Gather and confirm ideas on additions and updates for the Server Guide during the Ubuntu 8.10 release cycle.
A significant amount of problems with any computer system can be solved with good documentation. To that end having relevant and up to date documentation for the Ubuntu Server Edition is a worthwhile venture.
Documentation shipped with Ubuntu Server Edition in the ubuntu-serverguide package. Also, the content is available on the help.ubuntu.com web site.
Update the Windows Networking section. Ready for Reiew
- Add configuration guides for Samba Domain Controller, File Server, Print Server etc.
- Move to a use cases:
Software RAID Ready for Review
Likewise-open Ready for Review
- Document why DNS is needed.
- How to setup Windows DNS with AD.
- Likewise-open Troubleshooting.
- JeOS section update based on ISO availability.
- Include a PDF version of the Server Guide with the package.
- Any new features in Ubuntu-VM-Builder.
Any new features in ufw. Ready for Review
Server Guide bug fixes, updates, etc. Some filed bugs are Fixed
OpenLDAP cn=config documentation needed. Ready for Review
- Review the layout of the sections and standardize them.
Kerberos authentication server. Ready for Review
White listing using Amavisd-new and DKIM. Ready for Review
Also relates to ServerAmavisdDKIMSpec
- Detailed instructions are in the RELEASE_NOTES file for the amavisd-new packages.
- Instructions should be added to the Mail Filtering section.
- Add a network authentication section that give an overview of LDAP, Kerberos for servers and clients. And then add sub-sections about how to configure an LDAP and/or Kerberos server for authentication, how to configure clients to authenticate against your server (using auth-client-config).