This page is part of the debugging series — pages with debugging details for a variety of Ubuntu packages.
- critical: eats your data
- high: crashes the host
- medium: crashes the guest (and most other "normal" bugs)
- low: doesn't crash host or guest, but has undesirable, clearly buggy behavior, or if it does cause crashes, can be worked around
- wishlist: feature requests, everything else lower priority
- If it is easily reproducible, try building from upstream git and reproducing. Then bisect
- [ todo - give example ]
- Try a newer kernel if available
- If KSM is enabled, see whether disabling it helps
Reporting a bug
All reports should contain the following information. Please be sure to attach these files to the bug report.
uname -a > uname-a.log
cat /proc/version_signature > proc_version_signature.log
dmesg > dmesg.log
cat /proc/cpuinfo > proc_cpuinfo.log
If your linux guest can't boot, start kvm with -serial file:kvm_guest_debug.log .
kvm linux_guest.img -serial file:kvm_guset_debug.log
And edit grub to boot kernel with earlycon=ttyS0 console=ttyS0
kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1 earlycon=ttyS0 console=ttyS0