ConnMan can be used in two different ways, either with Network Menu found from the panel or via a command-line tool called cmcc , both are in indicator-network package.
Current usage options:
- Wired: plug in cable and network will be automatically enabled
- Wi-Fi: click indicator icon and choose network
- Wi-Fi security: a dialog asks passphrase from user during connection establishment
- Command-line tool cmcc for debugging and editing connections. For usage run:
For 3G modems a separate package ofono is needed. Also it's a good idea to install use-modeswitch also.
- Install ofono:
sudo apt-get install ofono
- Install usb-modeswitch:
sudo apt-get install usb-modeswitch
- Plug in the modem and wait for the initialisation to finish
- Check that cellular network is found:
- Edit APN for the connection (usually it's "internet", but depends on the operator):
cmcc edit <connectionname> apn <apnname>
Start connection normally using the NetworkMenu