For minutes of previous meetings, please see DesktopTeam/Meeting.

Meeting Minutes


Main Meeting

  • Rick Spencer (rickspencer3) - chair
  • Alexander Sack (asac)
  • Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)

  • Bryce Harrington (bryce)
  • Chris Cheney (calc)
  • Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
  • Ken VanDine (kenvandine)

  • Martin Pitt (pitti)
  • Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
  • Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)
  • Tony Espy (awe)

Eastern Edition

  • Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)

  • Robert Ancell (robert_ancell)



  • Last Karmic Gnome Release
  • Release Bugs/Release Status
  • What issues are we working on that are not on the list?
  • What issues do we need help on?

Last Karmic Gnome Release

  • robert_ancell and seb128 will be working on uploading latest gnome starting next Monday
  • refrain from assigning work to them during next week
  • pitch in and package and upload if available

Release Bugs/Release Status

Release Targeted bugs



Assigned To







Date Confirmed



Help→About does not function (abrowser-3.5, jaunty-proposed)


In Progress


firefox-3.5 (Ubuntu Karmic)



2009-07-06 15:06:54.694398+00:00


NetworkManager 0.8 can not get IPv4 address for wired Auto connections because IPv6 fails




network-manager (Ubuntu Karmic)



2009-09-29 11:06:41.591934+00:00

apport-bug i386


Empathy is unusable if indicator applet is not on the panel




empathy (Ubuntu Karmic)



2009-10-02 07:50:57.731774+00:00



video calls fail frequently


In Progress


empathy (Ubuntu Karmic)



2009-09-22 21:00:53.841456+00:00


iPod only being detected as Drive, not as iPod


Fix Committed


devicekit-disks (Ubuntu Karmic)



2009-10-12 15:31:17.543230+00:00

  • bug 435073 is hard to reproduce and diagnose
  • bug 434878 is fixed enough to ship for karmic, removing from release radar
  • bug 449589 in alsa-utils "Alsa mixer Master Front volume resets to minimum on startup" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/449589

Other Targeted or Important Bugs

  • xserver-xorg-video-intel "kdm does not restart X server (that crashed on logout)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/432521

  • 450692,openoffice.org-common dependencies changed, now pulling wrong theme onto the CDs,ccheney,Triaged,High,openoffice.org (Ubuntu Karmic),karmic,,,2009-10-13 20:14:30.384882+00:00,amd64 apport-bug
  • bug 424132 in openoffice.org "[kubuntu] OOo KDE file dialog is utterly broken." [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/424132

  • Launchpad bug 425952 in gdm-guest-session "gdm requiring password for guest session" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/425952

  • bug 359975 in gtk+2.0 "evince sometimes yield error "Error printing: Too many failed attempts"" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/359975

  • bug 419143 in evince "Printing from evince (and perhaps other GTK apps) to PostScript printers is broken" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/419143

Activity reports

Alexander Sack (asac)

Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)

  • Launchpad Translation team sprint in Belgrade
  • traveling

Bryce Harrington (bryce)

  • Implement arsenal report to list bugs with patches attached across
    • all X-related source packages
  • Fix X200 wacom tablet baudrate (LP: #444612)
  • Fix Xcursor theme default to respect x-cursor-theme (LP: #443002)
  • Sponsor -intel patches from Alberto Milone (LP: #418703)
  • Fix segfault in MMIO path in RADEONInit3DEngine. (LP: #
  • Review current status of -fglrx. Confcall with AMD about -fglrx.
  • Fix RNG corruption in OpenGL. (LP: #421651)
  • Fix xforcevesa (really, assist superm1 fixing it in casper)
  • Merge and upload mesa 7.6 to Karmic (LP: #420803)
    • + Track/upstream regression bugs:
      • - 446425: [Radeon R250] Artifacts on kwin (FIXED) - 446578: [Radeon RS690M] Crash with kwin (FIXED) - 446674: [Radeon M7LW] Memory corruption / googleearth crash
  • Merge and upload -intel 2.9.0 (Closes FFe: #446080)
  • Merge and upload xorg-server 1.6.5 (Closes FFe: #447010)
    • - Fixes LP: #403339, #114336, #152999, #114336, #368135, #357901
  • Fix artifacts on kwin (LP: #446425)
  • Sponsor googleearth-package upload for Tormod
  • Sponsor -evdev patch for mdz
  • Fix Russian phonetic keyboard layout tagging (LP: #429034)
  • Fix MacBook w/ deadkeys layout alias error (LP: #327963)

