Meeting started by coolbhavi at 15:26:05 UTC. The full logs are available at http://mootbot.libertus.co.uk/ubuntu-in/2011/ubuntu-in.2011-02-04-15.26.log.txt .
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam/Agenda (coolbhavi, 15:28:34) LINK: http://justanothertriager.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/ubuntu-developer-day/ (nigelb, 15:32:11) LINK: (AbhijiT, 15:32:32) LINK: http://hardik.in/2011/02/03/a-coverage-of-ubuntu-developer-day-bangalore-india/ (nigelb, 15:32:34) LINK: http://hardik.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/20110203114127_01272011483.jpg << Usually how UDS looks as well (shadeslayer, 15:34:00) LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam (AbhijiT, 15:40:23)
- Reach out to and encourage current loco members to participate in community events
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek (m4n1sh, 16:08:38)
- Start planning to organise Global Jam, either in-person or online
- More publicity to the meetings
- next chair of meeting
Meeting ended at 16:29:57 UTC.
- nigelb and m4n1sh to take python/vala sessions
- For: 10 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
- people to attend/give seminars in colleges and other places and try to get people involved and keep them documented
- For: 9 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
- geekosopher to chair next
- For: 7 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
People present (lines said)
- m4n1sh (126)
- AbhijiT (122)
- coolbhavi (94)
- shadeslayer (53)
- meetingology (47)
- nigelb (40)
- geekosopher (35)
- pksadiq (30)
- Bipul` (28)
- arjunaraoc (10)
- A-R-R (8)
- ray1claw (8)
- akshatj (6)
- arjunak01 (1)
15:26:05 <coolbhavi> #startmeeting
15:26:05 <meetingology> Useful Commands: #topic #action #link #idea #voters #vote #chair #action #agreed #help #info #endmeeting.
15:26:05 <pksadiq> coolbhavi: yes, let us
15:26:16 <Bipul`> am i indian thats why i got banned from ubuntu is that a reasone ? 15:26:33 * AbhijiT sits tight. Its his 1st ubuntu m,eeting of life!
15:26:46 <pksadiq> Bipul`: if you control your language , no one would be against you
15:26:57 <Bipul`> aree show me the logs
15:26:58 <pksadiq> AbhijiT: and so me too
15:26:58 <AbhijiT> Bipul`, if you have any complaints then please take it to #ubuntu-ops
15:27:00 <coolbhavi> Bipul`, please discuss this after meeting ends
15:27:02 <shadeslayer> Bipul`: calm down, take a break, come back in 15 minutes
15:27:05 <Bipul`> whear i have said any offensive language
15:27:08 <Bipul`> i will leav IRC
15:27:11 <geekosopher> Bipul`: please drop the topic for now, we are in to the meeting
15:27:12 <Bipul`> if i found
15:27:26 <Bipul`> ok
15:27:37 <coolbhavi> nigelb, geekosopher hey so whats on the agenda today?
15:27:49 <geekosopher> link here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam/Agenda
15:28:34 <coolbhavi> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam/Agenda
15:29:15 <m4n1sh> nigelb: ping
15:29:18 <coolbhavi> okay 1st up how was the UDD that happened a few days back?
15:29:27 <coolbhavi> hey m4n1sh
15:29:28 <nigelb> m4n1sh: pong
15:29:34 <nigelb> The UDD was great
15:29:36 <geekosopher> should we pass the muster first? 15:29:50 * AbhijiT present!
15:30:23 <coolbhavi> geekosopher, there are 28 present in this channel now
15:30:33 <m4n1sh> ray1claw: lut4rp meeting is going to start
15:30:51 <coolbhavi> m4n1sh, already started mate
15:31:01 <geekosopher> lol
15:31:09 <ray1claw> m4n1sh: ?
15:31:17 <m4n1sh> #ubuntu-in meeting
15:31:29 <ray1claw> what meeting?
15:31:30 <coolbhavi> nigelb, please share your experiences if any in detail
15:31:34 <geekosopher> can't believe we started the meeting in India before time!
15:31:42 <shadeslayer> hahahaha
15:31:46 <m4n1sh> lol
15:31:55 <nigelb> I'd written a detailed blog post about my UDD experience
15:32:01 <AbhijiT> geekosopher, that same thing i was goign to say!
15:32:02 <pksadiq> is this to be called as meeting?
15:32:05 <nigelb> and so did Harik
15:32:11 <nigelb> #link http://justanothertriager.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/ubuntu-developer-day/
15:32:14 <m4n1sh> pksadiq: yes. We cant physically meet
15:32:24 <ray1claw> what is it about anyways?
15:32:24 <m4n1sh> pksadiq: sitting next to next is not possible
15:32:32 <AbhijiT> #link
15:32:34 <nigelb> #link http://hardik.in/2011/02/03/a-coverage-of-ubuntu-developer-day-bangalore-india/
15:32:36 <AbhijiT> oh
15:32:36 <m4n1sh> ray1claw: monthly meeting of #ubuntu-in
15:32:45 <ray1claw> m4n1sh: okay
15:32:47 <coolbhavi> thats great! I missed the udd
15:32:51 <m4n1sh> me too
15:33:10 <pksadiq> m4n1sh: k
15:33:10 <geekosopher> I think I should link hardik's link in the report too
15:33:22 <m4n1sh> Hardik works on what in Canonical?
