20110413

Meeting started by geekosopher at 15:32:49 UTC. The full logs are available at http://mootbot.libertus.co.uk/ubuntu-in/2011/ubuntu-in.2011-04-13-15.32.log.txt .

Meeting summary

  • Previous action items - Chair

LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam/Meetings/20110314 (geekosopher, 15:34:32)

LINK: http://milky.manishsinha.net/2011/04/07/gnome-asia/ (manish, 15:39:01)

ACTION: nigelb to post about bangalore ugj (geekosopher, 15:40:33)

  • m4n1sh_ to take intro session on libraries
  • The way ahead with the new website - mistrynitesh

ACTION: geekosopher to remind mingo to continue upgrade the website (geekosopher, 15:47:13)

  • Next month team reports - Chair

Meeting ended at 15:59:10 UTC.

Votes

  • abhinav- to do this month's team reports
    • For: 5 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
  • Next month meeting chair - Chair
    • For: 4 Against: 0 Abstained: 0

Action items

  • nigelb to post about bangalore ugj
  • geekosopher to remind mingo to continue upgrade the website

Action items, by person

  • geekosopher
  • * geekosopher to remind mingo to continue upgrade the website
  • nigelb
  • * nigelb to post about bangalore ugj

People present (lines said)

  • geekosopher (70)
  • manish (53)
  • meetingology (27)
  • vikash (16)
  • nigelb (16)
  • abhinav- (9)
  • tazz (8)
  • akshatj (1)

Full Log

  • 15:32:49 <geekosopher> #startmeeting

    15:32:49 <meetingology> Meeting started Wed Apr 13 15:32:49 2011 UTC. The chair is geekosopher. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell.

    15:32:49 <meetingology> Useful Commands: #topic #action #link #idea #voters #vote #chair #action #agreed #help #info #endmeeting.

    15:33:18 <geekosopher> #topic Previous action items - Chair

    15:33:18 <meetingology> TOPIC: Previous action items - Chair

    15:33:31 <geekosopher> so what did we agree to do last?

    15:33:43 <manish> I think there was a list

    15:33:48 <manish> right?

    15:34:03 <geekosopher> yes, pulling it up

    15:34:32 <geekosopher> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam/Meetings/20110314

    15:34:53 <geekosopher> how was the ugj?

    15:34:59 <manish> nigelb: ping

    15:35:10 <geekosopher> nigelb: waiting for your post

    15:35:14 <geekosopher> Smile :)

    15:35:49 <nigelb> It was awful

    15:35:55 <nigelb> which is why I haven't blogged yet

    15:36:00 <geekosopher> abhinav-: there was no lucknow UGJ, right

    15:36:04 <manish> yes, I was supposed to come

    15:36:07 <manish> to UGJ

    15:36:14 <manish> but could not due to some unavoidable reasons

    15:36:23 <manish> some serious unavoidable reasons. I botched up

    15:36:29 <abhinav-> right, I was waiting on IRC, there are not many geeks around me Smile :)

    15:36:51 <geekosopher> ok

    15:36:53 <manish> geekosopher: next

    15:36:55 <nigelb> manish: and I don't think you want those reasons on the record :p

    15:37:05 <manish> nigelb: yes

    15:37:08 <geekosopher> so I guess we missed this opportunity to gang up

    15:37:09 <manish> :P

    15:37:11 <nigelb> heh

    15:37:22 <geekosopher> we should be planning for natty release parties then

    15:37:24 <vikash> hello everyone!

    15:37:29 <manish> vikash: hello

    15:37:34 <manish> geekosopher: yeah. Lets try

    15:37:36 <geekosopher> hi vikash

    15:37:41 <manish> geekosopher: also UGJ clashes with gnome.asia

    15:37:48 <manish> *clashed

    15:37:58 <geekosopher> hmmm

    15:38:07 <geekosopher> anybody here participated in it?

    15:38:11 <geekosopher> manish: ^

    15:38:22 <manish> geekosopher: where? UGJ or gnome.asia?

    15:38:28 <geekosopher> gnome.asia

    15:38:41 <manish> geekosopher: yes

    15:38:44 <manish> I have a report too

    15:38:49 <geekosopher> link please

    15:39:01 <manish> http://milky.manishsinha.net/2011/04/07/gnome-asia/

    15:39:13 <geekosopher> thanks

    15:39:32 <geekosopher> ok so what about natty release parties?