  • Fix crash with kwin on Radeon by reverting upstream change (LP: #446578)
  • Fix huge font size on another LPL monitor (LP: #380009)
  • Review a bunch of other bugs with patches, but reject or redirect
    • them for various reasons.

Chris Cheney (calc)

  • OEM work.
  • Uploaded openoffice.org 1:3.1.1-4ubuntu1 to karmic.
  • Uploaded openoffice.org-l10n 1:3.1.1-4ubuntu1 to karmic.
  • Lots of OOo bug triage.

  • Need one last OOo upload to fix ppc FTBFS and remaining KDE4 issues, have patches already.

Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)


  • investigate poppler not using openjpeg as requested by upstream,

too late to add it now though

  • update libssh (needed for KDE) and discuss with debian maintainer
  • Fix microblog applet, both KDE and my own bugs
  • Battle Qt 4.5.3 which refuses to build in the buildds but is fine

everywhere else, may have to downgrade to 4.5.2

  • remove k3b-i18n from archive, it's out of date
  • chair Kubuntu meeting
  • Upload and test adept upgrade in hardy
  • remove xpdf support from koffice as advised by upstream
  • fix skim build
  • point Konqueror's google search at partner page
  • investigate choqok update, too unstable for now
  • add click though message to ubiquity in kubuntu netbook edition
  • test and upload digikam update
  • an hour or two of archive admin


  • fix bugs before freeze, get into RC testing

Ken VanDine (kenvandine)

  • Prepared DX package uploads
  • empathy crasher fixes
  • fixed draw-attention in the indicator for empathy buddy signon events
  • removed the time from the indicator for empathy buddy signon events
  • debugged video calls in empathy, working pretty well now but not perfect.

  • Prepare DX package uploads
  • add LP integration to empathy

Luke Yelavich (TheMuso)


  • Quieten all logs by default for speech-dispatcher, to minimize space usage in users home directories. Its easy enough to ask them to enable extra logging if something needs debugging.
  • Sponsored a patch for onboard to make desktop files translatable, as well as add a fix to hide onboard menu items, the same as other accessibility tools.
  • Continued trying to debug random speech-dispatcher crash, still nowhere near solving it.


  • Audio bug triaging, bugs in question are against pulseaudio, alsa userspace, and the kernel for hardware enablement.
  • Uploaded several fixes relating to volume restoration race conditions, and pulse and alsa bug fixes.
  • Added some sounds from the freedesktop sound theme to the ubuntu sound theme to satisfy those whow anted sounds for various message events for empathy. Some still feel that this is not entirely resolved, since the freedesktop theme did not have sounds for everything.
  • Uploaded a new casper revision to allign with some pulseaudio changes relating to disabling pulseaudio for accessibility installs from the live CD.
  • Did fres installs on systems to do final checks of audio hardware, to make sure things worked out of the box and were usable.


  • Sponsored a gcalctool upload for RObert.

Martin Pitt (pitti)


  • TB meeting/weekly report
  • Built/tested new karmic langpacks
  • Bug fixing: apport, devicekit-disks, devicekit-power, cdbs, gvfs, gnome-session, langpack-locales, libgphoto2, policykit-1-gnome, udev
  • Investigated MTP music player regression (LP#444083)
  • Investigated iPod regression (LP#440290)
  • Ported screen-resolution-extra to polkit-1
  • Created apport package hook for devicekit-disks
  • Discussed artwork licensing
  • Discussed checkbox policykit migration with Marc Tardif
  • Updated gnome-disk-utility
  • Tested various kernels on my hardware for bug triaging
  • Caught up on devicekit-disks bug triage, and cut a huge dent into my "new bugs" folder


  • empathy, evolution-couchdb, fglrx-installer, gnome-themes-ubuntu, human-theme, indicator-messages, indicator-session, libindicate, three nvidia-graphics-drivers versions, xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, xsplash

Robert Ancell (robert_ancell)

  • Got MOTU membership!
  • Fix keyboard focus bug in gdm
  • General bug hunting in gdm, gcalctool, ...

