Tips on triaging bugs
The right package
A classic error when reporting bugs against the new notification system is reporting a bug that actually corresponds to the application sending the notification (i.e. pidgin bug 363108). The first step when finding these bugs would be to invalid the notify-osd task and open a new one in the right package.
To attach the proper information:
- Log into you desktop-session on your computer
- Log in remotely via ssh into your computer form another machine (using the same user-id you use locally for you desktop-session on your computer)
- Trigger the bug within the desktop-session on your computer
- From your remote session copy notify-osd.log to a save place, e.g. using: cp $HOME/.cache/notify-osd.log $HOME/Desktop/notify-osd.log
- Restart your computer
- Attach the file $HOME/Desktop/notify-osd.log from your computer to this bug-report.
An apport hook is available for the package since Karmic. Please add here things to add, or remove from the report.
- Right now, the log is not attached because it can contain personal data. It would be useful to have a more debugging log, without the message sent, and for debugging information to attach to the report.
Projects in Launchpad to care about
All our projects are grouped under 2 project groups: