Dev Focus Group Academy
- Help new users who want to get involved in the programming area.
How it is going to work
- Users who have a medium or high knowledge of programming language, will give "classes" to new users who have the spirit of learning.
- The teacher or instructor its going to provide links, examples, exercises, etc to the new users this way they are going to get knowledge and practice by their selfs.
- The teacher or instructor its going to give 1 or 2 classes the week. (30 or 60 minutes). In this classes he will explain, answer questions,etc.
- All teachers and new users should join the #ubuntu-beginners-dev channerl on IRC. This way they will help each other if they have troubles
- The classes should be given on #ubuntu-classroom
- Each course should be around 1 or 2 months
- At the end of the course. The teacher should work with the new users for developing a small project. It can be a small game, a small program, something related to the course, and get benefit future users.
The benefits of this academy
- Help new users to learn a new programming language
- When there is a group with a better knowledge, the dev focus group can work on developing application (Small or Big Projects) that can benefit Ubuntu
- Fix existing trivial bugs on Launchpad.
- Others (Still Thinking)