- Updated system-config-printer to 1.3.11, there will be no transition to Python3 in Quantal (tkamppeter)
- Updated Ghostscript to 9.06 final.
Removed fontconfig-voodoo hacks and calls to the script from language-selector. Test packages are in https://launchpad.net/~laney/+archive/experimental — please give them a go. l-s itself still ships most of the fontconfig files apart from the georgian ones, as the rest have to be split up and separated out into a variety of other font packages. That's work for the second iteration. (Laney)
Quickly reboot continued: good public hangout on air and discussion on the future and Quickly. Discussion with the community teams about new processes. Wrote some summary the hangouts: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Quickly/Reboot (didrocks)
- Started some Quickly merge reviews as well (didrocks)
Released the NetworkManager 0.9.6.0 stack to an unsuspecting world (cyphermox)
- Debugged a major issue in a potential SRU patch for NM in Precise with stgraber; re using DBUS with dnsmasq (cyphermox)
- Fixed up dnsmasq to support specifying a custom DBus name to use on startup (cyphermox)
- Fixed some issues with Bluez starting PAN/DUN connections, and some bluetooth audio potential issues (cyphermox)
- A new developer package, pbuilder-scripts, landed in precise for those that still use pbuilder. This is a collection of helper scripts to make working with many simultaneous chroots easier. I wrote this for OEM back in the day. (mterry)
After much testing, pulseaudio 2.1 is in quantal. (TheMuso)
FOund a bug where the volume wasn't being saved on shutdown/restart. Turns out I missed changing the path to alsactl in the upstart files when I merged alsa-utils, so fixed this up. THis was only noticed when one changed the volume, and found that the volume wasn't saved at next reboot. (TheMuso)
Started debugging some weirdness with the at-spi stack, where Orca will work properly on first login, but won't read anything on subsequent restarts. (TheMuso)
Insert things to discuss at meeting here..
- Unity 6.2 stack landed into quantal (unity, dee, bamf, unity-lens-applications, unity-lens-music, unity-lens-files, nux) \o/
Some continued work in gsettings for compiz and unity. Still wait on a branch for compiz gsettings <-> g-c-c integration
Work to prepare all unity-2d removal and compiz/unity transition to gsettings on multiple components (11 components are involved into the transition). See the summary of what was needed into that tracking bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-meta/+bug/1035261.
All distro components ready to roll (patches to g-c-c, gnome-session, lightdm transition, unity-greeter transition, unity and compiz migration scripts, g-s-d revert, metacity preparation and checking, unity-2d transition packaging, release-upgrader support for checking if unity-3d is supported during precise -> quantal upgrade, seeds update preparation.
As the gsettings compiz is still not ready and the schedule is tight, we will decouple the transition in two phases (slightly more work for us, but manageable): remove unity-2d first, and then gconf -> gsettings transition.
- Getting patches reviewed (mlankhorst)
- Follow up mesa 8.0.3 piglit testing. Found some new (reproducible) gpu lockup issues, so will be delaying the 8.0.3 sru (bryce)
- Updated xdiagnose PCI ID database with latest chips (haswell, tegra, northern/southern islands, etc. etc. chips) (bryce)
- Assisted Jeff Lane in utilizing xdiagnose xorglog.py module for X driver detection (bryce)
- Engaging in further planning with kernel team for X stack update in LTS point release (bryce, mlankhorst)
IRC log Western edition