Fix python-gobject -> -gi package dependencies. Now we are down to only very few default install programs which don't use GI yet. (pitti)
Split off a cryptsetup-bin package and add it to the default installation, which finally provides out-of-the-box support for creating and using encrypted media. (pitti)
- New set of language packs for Natty, currently being tested. (pitti)
- New Quickly and Quickly Widgets release, fixing support for python-gi and keeping the tutorial up to date (mterry)
- Fixed Glade not showing menubars on windows you are editing under Unity (mterry)
- New Unity Greeter release, fixing a bunch of bugs and tweaking animations to feel smoother (mterry)
libreoffice-3.5.1-1ubuntu1 is out, fixing (thus getting us to no >300 heat bug currently open against LibreOffice, if excluding lo-menubar):
https://launchpad.net/bugs/527938 Writer crashes on Tools->Bibliography without libreoffice-base (Ubuntu/Debian-only bug)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/925049 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal() crash
https://launchpad.net/bugs/872716 SwTxtFrm::HideAndShowObjects() crash
https://launchpad.net/bugs/917342 unlink_nodes() crash
https://launchpad.net/bugs/950071 recent documents is always empty
https://launchpad.net/bugs/958781 Libreoffice ftbfs after kdelibs update
https://launchpad.net/bugs/916291 fail gracefully in -common postinst (hopefully) -- not, still open
- GNOME 3.3.92 updates (seb128)
- xdiagnose/failsafe-x bugfix release. (bryce)
- Uploaded task 2.0.0 final release (bug-fix only). (bryce)
Debug and discuss hud accessibility in unity-2d. IMO it should be disabled until we can work out a nice way of presenting results that Orca users will understand, however it seems a vocal minority of the accessibility community are against me on this. (TheMuso)
GNOME a11y stack update, Orca 3.3.92, at-spi2 2.3.92. (TheMuso)
Continued work on VMWare audio card volume problems, not sure the best solution, will probably special case that particular device for now. (TheMuso)
Fixed long-standing login corruption bug 931967 in unity-greeter (raof)
Insert things to discuss at meeting here..
Unity 2d 5.7 was release with equivalent multimonitor support than in 3D. Got some unexpected rough edges, but all went well on Monday: https://launchpad.net/unity-2d/+milestone/5.7. We added some metacity patch to support partial STRUT.
- Busy preparing unity and unity 2d 5.8 with a short timeline (as the upload is due to the thursday because of ui freeze). Trying to get people reviewing their branches, run their tests…
- A compiz upload is in the mix as well. It brings some bug fixes mainly (fix notoriously the border drag aread disappearing if you don't have mutter installed).
- Preparing the testing phase for all the above.
Working on gnome-control-center for the additional design requirement for multimonitors: https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/document/d/1b3CwE3Wemr347fTxNcu7ixEQBK4YD8JF2pyv5pxiY0U/edit. Task harder that you can have at first look as 2d and 3d (despite some pre-acting ask), don't share the same key, we have mirror cases to take into account, delay application of keys… Hope to get it for tomorrow.
- Interviewing for X.org LTS role
- xdiagnose bugfix release. Fixes issues in xdiagnose gui, failsafe-x, and the X/compiz apport hooks. (bryce)
- Validated writable edid test kernel (bryce)
- Diagnosed one remaining Sandybridge rc6 bug. Now just waiting on upstream for a proper fix. (bryce_
- Escalated several drm bugs to Intel (bryce)
- Usual bug work (bryce)
- gtest, xorg-gtest, and xserver-xorg-video-dummy MIRs filed to get Xserver integration tests runnable on the buildds. (raof)
IRC log Western edition