What is Ubuntu Kylin ?
The objective of the Ubuntu Kylin project is to create a variant of Ubuntu that is more suitable for previous Windows users all over the world. We are committed to provide you with a simpler and more enjoyable experience out-of-the-box. For instance, by providing UKUI Desktop Environment which provide a ‘familiar Windows-style layout’ to windows. Ubuntu Kylin has been a formal member of the Ubuntu family, since Ubuntu Kylin 13.04. Now, we are working on 18.10.
What's new in Ubuntu Kylin 18.10
Beijing 27th September 2018: Ubuntu Kylin Team releases Ubuntu Kylin 18.10 beta (version code: Cosmic Cuttlefish) officially, updating system kernel, desktop environment and many other bug-fixes. In the mean time, Ubuntu 18.10/ Lubuntu 18.10 /Ubuntu Mate 18.10 and so on are releasing today.
Linux Kernel 4.18
- A new theme which will give you a new fresh look is on the way. (Waiting for Sponsorship, LP: #1794709)
- Added a feedback tools.
- Added a simple wizard when first login.
- More powerful settings center.
- New style of weather application.
Project page: http://www.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
Bug tracker: http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
IRC channel: irc.freenode.net #ubuntukylin-devel
Mailing list: ubuntukylin-devel
- Chinese QQ Group:
- Developers: 125729037
- Users 1: 262012757
- Users 2: 306929327
- Users 3: 75642661
- Users 4: 398104181
- Users 5: 8010855
Business Email: email@example.com
The Release ISO can be downloaded from here.
- kylin-display-switch will crash under certain circumstances.
- The indicator sometimes aborts and disappears. (LP: #1764951)
- The logo in login page are still 18.04, and the new greeter is waiting for sponsorship. (LP: #1792261)
Since this version is an beta pre-release, there are still some issues, and we will fix this soon before final release.
Thanks to Simon, Anthony, Aron and others who involving in the development of Ubuntu Kylin, the success of Ubuntu Kylin 18.10 would the result of our joint efforts. If you want to be a contributor of Ubuntu Kylin,see: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin/NewContributorGuide and https://developer.ubuntukylin.com.