- Completed development on new libusb-based USB CUPS backend, submitted it upstream to CUPS, uploaded new CUPS package to Quantal. This CUPS package also contains a backword compatibility IPP backend taken from CUPS 1.4.x (tkamppeter).
- Improved Plug'n'Print UDEV facility of system-config-printer to make it more straight, only getting triggered by the low-level USB device of the printer and not again by the usblp kernel module (tkamppeter).
- First printer driver packages using new libjbig are available now: foo2zjs, splix, c2esp (tkamppeter).
- Got some quickly/python-distutils-extra fixes and support for the arb team during the app developer week (mterry, didrocks)
- Updated gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center in bzr. Known issues remain and are briefly outlined in debian/changelog; please test and help fix them! (laney)
- Completed work in progress on the UI design for Additional Drivers in software-properties, should now get handed-off (see bug 1021733) (cyphermox)
- Fixed chromium-browser (18.x) FTBFS in quantal (kenvandine)
- Worked on updating chromium-browser to latest in the stable channel, 20.x, currently built in a PPA but should have it ready for quantal soon (kenvandine)
WOrked more with help from Alehandro from GNOME upstrea to get a branch ready for merging into Unity, so that Unity uses libatk-bridge. The branch should be proposed for merge by now, or in the next day or so. (TheMuso)
Insert things to discuss at meeting here..
- Pile of indicator updates coming this week, finally!
- Finally got an unity release out (6.0), with unity-lens-music, all unity-lens-* with path renamed, nux, unity, bamf, dee.
- Some fixes for dee validated to need a SRU for python3 support.
- Used that release to clean a lot of renaming, package transitionning and so on.
- Not a lot of new features apart from some cleaning
- Unity/Nux/Compiz SRU is under way and should be handled by PS before end of week.
- Gsetting in compiz is progressing, tests are getting written and merged. The compiz release should follow soonish after this.
- Proposed dmabufmgr (mlankhorst)
- Working prototype of system compositor + intel driver in ppa:raof/system-compositor-scratchpad
- Known problems include: rendering to the root window and some input support for Unity
IRC log Western edition