Meeting 11 17 2012
Chair: Brian Curtis
- Action Item Review:
kjcole to add these events to LoCo calendar.
- marcoceppi to send summary of DCWEEK to bcurtiswx.
- kjcole to send summary of broadband summit to bcurtisx.
- Sujit to work on organizing an installfest for Quantal Quetzal.
- kjcole to talk with maco about flickr group maintainence.
- Installfest Organizational Team (Sujit).
- Flyer Design and Distribution Team (Nathan Webber).
LoCo Idea Review Team (IDEA).
- What is our self image (DISCUSSION)?
- Upcoming Events/ Discussion on Prep.
- Chair for next meeting.
Chair: Brian Curtis
Action Item Review
- All items are taken care of except Sujit's Installfest. To discuss in person over e-mail
- Installfest Organizational Team will be formed through e-mail and lead by Sujit.
- Flyer Design: Nathan Weber has shown interest in this. Will discuss with him to see if he is still interested in designing this.
- Dan Chen has brought up the idea to create a Facebook/Twitter/Google+ account for the group and start posting FOSS/Linux style topics for the community.
ACTION ITEM Make a District of Columbia team Google plus page
ACTION ITEM Make a District of Columbia team Twitter account
ACTION ITEM Make a District of Columbia team Facebook page
Kevin discussed using these mediums as outlets to a single source of information about the LoCo and the Linux FOSS community.
- Discussion was brought up about where to have the main data source, and there were quite a few ideas. We want something that is easy for everyone and the least confusing for newcomers to parse. The ideas are:
- Using mailman interface to link to for news
- Using Drupal for highlights and linking to mailman due to confusion of mailman interface
- Finding (or designing) a good mailman GUI (Blog style) that is easy for newcomers to use/read.
- Idea Processing
As we grow this will be a more important topic of discussion, for now the LoCo is limited and resources should go elsewhere
- Self Image (mission statement):
- To discuss next meeting
- UDS Washington D.C.
Talk to Florida LoCo, who have been leaders in getting Orlando UDS meetings there. Get a better idea on what needs to be done, and the process that needs to happen to get things moving.
- Resources: Interpreters/Space from Gallaudet
- Location: DC Convention Center? | Gallaudet?
Where to start: Talk to Canonical (Jono?)/ Florida LoCo / DEBCONF guys (planet debian)
- Chair Next Meeting (Dec 20th, 2012)
Action Item : Who is NOT going to show up?
- Monthly Meal: No meeting, but an informal gathering around the DC area for interested parties to meet and greet and talk FOSS/Linux/Ubuntu. Keep it close to a metro outlet
Action Item : Where around DC could we gather (other than Taste of India)