Sebastien Bacher (seb128)

  • updates: gnome-media glib gnome-shell
  • backported some gnome-control-center crash fixes from git
  • tracked a bug leading to gconf schemas translation not working and fixed the gconf issue, pitti fixed an another issue in cdbs there too
  • backported rhythmbox git change to use correct the inhibit api
  • tracked a bug in enchant leading to have turkish always listed as dictionnary in use
  • looked to gnome-app-install use in nautilus and downgraded to recommends
  • backported gnome-panel xrandr fixes from git
  • changed nautilus to not restart automatically for users who don't want it running all the time for example
  • lot of debugging on other issues
  • sponsored: libdbus gtkhtml gnome-power-manager empathy empathy glib empathy indicator-session libgnomekbd gnome-python-extras gnome-settings-daemon ubuntu-artwork gnome-power-manager

Tony Espy (awe)

  • Preparation for OEM Audio Requirements call for Lucid; participated in actual call.
  • OEM off-site meeting.
  • General NetworkManager bug triage

  • Worked on Kubuntu Hidden Network bug ( lp:444262 ). I can see why it's not working, but don't know the knetwork-manager code well enough to understand how it's supposed to work.

  • Wrote Plumber's Conference trip report.

Till Kamppeter (tkamppeter)

  • Made CUPS 1.4.1 using IP addreeses for broadcasting again, like 1.3.x did, as there are many networks with DNS not correctly working (LP: #449586).
  • Made the CUPS 1.4.1 package clearing the CUPS cache on upgrade from older versions (LP: #420490).
  • CUPS init script: Made cold-plugging of USB printers working also when the usblp kernel module is loaded.
  • Applied media type fix patch to HPLIP's HPIJS driver. As we switched back to HPIJS it turned out that the HP guys did not apply it (LP: #380858).
  • system-config-printer: Make udev callout for Plug'n'Print take into account changes in USB printer URIs due to the new USB CUPS backend, so that no duplicate queues get auto-generated (LP: #448583).
  • system-config-printer: Do not show the properties dialog when user accepts printing a test page after setting up a new print queue.
  • Answered and triaged printing-related bug reports.

