For minutes of previous meetings, please see DesktopTeam/Meeting.


  • Scott James Remnant (Keybuk) - chair
  • Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
  • Kenneth Wimer (kwwii)
  • Martin Pitt (pitti)
  • Matthew Paul Thomas (mpt)
  • Michael Vogt (mvo)
  • Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
  • Ted Gould (tedg)
  • Celeste Lyn Paul (seele)

  • Pedro Villavicencio Garrido (pedro_)



  • Outstanding actions from last meeting

Outstanding actions from last meeting

Activity reports

Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)

done, bugfixing and preparation for beta:

  • kubuntu-default-settings updates for kde4
  • libwibble and libept synced and testing Adept 2 alpha 4
  • Fix konqueror flash installer
  • Discuss guidance fixes with ScottK
  • Fix knetworkmanager & adept autostart for KDE 4

  • Hunt down why firefox, thunderbird are on the KDE 4. mvo changed apt for this but that has caused other problems which need to be fixed before beta
  • Test and make fixes for desktop-effects-kde
  • kate patch for cursor position
  • Work out why common strings were not being translated, discuss fix with Tonio
  • Test dist upgrader, now much more reliable thanks to mvo
  • Some fixes for system-config-printer-kde and update package
  • Some fixes to ubiquity
  • Review sponsorship patches list and apply as sensible

next week:

  • Beta testing

No milestoned beasties

Kenneth Wimer (kwwii)

  • Icons for compiz menu entries
  • OOo splash and about screen
  • Finished up gtkrf files, packaged
  • Worked on wallpaper, packaged
  • Worked quite a bit on getting gdm in line with the desktop, packaged
  • art team meeting saturday evening
  • talked to Kat quite a bit about colors, the heron wallpaper and using it on a t-shirt. created eps and pdf files for creative agency
  • started to document the color palette, creating installable palette, etc.
  • put together ideas for improving example content package

Martin Pitt (pitti)

Hardy spec assignments:

  • no progress this week; my specs are by and large done (oh, yeah, for reducing-duplication: tk8.3 is gone)

Unfixed milestoned bugs:

  • 174128 (dhcp3 debconf question during upgrade, beta): still needsinfo/unreproducible, no progress since last week
  • 172853, 172837 (conffile prompt on initramfs-tools and hal upgrade): just grabbed from the milestone list, will do next week


  • spent some hours on apport retracer shepherding (I need to find some time to fix this properly: bugs in fakechroot and robustness of the retracer bot)
  • spent most of the week on bug triage and bug fixing

Matthew Paul Thomas (mpt)

Michael Vogt (mvo)



  • run language-selector as non-root by default
  • fix input method checkbox in l-s and make it a user setting
  • review/merge various patches from Arne
  • sponsoring for arne


  • test/propose fix for python-central dapper->hardy

  • don't use the konsole kpart in the release upgrader anymore, it caused too much problems in the past, instead use a dumb terminal
  • fix terminal log file writing with the kde frontend


  • compiz and compiz-fusion 0.7.2 got released right in time for beta, all packages got updated the same day
  • use "compiz-decorator" as default decorator that then decides what decorator to start
  • debug problem in decoration plugin - it doesn't start the default decorator (fixed in git now)
  • review/merged patch from Erkin that resolves a UI conflict between fade and animation


  • work on command-not-found (hardy-qa+regular buglist)
  • go over the unattended-upgrades buglist and fix a lot of issues
  • go over the apturl buglist and fix a lot of issues
  • SRU verification for tzdata (#198128)
  • bug triage (hardy qa-list, dholbachs really-fix-it list)
  • sponsoring
  • upgrade testing
  • change the DoInstallTask() code in apt again to fix a problem with riddels kde4 live images - breaks other things unfortunately and needs to be reverted :/

  • envyng review (uff)
  • new gnome-commander
  • add support to nautilus-share to install samba if it is not there already (just like gnome-system-tools)

Next week:

  • beta testing
  • upgrade testing
  • command-not-found/app-install-data updates
  • bug fixing

Mirco Müller (MacSlow)

Sebastien Bacher (seb128)

  • GNOME 2.22 packaging, almost everything has been updated before wednesday and the official GNOME announce
  • desktop bug fixing
  • lot of bug triage too

Ted Gould (tedg)


  • Updated to 2.22
  • Continued to work on fixing and triaging bugs. 6 patches so far.
  • Working to get patches upstream.
  • Tested battery out condition, update HAL fixes.

GNOME Screensaver

  • Updated for 2.22


  • Tested to ensure you can login on boot of a full drive
  • Vacation March 24-27


Back to DesktopTeam.

DesktopTeam/Meeting/2008-03-13 (last edited 2008-08-06 16:21:36 by localhost)