    15:39:50 <geekosopher> are we going to plan a local one in our cities?

    15:40:04 <geekosopher> I am sure bangalore will have one Wink ;)

    15:40:08 <manish> hope so

    15:40:24 <geekosopher> first of all let me action an item

    15:40:25 <vikash> manish, hello *

    15:40:26 <vikash> So is this meeting going one

    15:40:26 <vikash> *on

    15:40:26 <vikash> gnome asia was awesome

    15:40:33 <geekosopher> #action nigelb to post about bangalore ugj 15:40:33 * meetingology nigelb to post about bangalore ugj

    15:40:42 <manish> vikash: you should write a small post

    15:40:46 <manish> and send it to geekosopher

    15:40:57 <geekosopher> vikash: please do what manish says

    15:40:58 <vikash> about gnome asia

    15:41:02 <geekosopher> yes

    15:41:04 <vikash> ?

    15:41:07 <manish> vikash: yes

    15:41:16 <vikash> sure

    15:41:26 <manish> anything left?

    15:41:29 <akshatj> ah, so there is a meeting going on

    15:41:47 <geekosopher> anyone from delhi here right now?

    15:42:02 <geekosopher> akshatj: welcome to the party

    15:42:03 <vikash> geekosopher, your email?

    15:42:27 <manish> vikash: you can ping him

    15:42:30 <manish> or send to the mailing list

    15:42:39 <vikash> ok

    15:42:41 <geekosopher> vikash: see my pm

    15:42:49 <vikash> gt it

    15:43:00 <vikash> geekosopher, got it thnx

    15:43:15 <manish> next topic

    15:43:21 <geekosopher> anyways, there is a contact@ubuntu-in.info

    15:43:29 <geekosopher> yes

    15:43:48 <geekosopher> m4n1sh_ to take intro session on libraries

    15:44:11 <geekosopher> oops

    15:44:17 <geekosopher> #topic m4n1sh_ to take intro session on libraries

    15:44:17 <meetingology> TOPIC: m4n1sh_ to take intro session on libraries

    15:44:23 <manish> I took one session

    15:44:26 <manish> but not on library

    15:44:35 <geekosopher> ok

    15:44:41 <geekosopher> do we have logs?

    15:44:44 <manish> Zeitgeist API & Zeitgeist Application Integration

    15:44:52 <manish> Logs - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/appdevweek1104/Zeitgeist

    15:45:02 <geekosopher> cool

    15:45:22 <geekosopher> so thats about this topic, next one up

    15:45:46 <geekosopher> #topic The way ahead with the new website - mistrynitesh

    15:45:46 <meetingology> TOPIC: The way ahead with the new website - mistrynitesh

    15:45:58 <manish> I think our designer is not here

    15:46:10 <geekosopher> yes, I was expecting him here today

    15:46:22 <manish> we can defer it

    15:46:25 <geekosopher> we need to remind him of his promise Wink ;)

    15:46:33 <manish> yes

    15:46:46 <geekosopher> will mail him in a day

    15:46:50 <manish> sure

    15:47:13 <geekosopher> #action geekosopher to remind mingo to continue upgrade the website 15:47:13 * meetingology geekosopher to remind mingo to continue upgrade the website

    15:47:56 <geekosopher> anything else left to discuss, before we vote for the next chair and team reporter?

    15:48:20 <manish> I dont think so

    15:48:24 <abhinav-> my lp membership is pending :-/

    15:48:40 <nigelb> abhinav-: that's an lp bug

    15:48:42 <nigelb> which is now fixed

    15:48:56 <geekosopher> bug?

    15:49:09 <manish> geekosopher: bug in launchpad system

    15:49:10 <nigelb> yeah

    15:49:14 <geekosopher> oh yes

    15:49:24 <nigelb> I'll poke someone to make it open again 15:49:24 * abhinav- checks his memberships

    15:49:40 <manish> nigelb: catch gary_poster on #launchpad-dev

    15:49:43 <nigelb> anyway, being part or not being part, doesn't stop you from contributing

    15:49:45 <manish> or jml or lifeless

    15:49:45 <nigelb> manish: no no

    15:49:51 <nigelb> I need to catch one of our admins

    15:49:53 <manish> they can redirect them

    15:50:02 <manish> yes, then can redirect it to the admins

    15:50:08 <abhinav-> nigelb: yeah Smile :)

    15:50:10 <nigelb> No.

