Set up http://ddebs.ubuntu.com for armhf. (pitti)
- Failsafe-X works again (bryce)
- Jockey is erroneously installing nvidia-173, which is failing to build against the kernel.
New CUPS filters package (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-p-new-cups-filters-package) has its upstream home at http://bzr.linuxfoundation.org/openprinting/cups-filters now, merged in the PDF filters (tkamppeter)
- Upstream repositories of Foomatic are back online, Debian/Ubuntu patches upstreamized (tkamppeter)
- Desktop updates, merges and bug fixes (seb128)
- Worked on glib 2.31, uploaded to the ubuntu-desktop ppa for testing (seb128)
Spent thisi week still working on dbusmenu a11y. I started a discussion upstream about extending GTK's MenuItem API to allow the setting of alternative accessible names for menu items so that menu icons could be described in a textual format for screen reader users. That discussion has unfortunately gone nowhere, so may have to go the hard route and either tweak our GTK packages or re-implement accessibility for dbusmenu from scratch, based on GtkMenuItemAccessible code. (TheMuso)
Insert things to discuss at meeting here..
- Still working on the tarmac/jenkins/autopilot and other components.
We now have all unity projects autolanding gracefully and pushed to the staging ppa (https://launchpad.net/~unity-team/+archive/staging)
- Trying to polish the missing bits for the autopilot jenkins job process, getting access, looking at what was done.
- Now that the system is enabled for all projects, 21 branches in unity has been merged and 43 if we count all the components.
Sent an email summarize that we are now in the Nux 2.0 and Unity 5.0 area. Made some packaging changes to have easier support of ABI break, in the autobuild system as well as in the distro (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2011-December/003515.html)
- On the manual test side, we now have 111 manual tests, and all of them are ported right now to checkbox with a modified version of it for unity.
- Pushed all the tarmac changes and tweaks upstream (~800 lines), but we will have maybe to keep our fork.
- libxrandr-utils refactoring - first set of patches sent to RAOF for review (bryce)
- Failsafe-X fixed and works again. There was an error in the way the upstart rule was being installed (bryce)
- We're seeing a noteworthy influx of bug reports about nvidia-173 build failures. In oneiric and precise, it appears Jockey is erroneously installing nvidia-173 instead of nvidia-current (bug #876499). Unfortunately, in Precise nvidia-173 fails to build against the new kernel (bug #899054) whereas it did build in Oneiric (perhaps just typical kernel ABI change breakage, but should be investigated). (bryce)
- Several reports find the touchpad stops working after first boot of Precise (#897623, #894486, and maybe #859474)
- Remarkably, only 2 -intel GPU lockups reported so far (#899159, #899303). Maybe -intel will be kinder to us this release?
IRC log Western edition