IRC Logs

   1 [17:30] <pitti> Desktop team meeting
   2 [17:30] <kenvandine> hey
   3 [17:30] <ccheney> hello
   4 [17:30] <ArneGoetje> hi
   5 [17:30] <pitti> Rick will be here in a few minutes
   6 [17:30] <awe> howdy
   7 [17:30]  * asac lands ... just in time for meeting
   8 [17:30] <pitti> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2009-10-13
   9 [17:31]  * pedro_ waves
  10 [17:31] <pitti> so, we want to keep that really quick
  11 [17:31] <seb128> ups, I knew I forgot something
  12 [17:31] <pitti> = Last Karmic Gnome Release =
  13 [17:31]  * seb128 notes to adds activity report 
  14 [17:31] <pitti> seb128: this will happen next Monday, you said?
  15 [17:31] <seb128> tarballs are due monday yes
  16 [17:31] <seb128> so monday to thursday
  17 [17:32] <seb128> traditionally some are late for robert_ancell to have something to do while we sleep there ;-)
  18 [17:32] <pitti> ok, so everyone keep that in mind, and not assing major things to Seb/Robert on Mon/Tue :)
  19 [17:32] <seb128> help on sponsoring will be welcome
  20 [17:32] <pitti> I can help out with some bits, like g-p-m/gdm/gdu/other stuff you throw at me
  21 [17:32] <seb128> ok, will do
  22 [17:33] <seb128> we usually are fine for updates
  23 [17:33] <seb128> but sponsoring can use extra hands
  24 [17:33] <pitti> right, I think asac and me can help out wit sponsoring as well
  25 [17:33] <asac> ack
  26 [17:33] <pitti> = Release Bugs/Release Status =
  27 [17:33] <pitti> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus is our report from last Friday
  28 [17:33] <pitti> good job, folks, on killing RC bugs
  29 [17:33] <pitti> we just got more than we fixed in the past three weeks :)
  30 [17:34] <pitti> primarily because you all are eager to get important stuff on the radar, which is good
  31 [17:34] <asac> hmm
  32 [17:34] <pitti> does anyone have bugs assigned which you feel you can't fix by RC, so until next Monday?
  33 [17:34] <asac> the current wiki list looked not so big
  34 [17:34] <asac> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2009-10-13 ... there are "only" 5
  35 [17:34] <asac> is that up-to-date?
  36 [17:35] <pitti> apparently it's missing the X/KDE bits
  37 [17:35] <ccheney> i have a couple fixes that need to go in for OOo but aren't on there but i already am on top of them
  38 [17:35] <asac> for me bug 435073 is stil not understood. not sure how many affected
  39 [17:35] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 435073 in network-manager "NetworkManager 0.8 can not get IPv4 address for wired Auto connections because IPv6 fails" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/435073
  40 [17:35] <pitti> but ReleaseStatus is from last Friday, since then one or two things got fixed
  41 [17:35] <rickspencer3> pitti, those were the "Highs" that are tracked in karmic
  42 [17:36] <rickspencer3> and assigned to the desktop team or someone on teh team
  43 [17:36] <pitti> ah, and e. g. bug 427734  was invalidated recently
  44 [17:36] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 427734 in ubufox "ubufox not loaded in Firefox 3.5 on karmic alpha 6 CD" [High,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/427734
  45 [17:36] <asac> i did that after getting three confirms that this works now
  46 [17:37] <asac> i filed that as a "somehow livecd was broken"
  47 [17:37] <pitti> for example, bug 432521  affects our team, and isn't on Rick's list
  48 [17:37] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 432521 in xserver-xorg-video-intel "kdm does not restart X server (that crashed on logout)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/432521
  49 [17:37] <asac> hmm
  50 [17:37] <pitti> asac: do you need someone to help testing bug 435073 then?
  51 [17:37] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 435073 in network-manager "NetworkManager 0.8 can not get IPv4 address for wired Auto connections because IPv6 fails" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/435073
  52 [17:38] <pitti> kenvandine: how's the empathy A/V coming along? there are some nasty crashers still?
  53 [17:38] <asac> well. i need someone who is currently seeing that bug
  54 [17:38] <kenvandine> pitti, not to bad
  55 [17:38] <pitti> kenvandine: did the indicator integration crashes get fixed? (obsolete/duplicated entries, etc.?)
  56 [17:38] <kenvandine> some people are still getting crashes
  57 [17:38] <kenvandine> the indicator related crashers are fixed and uploaded