15:33:23 <pksadiq> what is udd?
15:33:26 <AbhijiT> i have something to say...........
15:33:33 <m4n1sh> pksadiq: Ubuntu Developer Day
15:33:36 <m4n1sh> AbhijiT: go on
15:33:47 <AbhijiT> all add yourself here : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_167372966632557&ap=1
15:33:54 <AbhijiT> Ubuntu LoCo team on fb
15:34:00 <shadeslayer> http://hardik.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/20110203114127_01272011483.jpg << Usually how UDS looks as well
15:34:24 <coolbhavi> shadeslayer,
15:34:51 <shadeslayer> of course i mean ... 10 minutes before it's supposed to start
15:35:30 <coolbhavi> shadeslayer, I was a bit early in typing the command I guess
15:35:32 <coolbhavi> :P
15:35:41 <arjunaraoc> I just joined fb.
15:35:51 <AbhijiT> arjunaraoc, add yourself to that team
15:36:03 <arjunaraoc> I mean I joined the team.
15:36:05 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, have you eat full?
15:36:17 <m4n1sh> and people please keep other updated with the latest news by posting relevant info on that group
15:36:24 <coolbhavi> AbhijiT, ofcourse mate
15:36:40 <arjunaraoc> Sure.
15:36:41 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, ok. i thought the reason you came early..............
15:36:42 <AbhijiT> :P
15:36:54 <coolbhavi> AbhijiT,
15:36:55 <pksadiq> how much time does this meet extends? an hour? or more?
15:37:08 <AbhijiT> hour i think?
15:37:18 <m4n1sh> yes
15:37:26 <m4n1sh> so are we done with this topic?
15:37:33 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, next time onwards post any such metting or event detail in that fb team
15:37:43 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, like today you posted it in mailist list. like that
15:37:49 <A-R-R> Yay, my first attendance in the meet. Hopefully my hostel net won't give in
15:37:55 <coolbhavi> AbhijiT, sure mate
15:37:59 <geekosopher> AbhijiT: I posted a reminder yesterday on the list
15:38:03 <coolbhavi> welcome A-R-R
15:38:09 <AbhijiT> geekosopher, when? i ddnt seen it!
15:38:13 <pksadiq> don't , first give preference to ubuntu site and then launchpad and so on..
15:38:31 <geekosopher> on ubuntu-in mailing list, no one received it?
15:38:44 <AbhijiT> geekosopher, i only recieved from coolbhavi
15:38:45 <m4n1sh> geekosopher: I got it
15:38:47 <pksadiq> nigelb: are you here?
15:38:53 <nigelb> yes
15:39:04 <geekosopher> AbhijiT: time to check your spam filters? :P
15:39:13 <pksadiq> nigelb: hope you are malayali, isn't it?
15:39:23 <nigelb> People. we're moving off-topic.
15:39:26 <coolbhavi> okay if we are done with the topic lets move on
15:39:30 <m4n1sh> yes
15:39:34 <m4n1sh> next topic please
15:39:34 <geekosopher> sure
15:39:34 <AbhijiT> geekosopher, nope. i got properly mail of coolbhavi in mailist list
15:39:38 <pksadiq> nigelb: ok, lets fix to the topic
15:39:53 <ray1claw> so what is the topic?
15:40:03 <AbhijiT> global jam
15:40:04 <shadeslayer> yeah :P 15:40:07 * AbhijiT thinks
15:40:15 <m4n1sh> when is Global Jam?
15:40:22 <shadeslayer> what happened to "Conferences happening -- nigelbabu 2011-02-03 06:38:04"
15:40:22 <coolbhavi> geekosopher, how do you plan to get more people involved in community?
15:40:23 <AbhijiT> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
15:40:32 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, shortcut! :p
15:40:43 <geekosopher> that is what I wanted to bring to discussion today
15:40:43 <nigelb> AbhijiT: Please don't cut the chair.
15:40:46 <AbhijiT> hey sorry only chair has right to declare topic
15:40:49 <AbhijiT> nigelb, sorry
15:40:57 <pksadiq> IndianTeam/TODO is updated on 2008? then what happened?
15:41:00 <nigelb> Let coolbhavi chair the meeting please.
