
  45 [02:13] <pleia2> he's very active on svlug
  46 [02:13] <eps> I'll take that as a yes.
  47 [02:13] <pleia2> I haven't kept up with the status of his network restoration though
  48 [02:13] <DonkeyHotei> eps: he is, the ethernet cabling in his house isn't
  49 [02:14] <pleia2> jyo: still maybe need local help for the event?
  50 [02:18] <pleia2> alrighty
  51 [02:18] <pleia2> #topic Any other business
  52 [02:18] <pleia2> anything else anyone?
  53 [02:20] <nhaines> Well, I've noticed there's no new wallpaper for utopic.
  54 [02:21] <DonkeyHotei> also, the lack of release parties anywhere else in the 3rd-largest state
  55 [02:28] <pleia2> yeah, it's a pretty quiet release
  56 [02:28] <DonkeyHotei> not LTS
  57 [02:29] <DonkeyHotei> i don't think i'll upgrade to it
  58 [02:29] <pleia2> I think we can wrap up
  59 [02:29] <pleia2> thanks everyone
  60 [02:29] <pleia2> #endmeetin
  61 [02:29] <pleia2> #endmeeting

CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/14October19 (last edited 2014-10-20 03:13:13 by lyz)