What is Ubuntu Kylin ?
The objective of the Ubuntu Kylin project is to create a variant of Ubuntu that is more suitable for previous Windows users all over the world. We are committed to provide you with a simpler and more enjoyable experience out-of-the-box. For instance, by providing UKUI Desktop Environment which provide a ‘familiar Windows-style layout’ to windows. Ubuntu Kylin has been a formal member of the Ubuntu family, since Ubuntu Kylin 13.04. Now, we are working on 21.04.
What's new in Ubuntu Kylin 21.04
Same as Ubuntu, Ubuntu Kylin 21.04 includes the 5.11 Linux kernel. This includes numerous updates and added support since the 5.8 Linux kernel released in Ubuntu Kylin 20.10. Some notable examples include:
- Better anonymous memory management to reduce swapping
- New cgroup slab controller which allows sharing of slab memory between groups
- Proactive memory compaction to reduce latency for huge-page allocations under fragmented memory conditions
- Support for running BPF programs on socket lookups
- FSGSBASE support to improve context switch performance on x86 processors
- Support for using Intel SGX to create encrypted enclaves
- Support for running SEV-ES guests under KVM to protect guest register state from the hypervisor
- Support for extended attributes in NFS
- fsync() performance improvements for ext4 and btrfs
- Btrfs performance and data recovery improvements
- io_uring restriction support to facilitate secure sharing of rings to less-trusted processes
- virtio-fs DAX support to improve performance and reduce memory consumption
- Intel Rocketlake and DG1 graphics support
- AMD Vangogh, Green Sardine, and Dimgrey Cavefish graphics support
- New version of themes with lots of icons updated.
- Adjust the slideshow for 21.04.
- New settings daemon rewritten using Qt.
- New power management, rewritten some components using Qt.
- Fix some crash errors in kylin-video.
- Fix some bugs in control center.
- Fix the bug that menu cannot be popped up.
- Fix the bug caused by UKUITaskBarIcon.
The Release ISO can be downloaded from here.
Project page: http://www.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
Bug tracker: http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
IRC channel: irc.freenode.net #ubuntukylin-devel
Mailing list: ubuntukylin-devel
- Chinese QQ Group:
- Developers: 125729037
- Users 1: 262012757
- Users 2: 306929327
- Users 3: 75642661
- Users 4: 398104181
- Users 5: 8010855
Business Email: email@example.com
Below is the list of prominent bugs that are existing in 21.04:
LP: #1925257, #1925443, #1925447, #1925450
For issues related to Ubuntu itself, please refer to the Ubuntu project at Launchpad.
Thanks to Anthony, Aron, Cyphermox, Simon, RikMills and others who involving in the development of Ubuntu Kylin, the success of Ubuntu Kylin 21.04 would the result of our joint efforts. If you want to be a contributor of Ubuntu Kylin,see: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin/NewContributorGuide and https://developer.ubuntukylin.com.