15:41:12 <AbhijiT> people involvement in comunity - i have again something to say
15:41:13 <geekosopher> being a big country, it will be difficult to organise a single event anywhere
15:41:37 <m4n1sh> geekosopher: we can do it in a distributed way
15:41:40 <m4n1sh> at our places
15:41:42 <coolbhavi> nigelb, so please explain geekosopher about your plans
15:41:43 <AbhijiT> i am giving seminar on FOSS (in that ubuntu) in front of students and my teachers. and i am plannign to distribute free ubuntu cds also
15:41:43 <m4n1sh> being on this IRC channel
15:41:48 <AbhijiT> this is i am involving them
15:42:07 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, ^
15:42:08 <nigelb> Ok
15:42:36 <m4n1sh> AbhijiT: set up a wiki page about your plans. Ask comments on it. That is one good way
15:42:37 <nigelb> Just wanted to announce the various conferences coming up
15:42:43 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: oh btw send a mail to shipit for the CD's
15:42:49 <nigelb> First we have the conf.kde happening in Bangalore
15:42:55 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, you checked my todays mail in ubuntu in list?
15:43:01 <coolbhavi> nigelb, +1
15:43:02 <AbhijiT> nigelb, ok
15:43:04 <Bipul`> can i say some thing
15:43:06 <nigelb> I belive shadeslayer is flying down to Bangalore and probahly a few more people
15:43:08 <pksadiq> many of my friends are about to mock at me and I have got a nice nick at my college "Linux" and also some calls me "Ubuntu"
15:43:08 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: the one requesting CD's
15:43:12 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, yes
15:43:14 <shadeslayer> yep
15:43:17 <shadeslayer> i am
15:43:19 <AbhijiT> Bipul`, only if related to the meeting
15:43:27 <nigelb> so, if you're interested, please look at the conf.kde.in website (correct me if the url is wrong)
15:43:27 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: yep ... contact shipit
15:43:31 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, what you suggest? how many to order?
15:43:33 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, okay
15:43:40 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: pm
15:43:41 <AbhijiT> nigelb, Bipul` is coming to kde.conf
15:43:46 <Bipul`> it's related to promoting ubuntu
15:43:47 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, yah
15:43:50 <nigelb> AbhijiT, shadeslayer: Please keep chatter for after the meeting.
15:43:50 <AbhijiT> Bipul`, go ahead
15:43:53 <m4n1sh> I would be coming to kde conf
15:43:58 <shadeslayer> nigelb: yep ...
15:43:58 <Bipul`> yes i will be there in kde
15:44:08 <m4n1sh> shadeslayer is giving a talk
15:44:08 <nigelb> We also have gnome.asia summit happening, again in Bangalore
15:44:15 <geekosopher> nigelb: there used to be a way to bring items from the agenda one by one, right?
15:44:19 <Bipul`> why dont we conduct a workshop or seminar here in in all university and colleges to aware a programmes for FOSS and OPen source OS specially ubuntu.. there is great scope
15:44:20 <m4n1sh> it has 3 days of private hackfest at Intel office
15:44:22 <shadeslayer> righto
15:44:22 <nigelb> geekosopher: yes
15:44:25 <nigelb> coolbhavi: see PM
15:44:39 <coolbhavi> nigelb, saw
15:44:41 <m4n1sh> Bipul`: on topic please
15:44:53 <m4n1sh> gnome.asia has 2 days open for public
15:44:55 <pksadiq> AbhijiT: please don't use the ubuntu shipit for a very large number of people if they are near you, instead just give a copy , just don't exploit Ubuntu shipit resources
15:45:09 <AbhijiT> pksadiq, hmm
15:45:17 <nigelb> ok, any questions on the conference topic?
15:45:18 <Bipul`> AbhijiT, check my pm
15:45:19 <m4n1sh> people, can we discuss on upcoming conferences. Please keep shitit etc out
15:45:28 <m4n1sh> shipit
15:45:32 <AbhijiT> nigelb, no
15:45:44 <m4n1sh> anyone attending last 2 days of gnome.asia ?
15:45:49 <nigelb> o/
15:45:54 <nigelb> Not sure yet, but I intend to.
15:45:55 <arjunaraoc> o/
15:46:03 <m4n1sh> o/
15:46:19 <shadeslayer> there's also http://gnunify.in/
15:46:22 <AbhijiT> i wll attend next y3ar
15:46:24 <shadeslayer> and FOSSKriti
15:46:30 <m4n1sh> gnuify in Pune?
15:46:35 <geekosopher> so can we have some volunteers report about the events they are attending?
15:46:38 <shadeslayer> but i have no confirmation if FOSSKriti is taking place
15:46:59 <ray1claw> anything happening in Delhi?
15:47:08 <nigelb> ok, lets move on to next item on the list. coolbhavi ?
15:47:14 <coolbhavi> yes
15:47:37 <m4n1sh> so what is next topic?
15:47:49 <nigelb> coolbhavi: use the bot this time for topic.
15:47:55 <ray1claw> question: anything happening in Delhi? talks and such?
15:48:09 <akshatj> eek, I am late
15:48:10 <m4n1sh> I thought osscamp. But I think it is done
15:48:11 <pksadiq> nigelb: if you are at kerala and if you would like to do something good for FOSS and so on , I would like to invite you to my college for the TEchnofest at lakshya11.org
15:48:12 <geekosopher> ray1claw: please wait for coolbhavi to announce the next topic
15:48:12 <A-R-R> shadeslayer, thanks for notfiying about gnunify
15:48:19 <coolbhavi> #topic Reach out to and encourage current loco members to participate in community events
15:48:19 <meetingology> TOPIC: Reach out to and encourage current loco members to participate in community events
15:48:20 <m4n1sh> akshatj: never mind. Topic is "Upcoming conferences"
15:48:21 <ray1claw> geekosopher: ok
15:48:47 <coolbhavi> so geekosopher what are your ideas?
