This is a log or summary of an Edubuntu Meeting. Please go to the Meeting Page for more information about our meetings.
Meeting May 23, 2007
- Classmate PC:
- squashfs is done and running well: leaves about 1GB user freespace and about 300 for extra SW
- good for 1.0 but probably develop ground up for Gutsy
- New Canonical employee coming in to work on LTSP
- wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuKDE - Riddell working on in kubuntu seeds
- link from roadmap in "related projects"
- edubuntu-addon-enhancements spec nearly done
variety of meta-packages coming for Main & Universe
set a task to install the apps that were on Dapper & Edgy
- set up wiki space again for collaboration
- looking at FAQ style contribs
- handbook stays in XML
- need help on TBH topics
Websites & Community
- Matt Nuzum going to help with new template integration
- Jonathan Carter to work on new theme for template
- www.edubuntu.org moves to Drupal 5.1
- look to storing in bzr
- with use of launchpad product and team for catching usability bug reports etc. (like kubuntu-website)
- Edubuntu vs. Ubuntu Education (site) differences need some planning/explanation
- Beta site needs contributions, perhaps blogrolling and aggregation
- Byte Sized Tasks coming up!