This page describes the requirements for uploading to PPAs, or rather to multiple distributions at once. It is a work in progress.
autoppa is prior art that should be looked at for inspiration.
- Alter the version number for each distribution so that they
- don't clash and there can be an upgrade path.
- Upload the source to launchpad.
- Be able to tweak for older distributions that e.g. don't have a new enough debhelper.
- Change the version number, usually using tildes, the release name, and some other string, often "ppa".
- Change the distribution target.
- - These steps can either modify the last changelog stanza, or create a new one.
- Perhaps tweak the packaging for older releases.
- Build the source package.
- Upload the source package to the PPA.