15:49:16 <m4n1sh> community events like? please give some examples?
15:49:25 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, geekosopher i am interested in giving presentation and seminars if you want that help
15:49:41 <AbhijiT> m4n1sh, e.g. gnuinfy
15:49:48 <geekosopher> I was thinking of communicating with them to get involved, letting them know that we are here
15:49:50 <coolbhavi> and we need to streamline this stuff 15:49:59 * geekosopher doesn't know how though
15:50:00 <pksadiq> any ubuntu-in sms groups? may be at google sms channel, for reporting updates, meeting times etc ( sorry if it's insane)
15:50:19 <geekosopher> m4n1sh: like this meeting itself
15:50:24 <shadeslayer> um
15:50:26 <coolbhavi> i.e organise that who is willing to take what
15:50:26 <shadeslayer> pksadiq: bad idea
15:50:47 <pksadiq> shadeslayer: k, never mind
15:50:54 <shadeslayer> you think people would like to subscribe to it, but in reality it's just annoying to have SMS's dropping in
15:51:11 <m4n1sh> we should also take part in global ubuntu events
15:51:22 <m4n1sh> like how coolbhavi taught packaging in user days
15:51:34 <m4n1sh> we have GlobalJam coming
15:51:36 <m4n1sh> we can help there
15:51:51 <coolbhavi> so people can we vote on AbhijiT idea as well as m4n1sh
15:51:53 <geekosopher> that is the next topic in agenda
15:51:53 <pksadiq> shadeslayer:not saying about wach and every people, but only for the members here who are interested in this meeting etc
15:52:08 <A-R-R> I am forming a foss club in my college. Getting the interested to get more involed.
15:52:08 <coolbhavi> to have a resolution sort of
15:52:14 <pksadiq> each*
15:52:36 <AbhijiT> just a min guys
15:52:45 <coolbhavi> okay
15:53:02 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, geekosopher shadeslayer i whould like your help to form a LUG/LoCo on the occasion of my seminar here in my city
15:53:18 <geekosopher> AbhijiT: which city?
15:53:20 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: sure go ahead ... but how do you plan to attract members
15:53:21 <AbhijiT> how to create mailistlist irc etc
15:53:25 <AbhijiT> geekosopher, Panvel
15:53:32 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, i told naa
15:53:35 <coolbhavi> AbhijiT, if its on weekends then yes
15:53:43 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, i will announce that in seminar so all will know
15:53:44 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: looking at backlog
15:53:47 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, ok
15:53:47 <m4n1sh> AbhijiT: creating mailing list is not an issue. Getting people involved is
15:53:48 <shadeslayer> righto
15:53:55 <AbhijiT> m4n1sh, ok 15:53:56 * shadeslayer is a bit distracted ...
15:54:05 <geekosopher> AbhijiT: you can count on me to do the background stuff
15:54:09 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, dont read back log just be here
15:54:13 <AbhijiT> geekosopher, thanks
15:54:31 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: but one thing, people come to any societies/groups when they get something out of it
15:54:31 <arjunaraoc> Open source projects would be a greatway to motivate people towards FOSS and then Ubuntu.
15:54:38 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, yeah
15:54:43 <shadeslayer> what can *you* offer that will attract them
15:54:57 <shadeslayer> i've tried it at my college, it didn't work out
15:55:00 <AbhijiT> yeah i wll keep that in mind
15:55:05 <AbhijiT> ok
15:55:07 <shadeslayer> yep
15:55:14 <coolbhavi> so can we vote on a consensus now
15:55:17 <coolbhavi> ?
15:55:19 <m4n1sh> yes
15:55:23 <shadeslayer> so you need to have workshops/seminars consistently
15:55:36 <m4n1sh> yes. Dont be very geeky from start
15:55:46 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, what is consensus? how to vote?
15:55:50 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, sure
15:56:00 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: good luck then
15:56:02 <m4n1sh> AbhijiT: coolbhavi will start the vote. The instructions will be given
15:56:05 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer,
15:56:09 <AbhijiT> m4n1sh, ok
15:56:17 <m4n1sh> coolbhavi: start the vote
15:56:17 <shadeslayer> what are we voting on? P
15:56:18 <shadeslayer> :P
15:56:26 <AbhijiT> something called consensus!
