This is a log or summary of an Edubuntu Meeting. Please go to the Meeting Page for more information about our meetings.
Meeting July 17, 2009
Minutes of Edubuntu Meeting at 19:00 UTC, 16 July 2009 on #ubuntu-meeting.
LaserJock (Jordan Mantha)
- Lns (Jordan Ericksson)
- alkisg (Alkis Georgopoulos)
- ball (Andy Ball)
- sbalneav (Scott Balneaves)
- dgroos (David Groos)
- highvoltage (Jonathan Carter)
- mhall119|work (Michael Hall)
- Michelle_Qimo (Michelle Hall)
- Edubuntu Website
- Monthly Team Reports
- Weekly Updates
- General Discussion
- Next Meeting Time
- Post-meeting Discussion on #edubuntu
1. Edubuntu Website
- Phillip Schroder has indicated that he won't have any more time to work on website
Content needs to be divided in archive and current, for example, there should be a /ReleaseNotes and /8.04/ReleaseNotes, /8.10/ReleaseNotes, etc. Archived documentation that are release-specific can live inside that distribution's namespace
- Archive content should have a subtle warning banner indicating that the page relates to an older version of Edubuntu
- Contact members of the edubuntu-website team and get them involved.
2. Monthly Team Reports
- As an Ubuntu team, we must start submitting monthly reports based on our activities
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamReports has more information on team reports
- Monthly reports will be built from reports at weekly meetings and mailing list reports
3. Weekly Updates
- Scott has received feedback from 5 users on Sabyon, it works for 3 users and not for the other 2, big improvement from getting feedback from 0 users
- LTSP upstream handbook now up to 84 pages, Edubuntu handbook will be updated from there
- LTSP doc is in need of internationalisation, contact Scott if you're interested in helping out, especially if you have some Yelp experience
4. General Discussion
- Michael and Michelle Hall from Qimo joined the meeting and we had a brief discussion on getting Qimo packages into Ubuntu
- Jonathan will work with Michael to get the Qimo desktop setup from a skeleton home directory to Xfce XDG settings.
- If possible, we'll try to ship Qimo packages on the Edubuntu disc as well.
5. Next Meeting Time
Next Scheduled Meeting:
- Wednesday, 22 July 2009
- 13:00 UTC (If you live in a country with DST, remember to double-check your local time)
- #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net
6. Post-meeting discussion
We moved to #edubuntu after the meeting was adjourned for general technical discussion. Jonathan will contact Colin Watson to arrange the seeds for generating DVD install Edubuntu media.