To release Harvest, you need to follow the following steps:
make sure there are no important merge proposals outstanding
update the translations template (./manage.py update-template), commit the change and push it to trunk
- wait until you get a confirmation mail from LP
download the latest translations
pull the newest trunk (lp:harvest)
integrate the newest translations (./manage.py import-translations ~/launchpad-export.tar.gz)
- test the release
- commit the translations, push to lp:harvest
find out current milestone from https://launchpad.net/harvest/+series
./manage.py release <release number> beta
- commit, push to lp:harvest
check out lp:~harvest-dev/harvest/production
merge trunk release into lp:~harvest-dev/harvest/production, push
send mail to rt at ubuntu dot com with this or similar content:
Hello everybody, could you please go and update harvest.ubuntu.com from lp:~harvest-dev/harvest/production? Here's the steps that are involved: on guanabana.canonical.com - cd /srv/harvest.ubuntu.com - bzr pull lp:~harvest-dev/harvest/production - cd harvest/ - ./manage.py compilemessages - (reload apache) Thanks a lot in advance.
- Please make sure additional dependencies, additional steps, etc. need to be document carefully in there.
Hang out in #canonical-sysadmin if the request should take longer.
Create new milestone in current series.
- Once landed, make sure it all works.
Close all bugs of the active milestone.
- Mark current milestone as released.