15:56:36 <coolbhavi> #vote people to attend/give seminars in colleges and other places and try to get people involved and keep them documented
15:56:36 <meetingology> Please vote on: people to attend/give seminars in colleges and other places and try to get people involved and keep them documented
15:56:36 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
15:57:07 <AbhijiT> +1
15:57:07 <meetingology> +1 received from AbhijiT
15:57:09 <m4n1sh> +1
15:57:09 <meetingology> +1 received from m4n1sh
15:57:12 <Bipul`> +1
15:57:12 <meetingology> +1 received from Bipul`
15:57:14 <geekosopher> +1 to AbhijiT
15:57:15 <shadeslayer> +1
15:57:15 <meetingology> +1 received from shadeslayer
15:57:15 <coolbhavi> +1
15:57:15 <meetingology> +1 received from coolbhavi
15:57:19 <pksadiq> +1
15:57:19 <meetingology> +1 received from pksadiq
15:57:23 <geekosopher> oops
15:57:25 <arjunak01> +1
15:57:25 <meetingology> +1 received from arjunak01
15:57:26 <geekosopher> +1
15:57:26 <meetingology> +1 received from geekosopher
15:57:29 <shadeslayer> subject to the requirement that they are conducted routinely
15:57:38 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer,
15:57:39 <shadeslayer> s/requirement/condition
15:57:41 <m4n1sh> and people should document what happened and the mistakes
15:57:42 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, i am conducting!
15:57:45 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, very soon!
15:57:47 <shadeslayer> yep
15:57:48 <m4n1sh> or it is useless without introspection
15:57:50 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: where?
15:57:50 <coolbhavi> nigelb,
15:57:58 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, in my college i am giving seminar
15:58:03 <A-R-R> +1
15:58:03 <meetingology> +1 received from A-R-R
15:58:09 <AbhijiT> yeah and i wll document it and tell to you all
15:58:12 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: panvel?
15:58:15 <arjunaraoc> We need some integrated plan. just workshops/seminars won't be that useful otherwise.
15:58:16 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, yes
15:58:22 <Bipul`> in my college i am also teaching my faculty to beggine with ubuntu (linux)
15:58:23 <coolbhavi> thats it?
15:58:26 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: pics or it didn't happen :P
15:58:29 <AbhijiT> arjunaraoc, e.g.?
15:58:33 <arjunaraoc> Tie up with GSOC like contests.
15:58:34 <geekosopher> nigelb: is a passivie attendee today
15:58:41 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, amm???? what pics?
15:58:50 <coolbhavi> #endvote
15:58:50 <meetingology> Voting ended on: people to attend/give seminars in colleges and other places and try to get people involved and keep them documented
15:58:50 <meetingology> Votes for:9 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
15:58:50 <meetingology> Motion carried
15:58:54 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: pics from the seminar
15:59:03 <AbhijiT> Bipul`, has already conducted seminar. he should document it and submit. coolbhavi
15:59:11 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, oh yah sure will try
15:59:18 <coolbhavi> Bipul`,
15:59:22 <nigelb> geekosopher: distracted with work.
15:59:29 <pksadiq> I demotivate others using M$ saying that it's like stealing 3000 or more if using pirated, and diverts them to OSS, ( I said already)
15:59:33 <m4n1sh> the second proposal was "involvement of loco in ubuntu global events"
15:59:34 <coolbhavi> i think you ll do the same
15:59:37 <Bipul`> coolbhavi, i just presentated a presentation on Linux
15:59:48 <Bipul`> in august 2010
15:59:49 <geekosopher> Bipul`: whenever you conduct a seminar or something, its a good idea to tell about it to the mailing list
16:00:00 <coolbhavi> m4n1sh, shall we vote on that?
16:00:03 <Bipul`> geekosopher, ok i will tell them
16:00:13 <m4n1sh> coolbhavi: discussion first 16:00:15 * akshatj releases m4n1sh on pksadiq for using M$
16:00:16 <m4n1sh> which events
16:00:28 <m4n1sh> Global Jam
16:00:36 <coolbhavi> UDS
16:00:47 <m4n1sh> yes, I would be apply for sponorship this time
16:01:02 <coolbhavi> m4n1sh, great mate
16:01:06 <m4n1sh> if I get sponsorship, will document it
16:01:09 <geekosopher> coolbhavi: global jam will happen before UDS
16:01:24 <m4n1sh> UDS is in May I think
16:01:38 <geekosopher> UGJ on 1-3 april
16:01:44 <m4n1sh> so UDS is later
16:01:48 <coolbhavi> geekosopher, yes but we are discussing global prespective mate
16:02:02 <geekosopher> UGJ = Ubuntu Global Jam
16:02:10 <m4n1sh> another idea, how about some python/vala classroom sessions conducted by us?
16:02:23 <nigelb> m4n1sh: +1
16:02:29 <geekosopher> m4n1sh: sure
16:02:31 <m4n1sh> I am in for Python and C#
16:02:37 <m4n1sh> I know these 2 langs
16:02:48 <nigelb> m4n1sh: ok, you asked for it. You're doing a UDW session.
16:02:48 <A-R-R> m4n1sh, Python all the way
16:02:57 <AbhijiT> neena, what is udw?
16:02:58 <coolbhavi> m4n1sh, so are you going to take up this?