  58 [17:39] <kenvandine> the dupes too
  59 [17:39] <kenvandine> and buddy signon behavior
  60 [17:39] <kenvandine> A/V is working pretty well, but still causes some crashes
  61 [17:39] <pitti> awe: any chance to try and reproduce the IPv6 bug?
  62 [17:39] <awe> pitti: sure
  63 [17:39] <pitti> if it doesn't happen on a standard setup, we can probably take it off the radar?
  64 [17:39] <awe> agreed
  65 [17:39] <awe> it seems to work fine for me, but i'll do some digging
  66 [17:40] <pitti> sounds like it should be enough to set up a failing dhcp server on ipv6, that should work with kvm even
  67 [17:40] <asac> pitti: awe: i think its only reproduciable if you start with 0.7 profile
  68 [17:40] <asac> something like a system-connection with some specific ipv4 setting ... or something else
  69 [17:40] <pitti> asac: profile == saved connections?
  70 [17:40] <pitti> ok
  71 [17:40] <awe> hmm, ok... i have a spare machine i can upgrade
  72 [17:40] <asac> seb128 was the first who noticed this during upgrade a few month bug
  73 [17:40] <asac> back
  74 [17:41] <pitti> seb128: oh, you can reproduce it?
  75 [17:41] <asac> pitti: profile == settings
  76 [17:41] <asac> pitti: no. because once you fix it its gone
  77 [17:41] <seb128> pitti, I ran once into it
  78 [17:41] <seb128> I didn't try again since
  79 [17:41] <asac> so the problem is that if you come from a NM without IPv6 support
  80 [17:41] <asac> and upgrade to NM 0.8
  81 [17:42] <asac> you might end up with the IPv6 setting set to manual
  82 [17:42] <asac> and then you cannot connect because getting IP for ip6 fails
  83 [17:42] <pitti> it seems that's at least enough data to reproduce the bug?
  84 [17:42] <asac> however, the ipv6 defaults to ignored
  85 [17:42] <asac> so this does not happen for everyone
  86 [17:42] <asac> and we looked around the code upstream and dont see how that can happen
  87 [17:43] <asac> pitti: yes. but it seems to manifest itself just with a certain configuration/history
  88 [17:43] <pitti> kenvandine: how bad is bug 434878 still? should we keep it on the radar?
  89 [17:43] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 434878 in empathy "video calls fail frequently" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/434878
  90 [17:43] <kenvandine> not bad
  91 [17:43] <asac> so finding the NM 0.7 state that will reproduce this after upgrade is needed
  92 [17:43] <kenvandine> pitti, i think we need to just track it well for lucid and file effect bugs upstream
  93 [17:43]  * asac takes a note to review the setting migration code once more
  94 [17:45] <asac> i think best plan would be for me/awe/QA to try a few upgrades from 0.7 to 0.8 and hope that we hit the problem
  95 [17:45] <pitti> ok
  96 [17:45] <pitti> bryce: anything on your list which might not make it?
  97 [17:46] <seb128> I had a ipv4 dchp system config I think
  98 [17:46] <seb128> if that helps to try upgrades
  99 [17:46] <bryce> pitti, nope, things are going well
 100 [17:46] <pitti> nice
 101 [17:46] <seb128> I never played with fancy options out of that I think
 102 [17:46] <Amaranth> mvo: looks like we're going to have a compiz 0.8.4 release in about 5 hours
 103 [17:46] <asac> seb128: thx. dhcp system config -> available to all users + all automatic IP config ?
 104 [17:46] <pitti> bryce: there's one remaining mesa regression, right?
 105 [17:46]  * Amaranth wonders if he can upload compiz stuff yet
 106 [17:46] <seb128> asac, yes
 107 [17:46] <asac> seb128: if thats it it should be easy ;)
 108 [17:46] <awe> asac: i take it i should abandon work on the knetwork-manager kubuntu bug?
 109 [17:46] <asac> awe: hidden?
 110 [17:46] <bryce> pitti, right I'm continuing to keep an eye out for mesa (or other) major regressions
 111 [17:46] <asac> yes
 112 [17:46] <awe> ok
 113 [17:47] <asac> thats not a regression
 114 [17:47] <Riddell> awe: what bug is that?
 115 [17:47] <asac> awe: maybe write up quickly your current understanding
 116 [17:47] <bryce> pitti, also going to look at updates for -ati, that's the only remaining big area that we're behind on
 117 [17:47] <asac> so i can poke upstream about it
 118 [17:47] <awe> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/444262
 119 [17:47] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 444262 in network-manager "knetworkmanager won't connect to hidden WiFi AP using WEP" [Undecided,Confirmed]
 120 [17:47] <pitti> = What issues are we working on that are not on the list =
