This is the home page for the Ghanaian Ubuntu Local Community Team. The Ghanaian Team seeks to promote the use of Ubuntu Linux in Ghana, provide localization of Ubuntu Linux into Ghanaian languages as well as to participate in the evolution of the operating system.
- Ghana keyboard maps now included in 6.06!
The Ghana locales under consideration (cross-border languages of trade)
- en_gh (Ghanaian English) - an addendum to English of common Ghanaian names and places
- ak (Akan)
- ee (Ewe)
- ha (Hausa)
Please volunteer to spearhead AND maintain the following goals:
- Support composition in Ghanaian languages (done since 6.06) - Chris Manu
Support Ghana locales in OpenOffice (support language, spell-checking) - partial (Akan done)
- Support Ghana locales in Mozilla Firefox (support language, spell-checking) - non-existent
- IRC: irc.freenode.org #ubuntu-ak
Localization Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org