16:03:06 <A-R-R> AbhijiT, ubuntu developer week
16:03:06 <AbhijiT> oh
16:03:10 <m4n1sh> coolbhavi: yes I can. Just is someone else knowing python is there.
16:03:11 <AbhijiT> ok
16:03:21 <m4n1sh> I can handle C# alone
16:03:27 <m4n1sh> but for Python need 1 person more
16:03:43 <m4n1sh> nigelb: you can come for python too? shadeslayer ?
16:03:50 <AbhijiT> nigelb, is that ufw takes place on irc?
16:03:56 <m4n1sh> AbhijiT: yes
16:03:59 <AbhijiT> ok
16:04:01 <m4n1sh> udw
16:04:03 <shadeslayer> erm
16:04:07 <shadeslayer> never handled python
16:04:07 <akshatj> m4n1sh: I want to learn both of them
16:04:09 <m4n1sh> when is next udw?
16:04:09 <AbhijiT> lol ufw!
16:04:16 <m4n1sh> who else knows python here?
16:04:16 <shadeslayer> and i'd like to keep away from it
16:04:22 <nigelb> m4n1sh: I can
16:04:22 <m4n1sh> shadeslayer: which lang is your fav?
16:04:25 <m4n1sh> nigelb: great
16:04:25 <shadeslayer> like i'm keeping away from Java
16:04:31 <geekosopher> udw=uds?
16:04:35 <m4n1sh> nope
16:04:38 <pksadiq> it's nice to here that IT @ school at kerala has changed programming language n syllabus to python from QBASIC upto 10th standard @ every schools
16:04:40 <shadeslayer> m4n1sh: C++ + STL + Qt/KDE API's
16:04:44 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, why?
16:04:45 <m4n1sh> ubutu developer week is a week of IRC sessions
16:04:48 <AbhijiT> geekosopher, nope
16:04:54 <m4n1sh> UDS = Ubuntu Developer Summit. Happens in person
16:05:01 <nigelb> And remote.
16:05:04 <m4n1sh> yes
16:05:07 <shadeslayer> AbhijiT: too much is b0rked with python
16:05:11 <m4n1sh> both. UDW is only on IRC
16:05:22 <coolbhavi> m4n1sh, we can ask some of the MOTU's or devs from pythoniasts to take a session then
16:05:24 <shadeslayer> im going to try and write qt-language-selector in C++ at some point in the future
16:05:25 <Bipul`> pksadiq, that's good you know if we email to CBSE director and state board director
16:05:26 <m4n1sh> so I can take C# classes alone and python with nigelb
16:05:26 <AbhijiT> pksadiq, i will like the link of kerala govt and kerala school/college syllabus regarding implementation of linux and foss
16:05:29 <pksadiq> m4n1sh: if you have a symbian phone you can also try pys60 on your phone, very handy
16:05:29 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, ok
16:05:43 <Bipul`> about this to add in there syllabus about the importance of FOSS
16:05:51 <Bipul`> that will be awsome.
16:05:54 <A-R-R> m4n1sh, I know python. But I think it will be too early to help on a session for me :P
16:06:01 <m4n1sh> pksadiq: Bipul`: topic please
16:06:17 <Bipul`> AbhijiT, pm
16:06:20 <m4n1sh> so I think we can ask some MOTU for helping us with Python sessions
16:06:21 <Bipul`> check the pm
16:06:28 <geekosopher> extremely sorry to interupt all you guys, but I have to leave
16:06:39 <AbhijiT> Bipul`, yes
16:06:43 <coolbhavi> nigelb, are you going to handle python classes?
16:06:46 <geekosopher> so can we have a vote on if I can continue with team reporting next month?
16:06:49 <m4n1sh> gaurav: no probs
16:06:49 <Bipul`> check mine pm
16:06:57 <nigelb> coolbhavi: I'll be helping m4n1sh with python classes
16:06:59 <Bipul`> m4n1sh, i dont get you ?
16:07:10 <coolbhavi> so shall we vote?
16:07:12 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, see what gaurav is asking
16:07:13 <m4n1sh> Bipul`: I mean stay on topic
16:07:16 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, yes
16:07:35 <Bipul`> m4n1sh, ok
16:07:46 <m4n1sh> when is UDW ?
16:08:08 <m4n1sh> dates?
16:08:31 <m4n1sh> Feb 28th
16:08:38 <m4n1sh> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek
16:09:02 <geekosopher> coolbhavi: please see my pm
16:09:16 <m4n1sh> okay. So shall we go ahead with the vote?
16:09:20 <coolbhavi> #vote nigelb and m4n1sh to take python/vala sessions
16:09:20 <meetingology> Please vote on: nigelb and m4n1sh to take python/vala sessions
16:09:20 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
16:09:34 <GauravButola> where will UDW be held?
