Sunday, March 22nd, 2015, 7:00pm (1900) PT

Original Agenda

  1. No agenda items

If you have anything else you'd like to add to the agenda, or want to make some changes, please feel free to edit it. Please include an explanation of your item if it's not immediately apparent. Decisions on agenda items added within 48 hours of the start of the meeting may be postponed until the next meeting. Adding your item well in advance helps everyone collaborate and avoids last minute surprises.

Our meetings are held every other Sunday at 7:00pm (19:00) PT / 03:00 UTC in our IRC channel, #ubuntu-us-ca on freenode. All interested people are welcome to join us. For questions or help connecting, check out the InternetRelayChat page or use the Web client linked from the Contact page.

   1 02:05:44 <elky> #startmeeting
   2 02:05:44 <darthrobot> Meeting started Mon Mar 23 02:05:44 2015 UTC.  The chair is elky. Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
   3 02:05:44 <darthrobot> 
   4 02:05:44 <darthrobot> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
   5 02:05:56 <elky> #chair ianorlin elky nhaines
   6 02:05:56 <darthrobot> Current chairs: elky ianorlin nhaines
   7 02:06:33 <pleia2> o/
   8 02:06:42 <elky> the agenda is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/15March22
   9 02:06:42 <darthrobot> Title: [CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/15March22 - Ubuntu Wiki]
  10 02:06:46 <elky> which is empty
  11 02:06:47 <lrcaballero> 0/
  12 02:06:59 <elky> so i guess we got straight to any other business?
  13 02:07:06 <ianorlin> #topic any other business
  14 02:07:25 <pleia2> according to the release schedule https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VividVervet/ReleaseSchedule April 23rd is the release date for Vivid
  15 02:07:25 <darthrobot> Title: [VividVervet/ReleaseSchedule - Ubuntu Wiki]
  16 02:07:41 <pleia2> unfortunately I can't make the time right now to do anything for the bay area :\
  17 02:07:51 <pleia2> so if anyone else is interested in stepping up, please do
  18 02:08:34 <elky> last one was basically just crunched in to a monthly ubuntu hour wasn't it?
  19 02:08:36 <ianorlin> nhianes maybe try something for LA ara
  20 02:08:49 <pleia2> I'll likely also be canceling the Ubuntu Hour on April 8th because I'm getting back from a trip right before then, so if someone else wants to run it, that'd be great, I'll also reach out to Michael Paoli, who has subbed in the past
  21 02:08:55 <pleia2> re: San Francisco
  22 02:09:08 <lrcaballero> I will get a hold of Phil here in San Diego and see if do something at Starbucks...
  23 02:09:26 <lrcaballero> for the release that is....
  24 02:09:41 <pleia2> elky: there was a proper release party at Mozilla last cycle, but I wasn't around and it wasn't very well promoted :\
  25 02:09:52 <pleia2> lrcaballero: great :)
  26 02:10:15 <elky> pleia2: ah. actually i do recall that yes
  27 02:10:35 <pleia2> and there was also supposed to be a presented, but they pulled out last minute
  28 02:10:39 <pleia2> all kind of a mess really
  29 02:10:45 <pleia2> s/presented/presenter
  30 02:10:52 <pleia2> I don't remember the details about that
  31 02:11:13 <pleia2> anyway, it would be lovely to have a more successful one :)
  32 02:11:51 <pleia2> I think that's all I've got
  33 02:12:24 <elky> did you go to the eps memorial thing or were you out of town?
  34 02:12:39 <pleia2> I did, DonkeyHotei was also there
  35 02:12:46 <pleia2> it was very nice, good pizza, good company :)
  36 02:14:26 <DonkeyHotei> i just wish i hadn't been sick
  37 02:14:54 <ianorlin> I don't think anyone likes being sick
  38 02:15:15 <DonkeyHotei> hopefully no one caught it
  39 02:15:29 * pleia2 feels good
  40 02:19:14 <pleia2> so... anything else?
  41 02:19:42 <elky> not from me
  42 02:20:05 <elky> looks like nhaines couldn't break away from his lucrative babysitting gig
  43 02:20:35 <lrcaballero> Thank you guys....I will see you next time :-D
  44 02:20:52 <lrcaballero> Good Night!
  45 02:21:00 <elky> thanks for coming along
  46 02:21:32 <pleia2> night all
  47 02:21:41 <elky> DonkeyHotei: ianorlin: nothing from either of you i assume?
  48 02:22:57 <DonkeyHotei> well, we could discuss meeting cancellation procedures, but that's best put on the next agenda
  49 02:23:10 <elky> indeed
  50 02:25:06 <elky> ok well i guess i'll close out
  51 02:25:18 <elky> #endmeeting

CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/15March22 (last edited 2015-04-04 03:55:39 by melissa)