 121 [17:47] <pitti> do you have anything which still needs to make it into karmic which isn't covered by bugs?
 122 [17:48] <pitti> from my side, we still need to update teh copyright files in the artwork packages again, but that's techinically unintrusive (just legally)
 123 [17:48] <ccheney> i have a OOo ppc ftbfs and kde4 mega issue that still needs another upload, along with the mvo upgrade issue i need to track down
 124 [17:48] <asac> seb128: i have update of ephy homepage on my list. can we put that gconf setting in some other package?
 125 [17:48] <asac> seb128: so we can keep ephy in synch in future
 126 [17:48] <seb128> asac, any you want
 127 [17:48] <pitti> ccheney: is it possible to get that done by Friday, so that it can build over the weekend? I'm concerned about the arm buildd time
 128 [17:49] <ccheney> pitti: definitely should be done by friday
 129 [17:49] <pitti> cool
 130 [17:49] <ccheney> pitti: i might wait until thur to upload to make sure no more updates appear right after my upload, heh :)
 131 [17:49] <dobey> mac_v: ping
 132 [17:49] <pitti> asac, seb128: http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.txt is still unhappy about epy, BTW
 133 [17:49] <asac> seb128: not sure you answered my question ;) ... but lets do that after meeting (sorry all)
 134 [17:50]  * asac checks
 135 [17:50] <asac> hmm
 136 [17:50] <asac> seahorse-plugins
 137 [17:50] <pitti> ccheney: there might be some patches to fix bug 424132, too?
 138 [17:50] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 424132 in openoffice.org "[kubuntu] OOo KDE file dialog is utterly broken." [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/424132
 139 [17:50] <asac> pitti: will check that
 140 [17:50] <pitti> oh, and we need to get in a new checkbox to complete the policykit migration; cr3 has an updated package, currently being reviewed
 141 [17:51] <ccheney> pitti: yea that was the kde4 mega issue i was referring to, right after my last upload another few patches appeared, heh
 142 [17:51] <ccheney> pitti: so should be fixed with my next upload (i hope anyway)
 143 [17:51] <pitti> sweet
 144 [17:51] <pitti> rickspencer3: I'm done, mike back to you?
 145 [17:52] <rickspencer3> pitti, thanks
 146 [17:52] <rickspencer3> I'll need to scroll back, unfortunately
 147 [17:52] <rickspencer3> but it looks like perhaps there are some bugs that are not on my radar
 148 [17:52] <rickspencer3> so I'll look at those
 149 [17:52] <rickspencer3> in general, how do folks feel about the release?
 150 [17:53] <seb128> karmic rocks!
 151 [17:53] <rickspencer3> :)
 152 [17:53] <asac> yeah ;)
 153 [17:53] <kenvandine> rickspencer3, what seb128 said :)
 154 [17:53] <rickspencer3> ok, I agree with seb128
 155 [17:53]  * chrisccoulson thinks the same
 156 [17:53] <Riddell> a big improvement over jaunty here
 157 [17:53] <awe> +1
 158 [17:53] <pedro_> yeah it's going to rock
 159 [17:53] <rickspencer3> Jaunty was the best desktop I ever had, until a few weeks ago, and Karmic is by far
 160 [17:54] <rickspencer3> some really amazing and creative work went into it
 161 [17:54]  * ccheney will finally be upgraded to karmic ~ friday when his ram replacement comes in
 162 [17:54] <rickspencer3> so, let's finish strong!
 164 == Estern Edition ==
 166 <robert_ancell> rickspencer3, yes
 167 <TheMuso> yes
 168 <rickspencer3> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2009-10-13
 169  ok, first we (they really, pitti ran the meeting today) discussed the next gnome update
 170 <chrisccoulson> pitti - yeah, can do
 171 <rickspencer3> note that robert_ancell and seb128 will be quite busy with this next week
 172 <pitti> chrisccoulson: *hug*
 173 <rickspencer3> so no assigning bugs to robert_ancell at all hours for rickspencer3 during this time
 174 <robert_ancell> i wish it was gnome update day every day ;)
 175 <rickspencer3> seriously, we should all help with gnome by not overloading seb128 and robert_ancell, and
 176  anyone with spare cycles can pitch in and help
 177 * chrisccoulson hugs pitti
 178  TheMuso will have a few GNOME packages to update as well for that
 179 <rickspencer3> thanks TheMuso, good to remind us
 180  any questions about gnome updates next week?
 181 <TheMuso> no
 182  I'll be on hand to upload robert_ancell's stuff during the day as well, I'll make sure of it.
 183 <rickspencer3> TheMuso, great!
 184  next we discussed bugs
 185  first, looking at targeted and High bugs, not too many left
 186  though asac is finding bug 435073 a bit of a tough nut