16:09:37 <AbhijiT> +1 for vala (not for python)
16:09:37 <A-R-R> +1
16:09:37 <meetingology> +1 received from A-R-R
16:09:38 <geekosopher> +1
16:09:38 <meetingology> +1 received from geekosopher
16:09:42 <coolbhavi> +1
16:09:42 <meetingology> +1 received from coolbhavi
16:09:42 <AbhijiT> ohh
16:09:43 <AbhijiT> +1
16:09:43 <meetingology> +1 received from AbhijiT
16:09:44 <m4n1sh> +1
16:09:44 <meetingology> +1 received from m4n1sh
16:09:51 <Bipul`> +1
16:09:51 <meetingology> +1 received from Bipul`
16:10:04 <AbhijiT> but i wanted to note that i dont vote for python i vote for vala?
16:10:11 <m4n1sh> GauravButola: on IRC #ubuntu-classroom and #ubuntu-classroom-chat
16:10:11 <pksadiq> +1
16:10:11 <meetingology> +1 received from pksadiq
16:10:23 <coolbhavi> nigelb,
16:10:29 <nigelb> +1
16:10:29 <meetingology> +1 received from nigelb
16:10:29 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, ^
16:10:53 <coolbhavi> so anymore left?
16:10:59 <AbhijiT> no
16:11:04 <akshatj> +1
16:11:04 <meetingology> +1 received from akshatj
16:11:12 <m4n1sh> shadeslayer: ping
16:11:18 <m4n1sh> your vote?
16:11:28 <AbhijiT> m4n1sh, vala
16:11:35 <arjunaraoc> I am not keen in voting at this time.
16:11:42 <m4n1sh> I am more of Python and C# person
16:11:47 <m4n1sh> lets see what all we can get done
16:11:51 <m4n1sh> will try my best
16:11:54 <arjunaraoc> Do you really need to vote on each topic? can we work towards consensus
16:11:56 <AbhijiT> ok
16:12:03 <shadeslayer> oh
16:12:09 <shadeslayer> +1
16:12:09 <meetingology> +1 received from shadeslayer
16:12:21 <m4n1sh> arjunaraoc: actually these things are action items and not votes
16:12:34 <coolbhavi> arjunaraoc,
16:12:40 <arjunaraoc> i see.
16:13:07 <m4n1sh> coolbhavi: I think all done
16:13:10 <m4n1sh> all votes
16:13:17 <coolbhavi> #endvote
16:13:17 <meetingology> Voting ended on: nigelb and m4n1sh to take python/vala sessions
16:13:17 <meetingology> Votes for:10 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
16:13:17 <meetingology> Motion carried
16:13:29 <m4n1sh> so next topic?
16:13:53 <coolbhavi> #topic Start planning to organise Global Jam, either in-person or online
16:13:53 <meetingology> TOPIC: Start planning to organise Global Jam, either in-person or online
16:14:26 <AbhijiT> i regulary there in bug squad so i will continue the same in global jam
16:14:36 <coolbhavi> I think this is best discussed on mailing list rather
16:14:38 <m4n1sh> I am in. We can meet on IRC on bugsquad and do it
16:14:56 <m4n1sh> global jam also involves packaging
16:15:00 <m4n1sh> so i can learn packaging too
16:15:18 <AbhijiT> global jam is not for learning/teaching?
16:15:23 <AbhijiT> its for working , i think?
16:15:31 <m4n1sh> learning and working
16:15:35 <AbhijiT> oh
16:15:37 <m4n1sh> a good time to learn by looking at others
16:15:42 <AbhijiT> ok
16:15:52 <coolbhavi> yes but the planning can be done on ML I think to reach out better I guess
16:15:57 <m4n1sh> yes
16:15:58 <m4n1sh> true
16:16:03 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, ok np
16:16:12 <m4n1sh> so we can move to next topic?
16:16:25 <AbhijiT> i always be there in classroom to encourage speaker!
16:16:33 <coolbhavi> #topic More publicity to the meetings
16:16:33 <meetingology> TOPIC: More publicity to the meetings
16:16:53 <AbhijiT> how?
16:17:06 <m4n1sh> People don't look much interested
16:17:08 <nigelb> o/
16:17:08 <m4n1sh> nigelb: ping
16:17:15 <coolbhavi> m4n1sh, I think facebook posting helps
16:17:18 <nigelb> Well, we've been having meetings for 2 months
16:17:26 <m4n1sh> nigelb: yes, but still
16:17:29 <nigelb> and it would be nice if we could tweet, and post on fb about the meetings
16:17:35 <m4n1sh> yes
16:17:36 <AbhijiT> ok
16:17:40 <m4n1sh> starting 24 hrs before
16:17:41 <nigelb> there were 2 reminders to the list about this too
16:17:47 <AbhijiT> one more imp thing
16:17:56 <m4n1sh> ask
16:17:59 <coolbhavi> yes go on
16:18:06 <AbhijiT> add all your 'potential' or already ubuntu using friends to that fb group
16:18:14 <AbhijiT> i see that no one added much friends.
16:18:37 <m4n1sh> I will add a few
16:18:41 <coolbhavi> sure I ve sent them a request
16:18:57 <AbhijiT> yeah
16:19:20 <coolbhavi> so is there anymore on this topic left?
