Embedded Linux Session 1
- What's embedded Linux?
- What do we want to do with embedded Linux?
- What do we need?
- Mohamed Nour El-Din
- Islam Hassan
- Haitham Al-Ghareeb
- Mahmoud Tantawy
- Ahmed Mamdouh
- Samar Ali
- Osama Mongy
- Anas Emad
- The main steps of developing embedded Linux:
- Compiling the kernel
- Compiling the file system
- Adding utilities to the file system
- Installing the boot loader onto the board
- Deploying the system on the board
We'll make our own embedded Linux edition using tools to automate the process like openEmbedded.
We'll will use a ready made cross compiler like crosstool-ng.
We agreed to study the introduction to Linux command line tutorial from free-electrons.com before the next meeting and download the embedded Linux tutorial that would be used for the rest of the workshop Download both from here.
The next meeting will be either in Offok center in Muhandessin, or, if they didn't agree, a center near Rab'a Al-Adaweya Mosque. The meeting time is next Friday (15/ Jul) at 2 P.M. as indicated in the team's Google calender and loco event.