 187 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 435073 in network-manager "NetworkManager 0.8 can not get IPv4 address for wired Auto connections because IPv6 fails" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/435073
 188 <rickspencer3> and bryce's xorg work, and Kubuntu issues were not on the list
 189 <TheMuso> Right.
 190 <rickspencer3> so, what bugs are you guys working on that aren't on the list?
 191 * bryce perks up
 192 --- robbiew is now known as robbiew-afk
 193 * bryce waves and returns to patch review
 194 <robert_ancell> guest session fixes 425952
 195  bug 425952
 196 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 425952 in gdm-guest-session "gdm requiring password for guest session" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/425952
 197 <robert_ancell> hey bryce, my text mode no longer works, if update doesn't fix that I might be bugging you :)
 198 <bryce> robert_ancell, sure just be sure to do `ubuntu-bug xorg` first
 199 <rickspencer3> ok, TheMuso, I see from your activity report and also your uploads you've been busy
 200  TheMuso, are there particular bugs that still worry you, such as that crasher in speech dispatcher?
 201 <bryce> robert_ancell, (also, be aware its probably a kernel drm bug)
 202 <TheMuso> rickspencer3: Yeah, and got one more big thing to nail today.
 203  rickspencer3: Its not worrying me to the point where I feel its almost a release blocker or anything, but one bug has come up that was due to dtchen overlooking an important piece in fixing volume restore issues. Bug 449589
 204 <robert_ancell> bryce, yes I'm assuming it's just a temporary issue which is why I'm waiting for the update (text mode seems to break quite frequently during upgrades)
 205 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 449589 in alsa-utils "Alsa mixer Master Front volume resets to minimum on startup" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/449589
 206 <TheMuso> rickspencer3: I intend to target that and fix it today.
 207 <chrisccoulson> right, time to look at file-roller crasher now
 208 <rickspencer3> noted
 209  ok, there's a couple of bugs that tkamppeter is working on that look rather serious
 210  bug 359975
 211 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 359975 in gtk+2.0 "evince sometimes yield error "Error printing: Too many failed attempts"" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/359975
 212 <rickspencer3> and bug 419143
 213 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 419143 in evince "Printing from evince (and perhaps other GTK apps) to PostScript printers is broken" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/419143
 214 <rickspencer3> robert_ancell, could take a look at 359975 *after* you crack the guest login nut?
 215  It's a totally weird bug, and something tells me that you might bring a fresh perspective
 216 <robert_ancell> rickspencer3, ok, will do
 217 <rickspencer3> robert_ancell, from the upstream bug:
 218  And others confirmed that moving the mouse while focusing evince works 100% of
 219  the time. Don't laugh.
 220  so if you wave the mouse around while the document is spooling, it works
 221 <TheMuso> ROFL
 222 <rickspencer3> well, by "you" I mean user effected by this bug
 223  this might be one of those "won't print on Tuesdays" bugs
 224 <robert_ancell> weird...
 225 <rickspencer3> indeed
 226  upstream seems similarly mystified
 227 <chrisccoulson> pitti - do you want to upload another g-p-m change then? :)
 228 <pitti> chrisccoulson: yep, and also adding a git-formatted patch to upstream bug
 229 <rickspencer3> but printing pdfs seems rather a common scenario to me
 230 <chrisccoulson> thanks
 231 <TheMuso> rickspencer3: agreed
 232 <-- huats has quit ("Ex-Chat")
 233 <rickspencer3> ok, any other business?
 234 <chrisccoulson> pitti - can you not commit yet?
 235 <tkamppeter> bug 359975 should get a nice place at the side of the "OOo does not print on Tuesdays" bug in the Ubuntu history ...
 236 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 359975 in gtk+2.0 "evince sometimes yield error "Error printing: Too many failed attempts"" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/359975
 237 <TheMuso> rickspencer3: no
 238 <rickspencer3> robert_ancell, ?
 239 <robert_ancell> rickspencer3, no
 240 <rickspencer3> ok, that's the Easter Edition


Back to DesktopTeam.

DesktopTeam/Meeting/2009-10-13 (last edited 2009-10-16 08:01:23 by p54BEC040)