    15:50:21 <nigelb> Our team admin must make it open, that's it

    15:50:30 <nigelb> need to poke gosub or tuxmaniac

    15:50:53 <manish> that way

    15:50:53 <manish> hmm

    15:51:07 <manish> anything else?

    15:51:31 <geekosopher> we have 10 more minutes,

    15:51:56 <manish> I dont think there is much left

    15:52:15 <geekosopher> ok

    15:52:21 <geekosopher> #topic Next month team reports - Chair

    15:52:21 <meetingology> TOPIC: Next month team reports - Chair

    15:52:45 <geekosopher> I propose abhinav- since he missed the opportunity last month

    15:53:21 <geekosopher> anyone else want to nominate ?

    15:53:24 <manish> abhinav-: fine?

    15:53:34 <tazz> i like the way you put it. "missed the opportunity last month"

    15:53:38 <geekosopher> #vote abhinav- to do this month's team reports

    15:53:38 <meetingology> Please vote on: abhinav- to do this month's team reports

    15:53:38 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)

    15:53:39 <abhinav-> yeah.

    15:53:50 <geekosopher> +1

    15:53:50 <meetingology> +1 received from geekosopher

    15:53:52 <abhinav-> +1

    15:53:52 <meetingology> +1 received from abhinav-

    15:53:58 <tazz> +1

    15:53:58 <meetingology> +1 received from tazz

    15:53:58 <manish> +1

    15:53:58 <meetingology> +1 received from manish

    15:54:15 <geekosopher> tazz: Wink ;)

    15:54:39 <geekosopher> vikash: your vote?

    15:54:40 <manish> tazz: I thought you were afk

    15:54:41 <nigelb> +1

    15:54:41 <meetingology> +1 received from nigelb

    15:54:48 <tazz> manish, why?

    15:55:00 <manish> tazz: you were not taking part in the meet

    15:55:10 <manish> so thought u are afk

    15:55:13 <tazz> manish, ah, i was afk

    15:55:15 <tazz> mostly.

    15:55:18 <geekosopher> ok so times up

    15:55:20 <manish> anything else left

    15:55:22 <geekosopher> #endvote

    15:55:22 <meetingology> Voting ended on: abhinav- to do this month's team reports

    15:55:22 <meetingology> Votes for:5 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0

    15:55:22 <meetingology> Motion carried

    15:55:29 <vikash> +1

    15:55:38 <tazz> vikash, dosnt count now.

    15:55:40 <geekosopher> vikash: too late :P

    15:55:45 <vikash> Sad :(

    15:55:52 <geekosopher> #vote Next month meeting chair - Chair

    15:55:52 <meetingology> Please vote on: Next month meeting chair - Chair

    15:55:52 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)

    15:56:09 <geekosopher> I nominate manish

    15:56:23 <geekosopher> he missed the opportunity today Smile :)

    15:56:27 <manish> lol

    15:56:28 <abhinav-> Smile :)

    15:56:37 <geekosopher> +1

    15:56:37 <meetingology> +1 received from geekosopher

    15:56:37 <abhinav-> +1

    15:56:37 <meetingology> +1 received from abhinav-

    15:56:39 <tazz> +1

    15:56:39 <meetingology> +1 received from tazz

    15:56:45 <vikash> keh do ki yeh jhooth hai!

    15:56:48 <vikash> +1

    15:56:48 <meetingology> +1 received from vikash

    15:58:04 <geekosopher> counting till 10 to close vote

    15:58:07 <geekosopher> 1

    15:58:10 <geekosopher> 2

    15:58:15 <tazz> 3

    15:58:17 <geekosopher> 10

    15:58:26 <geekosopher> #endvote

    15:58:26 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Next month meeting chair - Chair

    15:58:26 <meetingology> Votes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0

    15:58:26 <meetingology> Motion carried

    15:58:28 <nigelb> you shoulda said 1 2 10 Wink ;)

    15:58:41 <abhinav-> 1 and 10 in the world of binaries Smile :)

    15:58:50 <geekosopher> ok, so wrap up the business this time

    15:58:53 <manish> yes

    15:59:01 <geekosopher> thank you all for rocking the party Wink ;)

    15:59:09 <manish> Smile :)

    15:59:10 <geekosopher> #endmeeting

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell)

IndianTeam/Meetings/20110413 (last edited 2011-04-13 16:53:41 by mistrynitesh)