These internal HP mirrors have been set-up temporary.
Inside AZ-1 : deb http://internal.az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise main restricted universe multiverse deb http://internal.az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise-updates main restricted universe multiverse deb http://internal.az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse deb http://internal.az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise-security main restricted universe multiverse Outside AZ-1: deb http://az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise main restricted universe multiverse deb http://az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise-updates main restricted universe multiverse deb http://az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse deb http://az-1.hpcloud.mirror.websitedevops.com/ubuntu precise-security main restricted universe multiverse
HP Cloud Ubuntu Developer Resources
HP has graciously donated 3 months of computing time to Ubuntu Developers! This is a great contribution so we need to ensure we use it to it's full potential.
This is a pilot/beta testing to give HP feedback on their Ubuntu powered cloud, as well as give Ubuntu developers a chance to familiarize themselves with the cloud, juju, and all the associated tools.
DEADLINE FOR THE FIRST ROUND OF APPLICATIONS IS 3 JUNE - Sorry this is so short notice, we'll be doing applications in batches.
- Application - Eventually we might open this up to general ubuntu membership, for now I'd like to get Ubuntu Developers (MOTU or Core Dev) and people who are actively writing charms to apply.
- If you are neither of those things and are aching to try it, send jorge an email (see below) explaining what you'd like to do with HP Cloud and we'll allow people to apply on a case by case basis.
- Ubuntu Flavors (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Studio, etc.) are usually always short of resources, I'd love to see applications from all those projects.
- We can't guarantee everyone will receive this right away, so we will prioritize based on need and usefulness to Ubuntu and it's flavors.
- We're hoping after this pilot program to expand this to general ubuntu members, local teams, and so on, so hang tight!
Steps to get an account
Sign up for HP Cloud: https://console.hpcloud.com/signup
Get your tenant id from: https://console.hpcloud.com/account/api_keys (You will need to enter a credit card)
Get your account id from: https://console.hpcloud.com/account/miscellaneous
Send a mail to email@example.com with the following information.
- Your Tenant ID and Account ID. (Don't mail Jorge your secret key!!) Note that the Tenet ID doesn't show up on that page until you've clicked on "Activate Now" for one of the availability zones in the Dashboard.
- What you hope to do with HP Cloud and Ubuntu.
- Wait for a response from Jorge/HP.
We'd like to see people using juju on HP Cloud. In order for this to happen we need the OpenStack provider to be rock solid. We're looking for testers, Martin Packman has a branch here: https://code.launchpad.net/~gz/juju/openstack_provider find us on #juju on freenode
We'd like to see Ubuntu developers form best practices on using the cloud instances. So, package builds, anything that you can do that you think will help the project. Though this is only for 3 months, remember that HP Cloud is based on openstack, so having processes in place that run on OpenStack will be reusable.
- This is a significant resource donation from HP, please follow the Code of Conduct and HP's Terms of Service. Please don't do things like running bitcoin/folding, or anything like that, make a judgement call on what's best for Ubuntu.
- You're Ubuntu developers, so you're savvy. Please do your part on reporting issues and bug reports to HP (through their web console) so they see a benefit in donating the instance time.
- Blog/post about what you're doing on HP Cloud. Image builds? Testing? Jenkins? Let the world know!
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the 3 months accounted, is it per account?
- What kind of instances, how many can I run?
- What's the proper way to report a bug found to HP?
- How can I configure Juju for deployment to the HP Cloud?
TBD (On AskUbuntu)