16:19:26 <nigelb> No
16:19:29 <AbhijiT> no
16:19:47 <coolbhavi> #topic next chair of meeting
16:19:47 <meetingology> TOPIC: next chair of meeting
16:20:10 <coolbhavi> geekosopher has proposed his candidature
16:20:11 <m4n1sh> I propose nigelb
16:20:16 <m4n1sh> than geekosopher
16:20:18 <m4n1sh> then
16:20:21 <AbhijiT> ok
16:20:22 <m4n1sh> then geekosopher is better
16:20:25 <AbhijiT> geekosopher,
16:20:27 <m4n1sh> lets give people chance
16:20:53 <coolbhavi> nigelb, your views?
16:20:59 <coolbhavi> shadeslayer,
16:21:07 <m4n1sh> akshatj: ping
16:21:14 <AbhijiT> pksadiq,
16:21:17 <m4n1sh> Bipul`:
16:21:23 <AbhijiT> whre all gone?
16:21:28 <shadeslayer> hmm?
16:21:30 <shadeslayer> ah
16:21:31 <nigelb> o/
16:21:36 <AbhijiT> shadeslayer, vote for next speaker
16:21:37 <nigelb> I can chair
16:21:38 <pksadiq> Hm
16:21:43 <shadeslayer> me and nigelb are a bit occupied :P
16:21:46 <m4n1sh> geekosopher: ping
16:22:07 <m4n1sh> akshatj looks away in empathy
16:22:10 <m4n1sh> probably he is away
16:22:17 <coolbhavi> since geekosopher proposed his candidature
16:22:25 <coolbhavi> we ll vote on it
16:22:30 <AbhijiT> coolbhavi, wherre and when he proposted?
16:22:37 <AbhijiT> just wanted to know
16:22:44 <coolbhavi> sorry, I have to leave right now, can we have a quick vote on who continues with team reporting for ext month?
16:22:48 <coolbhavi> in pm
16:22:53 <AbhijiT> okay
16:23:13 <coolbhavi> #vote geekosopher to chair next
16:23:13 <meetingology> Please vote on: geekosopher to chair next
16:23:13 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
16:23:20 <m4n1sh> +1
16:23:20 <meetingology> +1 received from m4n1sh
16:23:22 <AbhijiT> +1
16:23:22 <meetingology> +1 received from AbhijiT
16:23:35 <coolbhavi> nigelb,
16:23:38 <coolbhavi> shadeslayer,
16:23:45 <shadeslayer> +1
16:23:45 <meetingology> +1 received from shadeslayer
16:23:46 <Bipul`> +1
16:23:46 <meetingology> +1 received from Bipul`
16:23:46 <m4n1sh> Bipul`: akshatj
16:23:47 <nigelb> +1
16:23:47 <meetingology> +1 received from nigelb
16:23:55 <AbhijiT> pksadiq, vote
16:23:58 <coolbhavi> +1
16:23:58 <meetingology> +1 received from coolbhavi
16:24:15 <Bipul`> sory i was away
16:24:18 <pksadiq> why every one only +1 , then what is the need for vote ?
16:24:32 <coolbhavi> pksadiq,
16:24:33 <m4n1sh> pksadiq: in case anyone wants to oppose
16:24:34 <AbhijiT> pksadiq, because i think geekosopher is new so let give him chance
16:24:46 <m4n1sh> pksadiq: in first meeting we had few -1 also
16:25:00 <pksadiq> k m4
16:25:22 <coolbhavi> pksadiq, no sms language please
16:25:40 <coolbhavi> if you are for then type +1
16:25:52 <coolbhavi> orelese -1 or +0
16:26:09 <coolbhavi> for abstaining
16:26:13 <pksadiq> coolbhavi : that's because i'm on mobile and it's hard to type full name, sorry
16:26:33 <pksadiq> +1
16:26:33 <meetingology> +1 received from pksadiq
16:26:39 <coolbhavi> pksadiq, okay then no problems
16:26:48 <coolbhavi> is that all?
16:26:55 <AbhijiT> done
16:27:33 <coolbhavi> silence says it all
16:27:38 <coolbhavi> #endvote
16:27:38 <meetingology> Voting ended on: geekosopher to chair next
16:27:38 <meetingology> Votes for:7 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
16:27:38 <meetingology> Motion carried
16:27:49 <akshatj> m4n1sh: sorry, was away
16:28:25 <coolbhavi> akshatj, you just missed a voting chance
16:28:27 <m4n1sh> all done?
16:28:39 <coolbhavi> I think so
16:28:48 <m4n1sh> next time we might have better topics
16:28:48 <AbhijiT> done
16:28:51 <akshatj> coolbhavi:
16:29:18 <coolbhavi> so guys thanls for turning up and participating
16:29:22 <pksadiq> Cool : but he couldn't change the fate
16:29:44 <Bipul`> m4n1sh, well i want to make a team that will conduct a workshop on Linux(ubuntu) here in every colleges and university in india
16:29:45 <nigelb> coolbhavi: #endmeeting
16:29:57 <coolbhavi> #endmeeting