I'm an intermediate developer with a few small contributes to my name. I write mostly in java, though I can also use c# but am not that familliar with gtk# though this is a future goal. My goal in using ubuntu is to completely wean myself from any proprietary software. As I'm currently using a mac for my desktop this will probably be more difficult than a windows switch.
I guess I'd like to generate a list of things that either stop me from switching, or projects that I find interesting. This is not meant as a todo list for developers or anything as arroagant as that but more of a list of blockers and things I'd like to see for my own personal benefit or for the purpose of indicating stuff I'd like to work on.
Griffin RadioShark Drivers
- A more Usable Gimp
- Liferea general stability and usability improvements
- dvdauthor progress (Development has stalled)
- httpmail backend for evolution
Projects That I'd like to see or see better integrated These products should be tightly integrated similar to the create projects initiative
Other software I'd like to see
- Some sort of home design software similar to commercial windows offerings
- Archive.org/gutenberg browser --I'm very interested in working on this if anyone needs help I'd be glad to pitch in